Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid  (Read 19237 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Prologue: The Siege of Horizon
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2015, 04:10:45 pm »

Katoya staggers, unsteady and weighed down with the grief she has always felt-the world seems grey and lifeless to her, the stream of rain making a mock of the sunlight-the captains armor, which used to shine with gold, seems almost as dead it's owner seems to have been-lying shattered on the ground.

She's never felt as alone as she does right now.

She decides to gather up the pieces, wondering if the Captain will even live long enough to know, or if he'll even be thankful-it might only be a reminder that his fighting days are done and gone. She's no blacksmith, is unsure if it could ever be repaired...and she's no medic, not sure if the man will ever be whole again. Miserable thoughts, to be sure.

She then trudges off alone to a find a spot to sleep away her worries, wondering if the dreams will come again. Or the Skaal...

Action: Gather up the captains battered armor, then go find a safe place to sleep.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2015, 04:41:53 pm »

Kyle looks around before sighing.

Kyle goes to see if they need anyone for guard duty.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2015, 05:03:17 pm »

Duncan quietly helps Katoya pick up the pieces. Once they have all been gathered, he takes them, and looks for a forge. He might not be able to completely fix it, but if he could just make it whole once more... It'd be a nice gesture.
Gather and then repair the captain's broken armor.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2015, 05:38:25 pm »

Maruko comes down from his battle high a bit at a time.

The dwarf is left wondering why he still isn't dead, and why someone else was dying instead. Just like- no.

He stares at the sky before going to gather his bow, the shield, and his katana, before working on cleaning and restoring them. Noticing Katoya and Duncan gathering up the Captain's armor as he picks up the shield, the scene leads him to introspection and thought, later, while he is removing his armor to clean it as well, from within the relative safety of one of the rooms where the remainder of the party is taking their rest. The fallen samurai looks up at the cloud-covered sky from the window for nearly twenty minutes after finishing with his equipment, before getting up, grabbing his small irongrass mat, and going outside.

He laid it out on one of the less muddy sections of earth, and sat cross-legged on it, eyes closed, beard unbraided, and began to meditate, sheathed shortsword beneath Davora's shield by his side, also on the mat.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2015, 05:54:44 pm »

Alicia retreated to the inn. For a long while, she lay curled up on the bed, shaking with the release of nerves and adrenaline.

---

She was startled when her stomach rumbled. The sun was down, but she could hear people moving about downstairs. She retrieved food and returned to her room.

She pulled out the dragon fang, inspecting it for a while. Maybe... it wasn't springy enough to serve as tension for a bow, probably, but it woudl be reinforcement.

Craft check - how would I turn the fang into an improved bow?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2015, 01:13:10 pm »

Ethnon
"Hmmm... Abyssal Steel is tough to forge right. Thankfully, we have a weaponsmith still here in the city who specializes in rare and magical materials." She shows you how to get there before heading back to her home. "I wish I could stay, but I need to get some rest before I collapse."
You follow Arweth's directions and end up at an armory across down that looks like it took a little damage in the battle. As you enter, two people that Maruko would recognize are busy cleaning up debris and tools strewn about the room. One is a tall human woman, the other is a short-bearded gnome. Neither seem to notice you entering.

Katoya
The inn-turned-barracks seems like a good place to call it a night. The soldiers inside seem to be celebrating a small victory, although some are too busy mourning the loss of brothers and sisters in arms to be happy right now. You head upstairs and find a somewhat secluded place to lay down, and fall asleep almost immediately.

Kyle
You ask around about who's in charge now that Davora is incapacitated, and find a sergeant named Hildegerd. She's obviously not too used to leading troops, and is a little shaken from the battle, but she tells you that it's probably better to get some rest, but if you insist on helping, more patrols up on the walls couldn't hurt.

Duncan
The armor is broken beyond your skill, but you try your best.
[[ROLL: DEX + Tinker (12)]]
You're left with a piece of armor with a small hole in the shoulder that would be a little uncomfortable to wear, but at least you tried, right?

Alicia
[Conflicted 6: The Three]
Suddenly hit with inspiration, you borrow some tools and go to work modifying your current bow. You work through the night and into the morning, but when you're done, your bow is intricately inlaid with dragon bone, and the sigil of your clan is emblazoned on both sides. You sit back, marveling at your handiwork. You've made and modified bows before, but never this masterfully. Plus, you had enough bone left over from that fang to make a few arrowheads.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2015, 01:17:45 pm »

Kyle gives some reassuring words to Hildegard and then goes to patrol the wall.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2015, 03:37:44 pm »

((ah, this is back. Excellent.))

Alicia sat back, pleased. The bow was a greater work than she'd expected. Her neck was stiff from angling to get a look at the fine work-in-progress, but she wanted to test out her new modifications. She could feel an affinity with the dragonbone, though that sounded strange.

She headed downstairs, looking for a place to test her new construction.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2015, 04:31:43 pm »

"Blacksmith-people! Ethnon requires help to make a magical staff of focusing power! Have material, will allow fabrication! Place compound eye at the top! Yes?"

Wave around the lance to further my point.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2015, 06:32:15 pm »

((I apologize for the extended downtime. I've been really busy looking for a job of late. I'm also going to hold off on Alicia's, Maruko's and Katoya's actions until the rest of the party timeskips to morning.))

Kyle
Hildegard thanks you, and you head up to the walls. The first thing you notice is that the eastern wall now joins a cliff at its base, which falls all the way into a large body of water. To the north, a large river turns into rapids and then a waterfall. Unmistakably Jedna's Folly. Meaning the large body of water is the Fairwind Sound, and the large forest surrounding you to the west and south must be the Bitterwood. Looks like the teleportation spell didn't take you far, but at least it put the much more well-defended Axis in the way. Eventually, after a long and uneventful night full of sweeping wild animals off the forested sides of the walls, dawn breaks, and you yawn and finish your shift.

Ethnon
Both look at you, but the gnome seems to be the only one genuinely interested. His eyes widen. "I-i-is that... abyssal steel? I-i've never seen so much in one place!"
The woman props her broom up against a wall and takes the lance from you, holding it surprisingly easily for how big and heavy it is. "Hmmm... I can't imagine someone your size wielding this on horseback. Where'd you get it from? Did Skaal drop it?"
She doesn't wait for you to answer before giving it a few practice thrusts. "Yeah, I could turn this into a staff. Probably have enough left over for a nice sword blade, too. Give me until midday tomorrow. I'll have your staff ready by then. Hughes here should be able to make sure it channels magic, too."
The gnome steps forward and bows to you, before turning back to the woman. "Milady, if you would allow me to have a look at that marvelous pain enchantmen-"
"Maybe some other time, Hughes. I need to do this quick, before the inspiration subsides. Get the coldforge ready."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2015, 02:16:50 pm »

"Ethnon will do as you say!" Ethnon says. It is nice to have someone else be helpful.

Leave the shop now, and rest! It's well-earned, no?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2015, 07:06:44 pm »

Disappointed, Duncan finds a place to lie down.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: Dire Straits
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2015, 06:39:34 pm »

Duncan and Ethnon
You both find the inn and the room Katoya is sleeping in. Though neither of you need much sleep, you manage to get a few hours of rest before dawn.

Alicia
You go out to test your new creation and find a (currently) deserted archery range. The bow itself is a little heavier than you're used to, and the arrowheads are more lightweight than ones made of metal or stone. In the dim light before dawn, you take a few practice shots, and feel yourself getting a little more used to the power and weight.

Everyone
A new dawn breaks over a new skyline in the old city of Horizon. About an hour after daybreak, Imperial legionnaires come to wake you and bring you to Captain Davora, who has woken and asked to see you.
Davora is laying on a cot in a triage tent with other wounded soldiers. He painfully attempts to sit up upon seeing you, but the nurse attending to him eases him back down. His shoulder is wrapped in clean bandages, and the rest of his armor is laying underneath his cot. He hails you with his good hand, his left laying limp and useless. To your surprise, Lady Arweth is also there and she looks like she's been waiting for you.
"So... I hear we've won. Although not in the way I would've liked... Still, we made it out alive. I understand I have all of you to thank for not just the protection of the city, but for saving my life as well."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2015, 06:43:59 pm »

"W-we just did the b-best we could..."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2015, 06:53:48 pm »

Kyle waves his metal arm dismissively.
"It's no big deal. Used to do it a lot more before... well, I'm sure you can guess."
Kyle says flexing the squeaky fingers of the prosthetic. He frowns to himself. Gonna have to oil that soon...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22