Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid  (Read 19263 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Prologue: The Siege of Horizon
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2014, 11:56:24 pm »

Roll recovery, then Burning Hands!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2014, 01:17:07 am »

Choose a monster I have a relatively clear shot on and shoot them with a bit of those Enlightened Eyes of Ezamfoth (Ray of Frost, but hopefully as eyebeams)!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2014, 01:17:42 am »

RAAAAA! GO BEAT SKELETON! BEATING GOOD!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2014, 12:03:59 am »

Alicia fires an arrow into the weaker looking hound, which embeds itself into its skull. While she fumbles with her second arrow, Maruko brings his katana up and across another of the hounds' flank, shattering the forelimb and with it the connection to the rest of the leg. The skeletal warriors take creeping swings at their targets, and deal 3 damage to Duncan, Maruko and Kyle, each.
Davora picks up momentum, yanking the painful tooth out of his side with a satisfied grunt and swinging down at the wounded hound in front of him, severing its head with a single final blow.
As Davora squares off with the remaining hound accosting him, Duncan regains his composure, healing by 6 points, but his target still manages to leap away from his flames, as steam raises up from the water where it used to be.
Kyle's raging swings don't do much for his accuracy, but Ethnon manages to hit the hound Kyle couldn't, freezing it solid before Kyle finally manages to shatter it.

There are now six skeletal warriors and two skeletal hounds left.
The Escalation Die is now at 2.
It is Kat's turn.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2014, 12:41:59 am »

Vents on Duncan's armor begin to open up and the water that splashed on him begins to steam. The air around the vents quivers, like a hot summer's day.
Gather Power.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2014, 02:17:18 am »

"It is working! Ethnon is helpful!"

Shoot up some more of the skeletal thingies with those Enlightened Eyes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2014, 09:17:08 am »

Action: Target the ones who close with our party with battle chant, and then my crossbow, in that order.

If triggering "Stay Strong" cast it on whoever is being attacked, use "Pull it together" if someone is in need of healing.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2014, 01:52:30 pm »

Pew pew at the hounds
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:56:38 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2014, 06:18:17 pm »

Kat chants once more at the skeleton attacking Duncan, as it falls apart and splashes into the water. Suddenly, Davora feels a little more resilient. (+2 AC)
The wolves renew their attack, as one smashes into Davora again, and the other leaps at Duncan and misses. Meanwhile, two arrows fly towards two hounds, one embedding itself in the flank of the one attacking Davora, the other ripping its way through the skull of the other, sending it staggering back.

There are now five skeletal warriors and two skeletal hounds left.
The Escalation Die is still at 2.
It is Maruko's turn.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2014, 10:04:00 pm »

Maruko steps between Duncan and the Hound, shouting in challenge as he struck at it once more.

Honor Duel(and hit) the Wolf. No attacking the mage.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2014, 12:04:08 am »

This wasn't too bad... they could do this. She'd fumbled one earlier, she had to be more careful.

She notched another arrow and let fly, her other hand already flying to brush the obsidian tips, fingers wrapping around the ash shaft to bring it to the bow and pull back and release-

She could pull it back stronger, but that was that fraction of a second slower and more tiring, and two arrows did more damage than one strong one.

Hit two more skeletons.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2015, 05:19:44 am »

((I'm seriously pushing my bedtime here, and I don't really have everything I need, but I'm going to update this before I forget, goddamn it.))

Spoiler: Initiative again (click to show/hide)

Maruko squares off with the wolf, the surrounding battle fading from his perception, as if he and it are the only ones left fighting. He slashes it across the muzzle, and it jumps back, doing its best to bare its fangs without lips.
Meanwhile, the warriors swing ineffectually, only one grazing Kyle, who takes 3 damage, while Davora continues a relentless assault on the undead hound in front of him.

It will be Duncan's turn once I can actually open the PH and look up what Gather Power is. Which will be tomorrow. If I don't forget...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2015, 09:35:07 pm »

Duncan Begins to hum loudly, glowing slightly as his eyes light up and the plates on his body shift slightly, giving him +1 AC until the end of his next turn.

Kyle's turn!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 09:42:50 pm by AlleeCat »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2015, 09:35:53 pm »

Attack skeletons!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2015, 01:44:35 pm »

Katoya tried to concentrate as her hands began to numb, but the bone-things kept coming, closer and closer, relentlessly...her song quicker paced, sweeter, more desperate, more full of life, sad and defiant in the face of death-she twined the threads of creation round her delicate fingers, weaving the loom of fey 'round her allies...later (if there was a later) one would be hard pressed to recall more than a passing note of the song she wove that day, but the emotions it brought would be recalled in later years as a pattern one could never truly grasp-fragments gathered in half remembered dreams, in twilight silence, morning birdsong, the hum of insects, on deaths bed...

...The song of Life...

Action: Target the undead hound closest with our party with battle chant, if any left.

If triggering "Stay Strong" cast it on whoever is being attacked, use "Pull it together" if someone is in need of healing.

Also, start rolling for my Elven Grace! If triggered, use Befuddle on a Hound, if any left, otherwise an extra Battle Chant on a skeleton (if that's how it works?)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:20:20 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22