Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: Great River Politics [11/20]  (Read 31505 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics [8/20]
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2014, 06:34:11 pm »

"Very well, we will not participate; any and all Anarchists within our territory will be dealt in accordance with our own laws."

Immigration/Refugee

[Sapiastan accepts Human Nomads who pass a comprehensive physical examination, and swear a contract binding them to the law of Sapiastan. Redguard and Elven Nomads are turned away. If they try getting through, it is considered Trespassing and trespassers are to be shot.]

[Recruit able-bodied adult Humans Nomads into the Military and Workforce.]
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2014, 07:04:07 pm »

"I believe someone may wish to remind the lummox here." The Ducal delegate gesturing to Sapiastan's representative. "Just what is being discussed here, I believe he's lost track of it."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2014, 07:11:11 pm »

"I believe someone may wish to remind the lummox here." The Ducal delegate gesturing to Sapiastan's representative. "Just what is being discussed here, I believe he's lost track of it."

"I was responding to the previous matter, mind your own matters. Typical..."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2014, 07:22:10 pm »

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2014, 08:37:30 pm »

*snipped*
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:49:33 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2014, 11:21:24 pm »

Spoiler: Finished (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:22:56 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2014, 11:31:14 pm »

I'll get you popped into the charts in the morning.

But as for right now
(This is only for blitz)

Your recently formed state consists of nomads that have congregated in the mountains to get away from disease

WORLD NEWS
[east side nomads no longer try to gain entry into cities as they have formed their own]
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2014, 11:32:55 pm »

Can I join?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2014, 11:41:33 pm »

Can I join?

Yep

Welcome to the Great Rover hall both of you

WORLD NEWS
[Anarchist radicals head to the east desert and rally the nomads around that region and create their own state]
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2014, 11:46:36 pm »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2014, 11:53:39 pm »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2014, 12:18:10 am »

I want to play too. This is post-apocalpitic, right? So do we have modern equipment, guns and artillery, or swords and bows? You mentioned an arrow earlier, so I just wanted to be sure.
-----------

Name of nation: Terra Arma (Italian for "Weapons Land")
Military: Incredibly powerful in some ways, incredibly weak elsewhere. Incredibly skilled and well equipped troops are available in massive numbers, but it has no real military hierarchy making it incredibly disorganized (Strong, for game play purposes)
Government: Athenian Democracy. Every man-woman-and child gets a vote on anything that happens. This allows for great freedom and makes the law malleable, but often leads to mob rule.
Peoples: Human
Law: "Mob Law", people accused of acting against the (loose and often up to interpretation) laws are sent to the Debate yard, where they are put on trial in front of the jury of anyone who shows up. After lengthy arguments from both sides, the jury votes by show of weapons. On a guilty verdict, both parties suggest a punishment, with the jury voting on one of them if they deem it reasonable. (Mild, For game play purposes)
Religion: Arma Dio, the God of Weapons. Every practitioner is required to own, train, and maintain with a personal arm daily if at all possible. They believe that Demons bringing bad luck thrive in this world, but the sight of weapons frightens them away. They can see the rust on weapons and notice if you slack in your training, bringing bad luck to you when they see you are weak. Each is buried with at least one weapon-so they can protect loved ones and ancestors as spiriti arma, until they eventually become strong enough to fight past the demons to Paradise.

Is that acceptable?

----------

And assuming I am accepted....

After many long days in the decorated crater known as the Debate hall, the people have finally come to a consensus on what is to be done about the nahbors and other issues. There is a lot of celebratory shouting and wooping, along with exiting sparring and celebratory weapon fire. It continues for several minutes, before everyone walks away, back to their own business.

[Terra Arma sends missionaries and low-quality weapons to the Nomad cities. Not to build a military or anything, but to spread the glory of our religion to the world. Mention how disease are caused by Demons who sense weakness, and that by being armed and ready they will be able to fight it off.]

[Send a delegate, even if uninvited, to the meeting. It shouldn't take too long to get him there.]

Internally:
[Start processing raw materials into weapons of varying quality. These will be used as a trade good and as missionary supplies.]

Trading:
[Send traders and missionaries to the The Byzantine Confederacy. We know that they have their own strict religion, so we are bringing a lot to the table. Offer free metal to allow us to open Churches and preaching to the people, and for our beliefs to be tolerated without prosecuting any converts. The traders will offer to trade weapons for small quantities of wood, which will be used to make more weapons.]

[Send Missionaries to the Duchy of Aerindinus, bringing a sample of weapons to the people. Change the sermon to fit the people, be sure to mention weapons not as a possession but as part of the soul. Also send Diplomats "Talker's" offering mutual defense of our mountains.]

[Missionaries and traders, again, to Maramial. There current beliefs should fold well to our own religion. Offer to trade weapons, with the missionary bringing some to give away, of course, in return for the only thing they really have: Military support. Ask to set up churches, to avoid the long trip to isolated areas.]

[Missionaries and Talker diplomats to Xavien. They are our nahbors, it is only right that we work to protect each other. Offer weapons from our Missionaries, making sure to mention that the religion is perfectly in line with duty. In fact, it is their duty to drive demons away from their country.]

And, finally, of course.

[Send missionaries and traders to Serbis. Offer weapons and larger supplies of metals in return for food supplies, again bringing a sample of weaponry with the missionaries if possible.]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:27:25 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2014, 02:01:13 am »

I want to play too. This is post-apocalpitic, right? So do we have modern equipment, guns and artillery, or swords and bows? You mentioned an arrow earlier, so I just wanted to be sure.
From what I can tell guns are rare and modern artillery is pretty non-existent. Swords, bows, axes, and metal armour are the norm. Since it hasn't been brought up even once I'm guessing that horses aren't used in most - if not all - of the current militaries.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:15:08 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2014, 03:50:21 am »

Name of state: The Great Kingdom of Demestris
Military: Strong; 13,000 foot soldiers (archers and swordsmen) and 2000 heavy cavalry split evenly between the Five Armies; 4000 reserve troops; Military is approximately 70% Human, 22% Elf, 8% Redguard
Spoiler: Army Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Misc (click to show/hide)
Government: Absolute Monarchy/Republic; Current ruler: Great King Augustus
Peoples: 68% Humans, 30% Elves, 2% Redguards
Laws: Strict
Religion: Heavily restricted, but free in private.

Spoiler: History of Demestris (click to show/hide)

Demestris foreign policy used to be isolationist but recent actions taken by the Great King have moved it up to a standard policy.

Spoiler: Demestris Library (click to show/hide)

Demestris has next to nothing in the way of modern weaponry, relying on metal armour, swords, spears, shields, bows, and horses instead. This has a great deal to do with the lack of pre-ware relics, advanced science texts relevant to the area, and the total absence of scientists.

Incentive for political mobility is better housing for the person in question and their family, status, and more food. Incentive for joining the military is the same but a pension is thrown in if they reach Third Rank and serve for a further 2 years after they reach it. The retirees are automatically put on reserve and can be called up during times of war.

The only ones allowed to carry arms in the city of Demestris are the First and Second armies. Permission to carry arms is given by the Great King, Senators, high magistrates, and Demestrian diplomats. The punishment for bringing weapons into the city without permission is one month slavery for every weapon.

Demestris is known by some as being the only city-state without ANY scientists. As such, most pre-war technologies used by other cities are unavailable to Demestris. Masonry, agriculture, animal husbandry, textiles, and food preservation are the most advanced technologies available to Demestris. All weapons and armour have been imported from other cities being that foundries and factories are non-existent in Demestris.

Population: ~150,000 citizens, ~200 permanent slaves, ~300 temporary slaves(included in the citizen count)

Production of cotton and other plants related to clothes-making is rather advanced but only on a medium-scale level. Clothes are rather important in Demestrian culture and as such there is a high level of skill in the area.

The Demestris Library is the second most important cultural icon of Demestris, somewhat closely behind the Great King himself.

As a compliment to the cotton industry, sheep herding is the most abundant livestock in Demestris at ~5000 heads. Horses are second at ~4000 including military horses (the number is only so high because of the efforts made by Great King Leonidas), chickens at ~2000, oxen at ~1200, and cows and pigs at ~200 each.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:54:59 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2014, 04:22:35 am »

*Mostly shameless TRIPLE posting*

((I will assume I don't have to worry about anarchists or nomads any more.))
((Which regions border which other regions? Actually, I could probably make a crude paint map if I had the geography of the regions, the location of the Great River, and what regions border what. Are the West Forests North, East, or South of the West Plains for example?))
((Links to the city sheets in the OP would be really helpful too.))
((If someone finds a typo or grammatical error in my city sheet please PM me or post here please. I take pride in my work.))
((How does interbreeding work? My guess is that humans/elves and humans/redguards work, but elves/redguards don't. I also guess that there is an equal chance of the child being one of the two species rather than being a mix of both.))

Diplomatic Interactions
[The Senate of Demestris sends a human delegate to River Hall. She will arrive shortly.]
[Great King Augustus offers Norogoth a Defensive Alliance; if one of the treaty members is attacked, the other will come to their aid. He also asks for Military Access during peacetime between the two city states.]
[Great King Augustus offers to trade food for any fictional, historical, or practical texts.]

Internal Interactions
[The Great King bades the South General to move to the South-West.] (Classified)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:57:26 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33