Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Huge forest fire  (Read 4996 times)

Boothby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Huge forest fire
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 03:42:10 pm »

Some goblins got into a fight with a magma crab near my volcano on my current map and started a fire that burnt the whole map. The pause spam was bad until I remembered you can surpress them via dfhack.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 09:04:06 pm »

Some goblins got into a fight with a magma crab near my volcano on my current map and started a fire that burnt the whole map. The pause spam was bad until I remembered you can surpress them via dfhack.

How? I've got all these bloody trees dropping branches.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 09:07:19 pm »

There's no need for DFHack:
You need to modify announcements.txt to no longer have D_D, P or R options active

This page will help

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Announcements.txt
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 07:03:06 pm »

If it doesn't fly, build a roof on the level above it, build a retracting bridge, and put heavy items on it. Cave ins always hurt, even if they don't kill.

I might have been able to try that if I had anything already built above ground. My fort was 100% underground.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 10:26:29 pm »

Recently used DFHack to dump a 7/7 tile of lava onto a zombie with the final intent of burning the entire surface on the west side of my river.. Was going to see how much damage a good fire would do to the zombies on that side, but quickly realized (as the fire started climbing z-levels..) that there were many tree-to-tree links over the river so the fire could hop over to the side with my fort :| My fort that happens to be all-wooden outdoor housing for nest boxes, hives, and the military (before I called them all underground to hide, anyway..) I built it with hopes of seeing it tragically burn down (and to see what all the filled coffins 8 z-levels up would do when they fell..), but I didn't want it burning due to a fire I set myself :>
Constructions are currently indestructible no matter what they're made of. Not sure about wooden workshops themselves, or hives and nest boxes, or for that matter bridges (which can act like floors and walls up to a point), though.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.
Pages: 1 [2]