Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76344 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #360 on: December 10, 2014, 04:28:51 pm »

Charge up dynamic flying(AUX?) roll.
I'm ready to go, Messer-General.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 10, 2014, 04:56:06 pm »

"A friend in need is a friend and steed."

Lars raises his arms in prayer.   "FOR THE GLORY OF STEVE!"

Pick up cargo, lock him in.  On signal, fly out toward the mission area.  Land on top of A12, deposit cargo, and start shooting hostiles with Raduga.  Easy sweeps, chop em in half.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:39:19 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 10, 2014, 07:07:57 pm »

Run/fly along behind Miya, allowing his form to shield me and obscure my position. Use my amps to defend my team from incoming fire as necessary.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 10, 2014, 10:52:39 pm »

"I'll be up giving close air support, call me down if you need something reattached."
Wait for impact then take to the air and begin blasting buildings apart, causing general destruction.

(RC or SC, feel free to direct my fire, I'll just cause havoc otherwise.)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 11, 2014, 05:12:32 pm »

"I'll be up giving close air support, call me down if you need something reattached."
Wait for impact then take to the air and begin blasting buildings apart, causing general destruction.

((SC, since he's on your squad, I'm gonna leave this up to you.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 11, 2014, 07:28:59 pm »

(That would imply I know/care what the plan is. Just poke me when there's a chance to throw Jim onto a metaphorical grenade.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 11, 2014, 10:30:21 pm »

Run/fly along behind Miya, allowing his form to shield me and obscure my position. Use my amps to defend my team from incoming fire as necessary.

Keep up in similar fashion, however lacking an amp merely attempt to return fire when possible.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #367 on: December 12, 2014, 11:09:14 am »

"Anybody need a ride? Or are you two gonna superman your way there?" Flint addressed Renen and Jim.

Fly low towards the enemy base, following the plan. Lead my group so that I can soak up light fire. Try to dodge heavy fire.
Finally launch that automapping drone I've been preparing to launch forever. Have it take a look at their perimeter defenses from afar and warn the others if there's trouble. If it gets done within this turn, have it stay above the position we're moving towards and provide a bird's eye view.
Attack any incoming missiles with indigo hydra mode of the rainbow cannon and anyone shooting at us with the visible light mode of the advanced laser cannon.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 11:14:40 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 12, 2014, 03:37:47 pm »

(That would imply I know/care what the plan is. Just poke me when there's a chance to throw Jim onto a metaphorical grenade.)

(If you don't care, then why didn't you respond when I asked you if you wanted command of your team?

Furthermore, why sign up for the mission anyways?)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #369 on: December 12, 2014, 03:54:42 pm »

Shit, I forgot this and looking at what you're doing, it's gonna matter.

When this beam hits, it's gotta release a lot of EM discharge, a lot of electrical interference. Anything electronic is gonna be effected, unless specifically shielded. It shouldn't be too much of a problem for the first shot, since you're all gonna be running in after it, but if you want steve to keep bombarding the place, or if you want to run in as the shot comes down, it could mean big problems.

I'll give you till tomorrow to change any plans you have, then do the turn.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 12, 2014, 04:01:09 pm »

How much time delay between shots are we talking about if Steve fires just two shots?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 12, 2014, 05:48:44 pm »

Well, this is inconvenient. Not sure why, exactly, those laser strikes should generate EM charges, but eh. Yeah, we'll want to avoid walking in on that.

So, everybody agrees on waiting outside the safe zone until the first shot is fired, then move in?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #372 on: December 12, 2014, 06:16:40 pm »

How much time delay between shots are we talking about if Steve fires just two shots?
It's pretty much instantaneous, I just don't want you standing right next to it when it happens.

Well, this is inconvenient. Not sure why, exactly, those laser strikes should generate EM charges, but eh. Yeah, we'll want to avoid walking in on that.

So, everybody agrees on waiting outside the safe zone until the first shot is fired, then move in?
That would work. Should we just assume you do that?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:21:27 pm by piecewise »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 12, 2014, 06:32:08 pm »

That would work. Should we just assume you do that?

Unless anyone objects (and Indon't suspect there will be many candidates for getting hi by EM), then yes, do this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #374 on: December 12, 2014, 08:44:52 pm »

It's hard, at first, to tell the strike is even happening. From a distance, all you can see is a bit of strange electrical phenomena on the target; saint elmo's fire glowing on every sharp angle or extruding fixture. Then the grass around the building bursts into flame and windows shatter. The structures distorts, half melting, half crushing down as though under some great invisible weight. The entire area glows with heat and the radios screech with interference.

>Low power, slow build pulse completed. High power, high concentration pulses commencing.

In the distance, beyond the burning mess of the A-12 building, two smaller buildings vanish in a burst of light and a dull thud, like flash powder going off.

>D1 and D7 destroyed.

>Awaiting your command.

"Commence operation."

Tell Steve to shoot their comms building, then continue with their garage. Start sprinting in the direction of building A12, using the slightly curved path detailed earlier. Use up dex bonus for getting there fast.

Use manip to deflect away any incoming projectiles. Try to stay between incoming fire and my squadmates.

Oh, and in case we get there next turn: keep running and ram through the building if it doesn't look like that would hurt me. If it would, just stop and assess situation.

(For the record, pw, are you aware we split up into two subteams? Just making sure.)
You burst from the vegetation and charge down the gentle hills outlying the base. The Avatar takes great loping steps, gaining speed down the decline as it charges in. You hardly notice the fence as you pass through it, only a slight jerk as it snaps across your chest. Beyond the fence is the main south bound road, a slab of blacktop that crunches underfoot like Styrofoam. You stumble slightly, raise your arms and shield your body as you smash straight into the A-12 building, tearing straight through a hallway and back out onto the grass in a shower of smashed concrete and glass.

Be fine cargo! Clutch at my noble bearer as if my life depended on it. After all, it does.
"A friend in need is a friend and steed."

Lars raises his arms in prayer.   "FOR THE GLORY OF STEVE!"

Pick up cargo, lock him in.  On signal, fly out toward the mission area.  Land on top of A12, deposit cargo, and start shooting hostiles with Raduga.  Easy sweeps, chop em in half.
Lars blasts off from the outskirts and clears the distance to A12 in a single long, rocket assisted leap, Maurice cradled in his arms. The second his feet touch the roof top he immediately dumps Maurice off him and runs over to one corner of the roof, looking for targets.

Charge up dynamic flying(AUX?) roll.
I'm ready to go, Messer-General.
Yeah. Ok. BIT LATE. HEROIC ENTRANCE TO MURDERVILLE RUINED! 6/10 AT BEST IN THE SYNCHRONIZED WARMONGERING! GOD DAMN IT.

You make it to the remains of the fence. Despite your best efforts, keeping up with an avatar at full sprint is beyond you.

What weapon do you have...Oh thats right, you have that thing. Lets see...

Mesk screams in low, over Mrs. Kitty's head and, with no other directions to go on, decides to attack A13. He fires his alien death...triangle at the far side of it. The shot punches longways through the building like a high caliber bullet through a loaf of bread, vaporizing not only the majority of that building but continuing on, carving a molten trail across the base and clipping off part of C-9 before finally hitting c-13 and leveling it in a burst of flame.

A-13, judging from what remains of it, was a dental office.

Keep up in similar fashion, however lacking an amp merely attempt to return fire when possible.
You keep up with Snuggleface the cat, but not with miya, who is kinda the opposite of snuggle face.

"Anybody need a ride? Or are you two gonna superman your way there?" Flint addressed Renen and Jim.

Fly low towards the enemy base, following the plan. Lead my group so that I can soak up light fire. Try to dodge heavy fire.
Finally launch that automapping drone I've been preparing to launch forever. Have it take a look at their perimeter defenses from afar and warn the others if there's trouble. If it gets done within this turn, have it stay above the position we're moving towards and provide a bird's eye view.
Attack any incoming missiles with indigo hydra mode of the rainbow cannon and anyone shooting at us with the visible light mode of the advanced laser cannon.

Neither Renen or jim have moved so....um...We'll say you threw your drone anyways, but didn't leave your team.

Alarms start going off almost immediately, and men start running out of building C-4,C-5 and C-9 and 10. They don't look terribly armed or dangerous, more just kind of confused.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45