Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76198 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2014, 06:18:21 pm »

Private to Miya:
Is the UWM here, as in this area? Or just on the planet? Do we have any intelligence on them?
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #271 on: November 08, 2014, 10:22:20 am »

Flint was glad his faceplate was down so that nobody could see him smile.
Heh. Maybe Lars should had studied a bit before accepting this job. Then again, honesty is the best policy, so in a way-
Huh? What's going on?
Damn. I knew it couldn't be that easy.

Get ready.
If it seems appropriate, get up, get into Gilgamesh, make sure he's battle ready and survey the area with cam-eyes.
Else, ask Steve if he has any idea what's going on and what they're talking about.

@Lars: "I'm ready to offer protection."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 08, 2014, 10:27:46 am »

Private to Miya:
Is the UWM here, as in this area? Or just on the planet? Do we have any intelligence on them?

"Yes, the UWM is in the area, though we don't know how strong their presence currently is. We don't know a lot about them honestly, so be ready for anything."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2014, 11:24:34 am »

Finish the meal politely. Be respectful of their traditions - I suppose hands are to be washed again after the meal?
Suit up and get ready.

With a slightly detached and melancholic expression and usual wide warm smile on his face, Maurice put on the suit gloves and fixed up the attachment mechanism. The helmet followed soon afterwards.
Over the comms: On your command.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 08, 2014, 12:16:35 pm »

Finish the meal politely. Be respectful of their traditions - I suppose hands are to be washed again after the meal?
Suit up and get ready.

With a slightly detached and melancholic expression and usual wide warm smile on his face, Maurice put on the suit gloves and fixed up the attachment mechanism. The helmet followed soon afterwards.
Over the comms: On your command.

(Given how scarce water is on this planet, it may actually be customary not to do so.)
"zzz"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #275 on: November 08, 2014, 12:35:24 pm »

Renen talks in private with Miya.

Maybe we should offer them to a way to get the citizens out of this planet very fast too. They seem to be a state that values their citizens, so a way for defense and for flight may be a good offer. It's up to you.

Private link back.
"It seems like they might be convinced without offering that though. And a golden rule in bartering is to never offer more than you have to. After all, if we promise this that's another drain on our resources. But if it seems they might not pull through after all, then this might be used to tip the scales in our balance. So, a good idea, but let's keep it as a backup for now."

Mesk tenses slightly in his chair and quickly sends off a private message to Jim and Miyamoto.
Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: James Kelly, Miyamoto de Bergerac
Think we should try and get out of here to somewhere slightly safer?  Don't think these guys would appreciate a battle breaking out in their dining room.

And back again:
Thing is though, we have no idea about the layout of this building, so this might be the most fortified location they had available. And if they have a secret bomb shelter or so nearby, i think they'll call upon that when they think it's necessary. They'd need it more than us after all.

But you are very right about being proactive. Jim, you and me need to stay on our toes, to intervene should shit hit the fan.

Charge a dex bonus. This is to be used for a 'reaction shot' of sorts in case we get attacked or other bad shit happens. Use said reaction by using manip to protect the delegates and my team from danger (eg pushing away debris, creating force dome shield, whatever).
Done
Lars nodded at his words.  "I will have to check with our engineering team; the one you see here was built on our factory world in less than a year.  It may take a bit longer to get the needed supplies to this fine planet."

As he continued, Lars frowned.  "Our team is ready to defend if you need us."

Talk.  Offer assistance.

"The representatives of the UWM on this planet have contacted us with an ultimatum of sorts. They lack the power to combat that warship of yours, but they are threatening to contact larger forces if we do not toss you out immediately." He wrings his hands together thoughtfully. "We need to do something about that and quickly."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 08, 2014, 02:02:10 pm »

Keep bonus charged.

Ask Steve:

"Is there any way you could jam them? anything you could do that buys us some time?"

To Lars over mail:

We need to make sure they won't contact the UWM. Might be able to make it seem like the representatives reject us and comply to UWM demand, after which we'll have a bigger window to disable their communications ability. Ask him if they think this could work, and if they would want to play along. And if not, what we should do to prevent them from contacting their superiors.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:05:29 pm by Radio Controlled »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 09, 2014, 07:33:15 pm »

Lars looked at the representative in the eye.  "Well then, I suppose it's time for you decide if you want to cast off your yoke or remain under the thumb of the UWM.  If you wish to merely pretend to reject us so that a call is not sent out, our group can... ensure that no message goes out at all."

Diplomancy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2014, 02:57:49 pm »

Keep bonus charged.

Ask Steve:

"Is there any way you could jam them? anything you could do that buys us some time?"

To Lars over mail:

We need to make sure they won't contact the UWM. Might be able to make it seem like the representatives reject us and comply to UWM demand, after which we'll have a bigger window to disable their communications ability. Ask him if they think this could work, and if they would want to play along. And if not, what we should do to prevent them from contacting their superiors.
They'd use FTL comms, can't jam those. But, if you know where they are, we can do a more...physical type of interference. One that leaves a nice crater.
Lars looked at the representative in the eye.  "Well then, I suppose it's time for you decide if you want to cast off your yoke or remain under the thumb of the UWM.  If you wish to merely pretend to reject us so that a call is not sent out, our group can... ensure that no message goes out at all."

Diplomancy.

The man sits and stares at the table top for a good 30 seconds before responding.

"If you attack them, you may not disable their communications in time...but we could still play the part of the victim, should it be necessary. If they manage to communicate we should see some sign of it within the next few days. If you destroy their communications before they can relay their situation, we will have enough time to prepare. And we will join you. Is it a deal?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2014, 03:20:31 pm »

Lars looked at the man squarely.  "It is a deal.  Should we fail, we will do what is necessary to act as a spurned lover, as if we are bitter that you rejected us.  We will harm neither you nor the citizens, of course; only acting as if to attack the UWM and be on our way.  Whatever we must do to act rejected, we will; starting by leaving this area.  Any information on the UWM post you can give us- location, staffing, building layout, capabilities- will help us greatly."

Agree.  Seek intel.  Prepare to leave in a hurry.

"Team, get ready to leave.  We're leaving quickly."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 11, 2014, 03:54:24 pm »

'It's a goddamn christmas miracle.' Miya muttered to himself.

"Ok gents, you heard the man. Get up and prepare to go.

Lars, great job on the talking parts, I wasn't mistaken in choosing you."

Get ready to leave. Ask Steve:

"Is there any way you could take care of them from where you are? A full orbital strike would have too much collateral, but what about the Sword's laser batteries? And do you have any intell about the target place and staff that our new friends here don't? Finally, do you think we should handle it, or shall we retreat and send a covert op to do it?"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:58:32 pm by Radio Controlled »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 11, 2014, 09:48:20 pm »

Stand up and have laser rifle ready but in a non-threatening stance. Prepare.
"zzz"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 11, 2014, 10:14:36 pm »

"Good work, Lars.  We bunkering down somewhere or assaulting, Miya?  Oh, and uh, what's the protocol on doggie bags on this planet...?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 11, 2014, 11:30:36 pm »

I remain where I am but watch Miya closely. If people seem to actually be leaving, THEN get up and follow.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 12, 2014, 03:24:52 am »

"Good work, Lars.  We bunkering down somewhere or assaulting, Miya?  Oh, and uh, what's the protocol on doggie bags on this planet...?"

"What we do next exactly gonna depend on where their base is and how the other cards are dealt.  But chances are high it'll be time for us to start breaking things. Problem is we have to break it before they use it."

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45