Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76361 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2014, 12:08:33 am »

Stand next to Lyra, gently help her with keeping balance if she appears to be struggling. Smile, don't look them in the eye. Stare vacantly.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2014, 08:27:18 am »

Hold simple laser rifle. Try to look impressive.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2014, 08:35:54 am »

noticing Jim and Maurice on either side of me, I quietly purr for a second or two.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2014, 08:38:14 am »

Stand at attention. Not looking at faces.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2014, 10:15:49 am »

Stand behind Lars.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2014, 11:30:08 am »

Flint opened a private channel to the rest of the team and made sure his speakers were off.
"So, how do we do this. Hang back while you leader guys exchange greetings? Go for a parade formation?"

On private comms back to team:

"We wait for a second to let them come to us. We're their guests, after all, might be best to let them make the first move.

Lars, if they talk to us, you have the word for now. Rest of you, stand in line behind him. Flint, you and me on the flanks."

PW, you mentioned giving more details about the meeting would be given on our way down. Should we still expect that, or are we just gonna wing it?

Stand on flank opposite of Flint and Gilgamesh, stand at attention with naginata held in front of me. Avoid looking anyone in the eye with any of my 6 eyes.

Alright, quick overview:
1.You're not gonna talk to the king right away, if ever. You're probably gonna talk to his advisers, most likely military, econ and maybe technology.
2.The best plan of action is to set out the facts of the case (at least the facts we're willing to tell) and then attempt to persuade them that we are a viable partner.
3.Do not, DO NOT attempt to employ flattery. Not only does this society look down upon hollow complements but these guys will see you as potentially untrustworthy if you try to butter them up.
4.Instead, try to dazzle them with the tech on display and convince them of the benefits of a partnership.
5. Other then that, keep your cool, play it by ear and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to call steve.

"You got it boss."

Flint got Gilgamesh into position in the flank of the line, a step behind the other men to ensure he wasn't overshadowing them. He got the Rainbow Cannon into Indigo Hydra mode, letting the heads of the transformed weapon track the changes in front of him as he stood at attention and scanned his surroundings.
I bet having a weapon that constantly stares everything moving around it should make me look more vigilant. If the enemy thinks we're ready for everything, they'll be more reluctant to try anything.

Oh, first of all, scan the surrounding area and the people we're meeting with using Gilgamesh's cameyes, just in case. Anything interesting about them? You can never be certain about when there might be assassins lurking around.

Then stand on the flanks as ordered, wielding the Rainbow Cannon at Indigo Hydra mode. Make sure the weapon transformation is visible. Generally look like an awesome bodyguard, just like I rehearsed it in the shuttle.
You stand up next to Miya and transform your weapon into hydra mode. The scanning heads each lock on to one of the guards and the man between them. The man doesn't move, but the guards all visibly tense up and slip their rifles off their shoulders. They don't fire, or point them at you, but they are clearly very ready to do both, if needed. Hmm.

Everyone forms a orderly horizontal line with Miya near its center and does their best to appear both military and impressive. It's significantly harder for some of them then others.

The older man, after a few long seconds of just staring warily at the entire display, advances towards Miya and stops a dozen feet in front of him. The man looks up at the avatar, squinting in the sunlight.

"Avatars of War are rarely seen this far out, away from the core worlds and the men that govern them." The old man says, "We manufacture some of the pieces for them here, but I have never seen one in person. Tell me, is its spinal column one of ours?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2014, 02:28:20 pm »

Stand on flank
Everyone forms a orderly horizontal line with Miya near its center
Hmm. Can we say it's Lars standing next to me, to give Toaster a chance to do some talking? If that's ok.

Alright, quick overview:
1.You're not gonna talk to the king right away, if ever. You're probably gonna talk to his advisers, most likely military, econ and maybe technology.
2.The best plan of action is to set out the facts of the case (at least the facts we're willing to tell) and then attempt to persuade them that we are a viable partner.
3.Do not, DO NOT attempt to employ flattery. Not only does this society look down upon hollow complements but these guys will see you as potentially untrustworthy if you try to butter them up.
4.Instead, try to dazzle them with the tech on display and convince them of the benefits of a partnership.
5. Other then that, keep your cool, play it by ear and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to call steve.

Quietly relay info to other members of team. Be sure they also know the other things about the planet and culture.

Over private comms:
"Flint, might want to not point weapons directly at them. Gotta at least try to make them feel at ease, y'know? As far as looking menacing though, you do play the part."

The older man, after a few long seconds of just staring warily at the entire display, advances towards Miya and stops a dozen feet in front of him. The man looks up at the avatar, squinting in the sunlight.

"Avatars of War are rarely seen this far out, away from the core worlds and the men that govern them." The old man says, "We manufacture some of the pieces for them here, but I have never seen one in person. Tell me, is its spinal column one of ours?"

Ask Steve on direct line whether the spinal column is indeed from here.

If yes:
"Indeed it is."
If not, then: "No, it isn't."
If no answer, then: "I'm not sure. Could be."

After that, give Lars an opening to begin speaking himself, should he wish to.

((Toaster, if you don't wanna do the talking, no problem, I can do it, but if you do want to, now's the time it seems.))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:29:56 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2014, 02:42:51 pm »

Private comms: "I disagree. It's your job to make them feel at ease. It's my job to make sure they feel that if they try to pull anything, I'll be there to fill 'em full of hot plasma. Besides, don't worry, I've got a plan. I've seen this happen in movies like a million times. The bodyguard just waits until the hero or his boss says something that indicates we're all friends here, that there's no immediate thread and then he puts the gun away. Although he makes sure it's still visible. So just get to the small-talk and I'll transform it into something less intimidating."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2014, 02:49:24 pm »

Private comms: "I disagree. It's your job to make them feel at ease. It's my job to make sure they feel that if they try to pull anything, I'll be there to fill 'em full of hot plasma. Besides, don't worry, I've got a plan. I've seen this happen in movies like a million times. The bodyguard just waits until the hero or his boss says something that indicates we're all friends here, that there's no immediate thread and then he puts the gun away. Although he makes sure it's still visible. So just get to the small-talk and I'll transform it into something less intimidating."

"I'd point out it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to set this up only to try something, but whatever. I'll try to let Lars do the talking, at least in the beginning. Might be best not to show our entire hand right of the bat. And he's head of propaganda after all, can't let myself hoard all the 'fun'."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2014, 02:53:23 pm »

Continue looking militaristic
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2014, 10:04:28 pm »

((Sure, but give me a bit to think of something suitable.  Since he went for you first, I was waiting for you.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2014, 02:47:51 am »

((@RC: You could say something more, to make the transition to Lars easier. Something like "Yes, it is and I am glad to report I have encountered no problems with it".

@Toaster: You can start with the basics. We are the ARM. My name is Lars/My rank is <rank>. This is my band of idiots/a demonstration of what we can give you. Where could we talk more? I have come from the gods of heaven. Take me to your leader. Something like that. But not too much.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2014, 06:51:06 am »

Not much else to do but wait. Except...
Charge Charisma. Wait patiently and silently.
Over the inner comms: Commander, do they understand that we are the late HMR Corps? Could that be alluded to in our talking?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2014, 08:12:10 am »

Stand around, be ready to assist Lyra if she looks like she needs help to remain standing on two legs.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2014, 10:07:56 am »

Lars bows his head deeply, and spoke as Miyamoto finished.  "We bring you greetings from the Allied Revolutionary Movement.  My name is Brother Lars, and I serve as a diplomat and soldier.  I come as an emissary of peace and friendship, and hope that we can establish some sort of equitable partnership that is beneficial to all."

Speak, and give him time for a response.

((The idea is to just break the ice here, and state that we want a partnership here so that everyone can benefit. This is their welcome wagon, so he may not be the person that needs to hear the whole spiel.  I'll let him drive a bit for the moment before we break down into the nitty gritty.

Also, what all new tech did we bring?  Lars has the big new laser, pretty sure Flint has one of the little ones, but what about the Testament?))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:09:50 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45