Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76284 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 06:16:58 am »

"ARM.  You are obviously the leader here, General.  And I thank you for that."  Lars bowed.  "Also, I thank you for the opportunity to be the first to use this new blessing from Ingram.  May I inscribe the Symbol of Ingram on it, as befits such a noble device?"

"I'm not sure. I'd think just telling them we have a conclave of well-meaning minds that collaborate for this movement might put their worries to rest, but to be sure I'll ask Steve about it.

And sure, but no permanent marker or anything.

At any rate, have you thought about what you'll be telling them yet? What direction you'd like to steer the discussion? For example, if they want a display of force or proof, what will you tell them? Will you point toward Lyra and her altered form? Renen and his new body? Would you offer them Maurice's new substance?"

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:19:22 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 08:17:45 am »

Lars pondered the questions for a moment.  "I am not familiar with Brother Maurice's work.  The Most Holy Steve says they are working with biotech, correct?  Sister Lyra is a visible example of what we can do, while Brother Renen's abilities are an example of the extent of what we are capable of."

Lars went quiet again for a bit.  "Well, we need to convince them to help us while explaining why they would be better off working with us.  What do we have to offer them?  To what extend would ARM allow them to perform their research?  We cannot offer them something that we won't deliver.  If they would be free to do as they please, that may be the chip they are looking for.  Certainly the best angle is that we can offer is the loosening of restrictions, so that's the direction we shall drive.  We wish to work in peace, so a brute show of force is not the best method; merely to show what we have achieved.  Most Holy Steve said we may be attacking a UWM facility; that is when force will come into play."

"I... am not technically minded, so I would need someone who can explain the wonders we've created.  Do you have someone in mind for that?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2014, 08:46:23 am »

Lars pondered the questions for a moment.  "I am not familiar with Brother Maurice's work.  The Most Holy Steve says they are working with biotech, correct?  Sister Lyra is a visible example of what we can do, while Brother Renen's abilities are an example of the extent of what we are capable of."

Lars went quiet again for a bit.  "Well, we need to convince them to help us while explaining why they would be better off working with us.  What do we have to offer them?  To what extend would ARM allow them to perform their research?  We cannot offer them something that we won't deliver.  If they would be free to do as they please, that may be the chip they are looking for.  Certainly the best angle is that we can offer is the loosening of restrictions, so that's the direction we shall drive.  We wish to work in peace, so a brute show of force is not the best method; merely to show what we have achieved.  Most Holy Steve said we may be attacking a UWM facility; that is when force will come into play."

"I... am not technically minded, so I would need someone who can explain the wonders we've created.  Do you have someone in mind for that?"

"Maurice has made a substance he claims is both novel and useful for wound healing, so it might work as a present of sorts.

I will admit I also am not sure about the full extent of our bargaining chips, which is why I'll be questioning Steve about it next.

When it comes to explaining technical things... I could probably do it, but I have a feeling Maurice would enjoy it more, and might even be better suited to it. Would you, Maurice? Or would you prefer to stay out of the negotiations?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2014, 09:49:52 am »

Well, I certainly would be happy to be of help with the negotiations, if only with such a trivial task as explaining technicalities.
There is but one thing, Commander: if you wish to follow my humble suggestion of gifting the substance, it might be better taking some along. I only have a single can of it, the prototype amount I was able to synthesise on behalf of Steve's generosity. Creating more would take tokens, approximately five for a can, and I simply didn't have that much on my hands. Plus I still hoped to test its usefulness in field, hopefully making a justified case for mass-production before Simus.
Still, my abilities and equipment are all at your disposal, Commander. Use them as you see fit.

Maurice replied with a slightly solemn smile on his face, and bowed slightly at the end.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2014, 01:26:20 pm »

Flint entered the hangar and waved at Miyamoto before making his way towards the shuttle.

He approached the shuttle door and stuck his "head" through it, changing his voice to make it sound more deep and intimidating as he stared at everyone in it with Gilgamesh's black unblinking CamEyes.
"Hello. I am Gilgamesh the mobility battlesuit and I will be the big weight attached to your shuttle for this flight."
He remained silent for a few seconds to see if his little joke managed to scare or at least surprise the two new guys before continuing to speak with his normal cheery voice, completely forgetting about the battlesuit's new paintjob.
"And I am Flint Westwood and I am piloting Gilgamesh. You may know me from such films as 'Lowlander' and 'The Altered always gib twice'. Nice to meet you! I'd offer you my hand, but as you can probably guess, that wouldn't be so good for the health of the shuttle, ha ha!"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:29:13 pm by Parisbre56 »

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2014, 01:48:17 pm »

"HH... h.. hello Mr. Gilgamesh and Mr. Westwood. M... My name is Bartolomew Markov."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2014, 02:01:26 pm »

"Heeey Bart, good to meet you! Mind if I call you Bart? No? OK, I'll just call you Bart. You know, I had a good friend named Bart. But he's dead now. Natural causes, they said."

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2014, 02:05:42 pm »

"W..well... You can call me that."

His eyes unfocused for a moment.
"What is more natural than death? All death is natural..."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2014, 02:52:39 pm »

"Yeah, that's what I told them too. 'As long as you consider alcohol natural!' Ha ha ha! I like you, you're funny! I bet we'll get along just fine."

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2014, 07:33:29 pm »

Are we still waiting on more people? Just wondering.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2014, 07:40:39 pm »

"Possibly." Jim leaned forward, placing his lower elbows on his knees, the hands propping up his upper elbows as he rested his chin on his upper left hand. "So, Miyamoto, what have you been up to recently? How's the command going?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2014, 04:05:26 am »

Well, I certainly would be happy to be of help with the negotiations, if only with such a trivial task as explaining technicalities.
There is but one thing, Commander: if you wish to follow my humble suggestion of gifting the substance, it might be better taking some along. I only have a single can of it, the prototype amount I was able to synthesise on behalf of Steve's generosity. Creating more would take tokens, approximately five for a can, and I simply didn't have that much on my hands. Plus I still hoped to test its usefulness in field, hopefully making a justified case for mass-production before Simus.
Still, my abilities and equipment are all at your disposal, Commander. Use them as you see fit.
Maurice replied with a slightly solemn smile on his face, and bowed slightly at the end.

Well, if we use it as a gift and our potential new friends deem it interesting, that might serve as a good argument for Simus to mass-produce it, no? And perhaps Steve will reimburse you after the mission, if it turned out to help with the negotiations.

"Possibly." Jim leaned forward, placing his lower elbows on his knees, the hands propping up his upper elbows as he rested his chin on his upper left hand. "So, Miyamoto, what have you been up to recently? How's the command going?"

"Me? Hmm, let's see. There's the organising and commanding of a strike team to rescue some lemmings on Kano, the delegating of those training videos to people, helping Hep with construction and designing, and some other things.

So yeah, over all, been pretty busy. How about you?"

((M17, we leave tomorrow. Last turn to do something, after that it's go time.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2014, 04:12:30 am »

"Amp training in VR, figuring out what is and isn't possible with a mass manipulation amp. I've got a pretty good handle on it now, but I just need to figure out how to get more staying power out of my brain. I still get fatigued too easily, and we can't have that when shit hits the fan. I'm considering trying to take more advantage of my physical capabilities and just saving the amps for when they're really necessary."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2014, 04:44:46 am »

Get attached to the shuttle and prepare to look be awesome!

EDIT: Do NOT give my medical data to anyone. Fight to protect my privacy!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:10:17 am by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2014, 04:47:30 am »

I am reassured with your words, Commander.

Aand... here I come.
Maurice smiled to everybody in the shuttle as he entered.
Sorry for taking so long, figured I should spend the time before departure with maximum efficiency.
Speaking of which, would you not mind please sharing your suit medical systems data with me? With this little piece of software diagnosing injuries will be much easier and medical treatment would come a lot smoother.
If I may suggest, Mesk, this software might be of use to you as well.

Receive medical input from teammates' suits. Share the program with Mesk if he feels like so. Give him my own medi-system data feed in that case as well.

I am not sure, Jim, but have you tried temporarily lowering your higher functions of brain? Doing it the easy way is out, given your body, but perhaps it could be achieved with tiny controlled doses of handpicked drugs, injected with the nutrient slurry you subsist upon.
The Armory Master suggested this method of temporarily dumbing one's brain as a means of combating this special kind of fatigue.

Edit: After receiving Mesk's suit medi-system data-feed, proceed to test if the system actually works as intended. By applying controlled doses of violence and checking the feed for showing the damage (before it is repaired by the bots, of course). Make absolutely sure to do no damage to the equipment or Mesk's brain.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 03:14:04 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45