Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76246 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 07:34:17 pm »

"Lyra. I think this will be the first mission we've been on together, not counting the takeover of Hephaestus."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 07:50:23 pm »

I look over at Jim, then nod twice, then tilt my head to one side while maintaining eye contact.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 07:59:46 pm »

"Uh... am I in the right place?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 08:11:49 pm »

"Good to see you again, Mesk. Spine still working? Anyway, yeah, if you're going on the 'diplomacy' mission then you're in the right shuttle."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 08:41:30 pm »

Lars bowed deeply.  "General Miyamoto, I have already been exhorted by the Most Holy Steve to leave religion and mention of His Glorious Name out of negotiations.  I would be deeply honored by such a task.  If I am asked, who shall be presented as our leader?  The personality I created for the prophet... propaganda... materials?"

"You mean who leads ARM, or this mission's leader?

Oh, and if you ever feel like you're getting stuck or feel like you're loosing your cool or anything, just saying something like "I think my teammate might be better able to answer that." or something, and I'll take over for you."

"ARM.  You are obviously the leader here, General.  And I thank you for that."  Lars bowed.  "Also, I thank you for the opportunity to be the first to use this new blessing from Ingram.  May I inscribe the Symbol of Ingram on it, as befits such a noble device?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 10:08:43 pm »

"mrow?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 10:14:11 pm »

"Hello, Sister Lyra.  May the light of Steve guide your journey."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 10:49:43 pm »

I stare at Lars

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 11:43:53 pm »

"Good to see you again, Mesk. Spine still working? Anyway, yeah, if you're going on the 'diplomacy' mission then you're in the right shuttle."
"Yeah, the spine's all good and ready for you to snap.  I guess this is the right mission, then.  Who's all here?  I don't think I know all of you?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2014, 11:49:38 pm »

"Good to hear. I might have to break it to prove a point when we get down there - that is, that we can do whatever we like to you and you'll just bounce back 'cause we have good technology worth trading for. At the very least it'll demonstrate... something, I'm sure."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2014, 11:51:55 pm »

"It wouldn't be the first time, General."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2014, 11:53:34 pm »

"Yep, yep, of course.  At the very least if negotiations start to break down you've got a handy intimidation thing ready to go.  I can do a very convincing scream of agony."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2014, 11:56:49 pm »

Despite himself, Jim laughed and shook his head. "I don't know. It's a little funny that this is just how we are. 'Snap Mesk's spine, sure, it's no big deal, we do this all the time'. I'm sure Bartholomew here has no clue." Jim pointed out the new recruit with a thumb.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 01:20:53 am »

"Hey, new guy.  I regenerate, it's no big thing.  What do you do?"

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2014, 01:43:14 am »