Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76362 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #540 on: January 20, 2015, 05:10:14 pm »

((Woops, mistyped building number. Sorry toaster/icefire))

"Lars, A-9 is up next, then A-10.

Mesk, don't touch those suits until we know what's in them, or we might be 'making enemies' here.
Maybe you should interrogate one of these people here, see what's inside the suit. Don't kill them though, if you'd please. Worst comes to worst, I heatslice whatever is in there and we take them back to the sword for retrofitting.

Maurice, I saved the hospital for you. There better be some worthwhile stuff in there, or I'm having a headache for nothing.

Ask Steve what would happen if I heatslice the inside of the battlesuit cockpit. Would it kill the 'pilot' reliably, and would the suit be usable afterwards? And if we bring it back to the sword, would our technicians be able to retrofit it and make it a normal battlesuit again?

Finally, ask him if he has been able to identify any building that looks like it would hold something of value/importance, but that we haven't checked yet.

Lyra action: contemplate how lucky we are to live in a time where catpeople are a thing.

I dunno. It's a blind shot so it's harder. if it's been automated it would have to be modified (or rather, unmodified) to be usable, but yeah, it could be used again after that.

And he really can't identify anything as being anymore important then anything else. No big heat signatures or obvious signs of interesting stuff.

"Right... sounds good.  Um, sir."
Grab the nearest two living people (not us) and start beating the shit out of one of them.
You walk over to the nearest person and just start wailing on them; beating the ever living shit out of them without saying a word or asking a question. It's hard to do when they're encased in goo, but by god you do your best.

Well, at the very least surviving patients and staff should be. Maurice smiled to himself. Regardless, I am grateful for that, General.
Also, I might have found and field-tested a way to reduce headaches from field manipulator use, if not outright reinvigorate the mind. It could be described as this: short-term dumbing of the user. The first test was a bit ugly, but I am certain that Mesk or I could carefully calculate the dosage so as to keep the side effects to minimum. I am fairly sure that, uh, 'suit' of yours has the required medical system and chemicals on hand, so no need for promitive means of alcohol, smoking or whatever else.

((Mesk has +2, Maurice has +1, and both of us might be exempt from rolls due to them being trivial. Plus, if we do fail, we'll get to watch drunken Avatar of War rampage. What could possibly go wrong? :P ))
Enter the building in a civil manner. If we landed on roof, there must've been some entrance there for us to choose this approach, no?
Look out for traps, ambushes and signs of foul intentions.

Team Panda, enemy contact yet? Anything out of order?
There's a sky light. You wanna civilly throw yourself through it? Or politely lower yourself in? I just had you land on the roof because I figured having you land there is better then dropping you in front of the building and straight into the line of fire.

Assuming there's people in there with guns, of course.

(It's actually the base preschool)

(quick, blow it up.)

Quickly stuff all unconscious people into a closet. Memorize the location and lock it shut. Continue moving with Lars, assist him in killing but let him lead the butchery.
Too bad there aren't phone booths around here. Could have gone for the world record of people crammed in one!

Does that record require them to be alive?

hm.

Ugh, not again. I hate those things. Unnatural beasts.I'll show 'em.

((Let's go for a classic boss fight move instead of the logical thing...))

"You have the right to remain silent. Let me help you exercise it!"
Punch the ground with my kinetic-amp fists, so that the shrapnel and shockwave will hit the sods and push them back or off me. Then immediately fly off the ground, doing a small spin to help shake them off.

If nobody is on me test high power medium dispersion visible light Raduga on the sods. Else shoot myself with the Raduga in high dispersion with the intent of hitting the ones still on me. If cleaning them up via shooting self is not possible, activate ESDF instead.

If they manage to open my escape hatch, jam my Spektr in it and test it very thoroughly on their face. Or use my monorazor if I can't hit them with the Spektr.

"Just pest control. Cleaning out some very clingy sods while rescuing civilians."
I'm just gonna stop you there because my wording was misinterpreted. These guys aren't sods. They're normal soldiers and civies. They're just using a tactic the sods used.

Some one had to train the sods, after all.

So, if you still want to go grenade fist on them, thats cool, I just don't want you to get any more blood on your hands without meaning to.

"Yes, my general!  Forward in the name of Steve!"

Go clear A-10.  Try not to shoot non-hostiles this time (but deliver swift laser-based justice on those who oppose.)

A-10 looks like this:

it contains some of the electrical infrastructure for the base and jack shit else.

Moving on.

Follow Maurice. Be ready to fire.
You stick with Maurice, who ponders the most gentlemanly way to do a flying elbow drop through a skylight.

Probably involves a top hat.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 20, 2015, 06:45:25 pm »

Now, we could enter this nice building in a civilised manner... or I could drop one of these Simus's Chef Special ClF3 toys and then we'd watch the building burn with everyone inside... Hahahaha, kidding of course. Now let's get out of character and be polite. But armed, of course. Kind word and a gun, as the ancient proverb goes.
Look through the skylight. Unless there are armed people inside, waiting for us to storm the building, politely knock on the glass, then civilly drop myself inside. Keep the Twitchblade (that alien star-blade) in hand while I do so. If someone is about to shoot me as I enter, throw it in their direction.
Be civil. Make sure not to harm civilians (unless they are armed and inclined to kill me).
Recall the local words for 'We mean no harm!' using the dictionaries I had on me and that time I spent on the shuttle. Say those exact words as I enter. Even while throwing my weapon, if needed.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 20, 2015, 08:29:21 pm »

Lars frowned at the uninteresting little building that was totally no fun to purify.  "General, I have here an electrical station for the base.  May I smash it?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #543 on: January 21, 2015, 10:49:52 am »

((Ah, I see. I just didn't expect humans to be as suicidally indifferent about their lives as sods.
I guess if visibility was bad I could confuse them for sods IC, but since I can tell they're humans, I'll act like they're humans.))

"Surrender you idiots! Don't you have anything to live for?"
Initiate rockets, not enough to start flying, just enough to start floating a couple of metres above the ground. My aim is to fill the area with noxious superheated gasses in order to persuade them to stay away, like an improvised riot control gas (I'm assuming they're not wearing gas masks).

If I can activate the ESDF in non-lethal mode, do so for good measure. Regardless, start throwing non-lethal microwaves at them, including the ones on me. Not the oven kind, the radiation kind. From my Raduga.

If anyone manages to open my hatch, then either pull them away, throw high power medium dispersion microwaves at their face using the Spektr or monorazor them, whatever seems more appropriate.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 21, 2015, 10:50:58 am »

Lars frowned at the uninteresting little building that was totally no fun to purify.  "General, I have here an electrical station for the base.  May I smash it?"

"For now, I'd leave it. No immediate gain in destroying it, and we might damage something worth taking by cutting off power abruptly. Unless you suddenly see a bunch of turrets popping out of the ground or something.

Oh, and Mesk, might want to ask an actual question once in a while, unless you're just practicing your medicine on them. If so, go find a wall to do that before you continue, these schmucks aren't a threat anymore.

Drop of catwoman so she can get to the roof.
Is there any other building where I would fit into without wrecking it? If yes, go there and check it out. If not, think about whether I could use my manip to drag out every person in a small building by sucking out the air quickly. And if not, would this work to knock out peiple in a building via oxygen deprivation?

If you have the time, could you perhaps update our map with the stuff that's secured?

Lyra action: get off of murderbot, go to roof of garage and keep an eye out.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:54:10 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 21, 2015, 11:12:17 am »

Lars looked a little disappointed.  "Yes, General."

A-9, then.  Go clear it.  Murder anything hostile, don't murder anything civilian.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 21, 2015, 11:20:36 am »

Lars looked a little disappointed.  "Yes, General."

A-9, then.  Go clear it.  Murder anything hostile, don't murder anything civilian.

"Don't be so down, once we are finished with everything in the base you can destroy it. Hell, once Maurice is finished with getting stuff and people out of the hospital, you can finish burning that as well. Just... Make sure you wait for my go signal to do either, I still have a headache of putting out your last premature fire.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:57:24 am by Radio Controlled »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 21, 2015, 11:53:52 am »

"Yes, sir.  The flames bring glory to the gods!"

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 21, 2015, 01:13:35 pm »

Stay on roof. Be ready for supressive fire down the skylight

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 21, 2015, 04:11:14 pm »

Well, at the very least surviving patients and staff should be. Maurice smiled to himself. Regardless, I am grateful for that, General.
Also, I might have found and field-tested a way to reduce headaches from field manipulator use, if not outright reinvigorate the mind. It could be described as this: short-term dumbing of the user. The first test was a bit ugly, but I am certain that Mesk or I could carefully calculate the dosage so as to keep the side effects to minimum. I am fairly sure that, uh, 'suit' of yours has the required medical system and chemicals on hand, so no need for promitive means of alcohol, smoking or whatever else.

((Mesk has +2, Maurice has +1, and both of us might be exempt from rolls due to them being trivial. Plus, if we do fail, we'll get to watch drunken Avatar of War rampage. What could possibly go wrong? :P ))
Enter the building in a civil manner. If we landed on roof, there must've been some entrance there for us to choose this approach, no?
Look out for traps, ambushes and signs of foul intentions.

"Thanks for the concern and such. The base idea is interesting, but a bit risky and unnessesary right now, we don't know how it will mesh with the avatar itself. Though we might be able to find a more reliable way to do it without the side effects, that'd be mighty convenient indeed. It needs further research it seems. Perhaps something for you to look into when we get back?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 21, 2015, 04:26:15 pm »

I would be honored, General.

Anyway, there is some more field testing left, so I might as well obtain the required data now. In no way compromising the mission goals, of course.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 21, 2015, 08:53:00 pm »

Find someone to interrogate.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 23, 2015, 07:22:59 pm »

Assist Lars is destruction/burning/death/molestery.

Wait what
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 23, 2015, 08:51:11 pm »

((Only three out of four.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 23, 2015, 08:58:55 pm »

((Only three out of four.))
((Yeah, he doesn't have time to completely destroy the buildings.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45