Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77944 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2015, 08:01:02 am »

Assuming direct control... of the guard downstairs. Attempt to make him drop any weapons he has and then stare at a wall.

Once he's 'disarmed', start trying to make sense of his brain. See if the God Machine can tell me anything about it's contents.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:04:30 am by Kriellya »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2015, 11:33:42 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank lobby

"Skylar, take care of the guard on downstairs. Thaddeus and Michael, let's handle the ones on upstairs."

Climb stairs up. Look again where the not-us people are. Archive, storage, conference room? I feel confident enough to drink my christmas potion #30.
If I'm still in good shape to kill things, move together with Thaddeus to kill.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
30 eh? Someone needs to brush up on their Latin.
http://www.wordsense.eu/defleo/

You drink your potion. May god have mercy on your soul, because this one is permanent.

You don't feel terribly different...a bit sore maybe, but otherwise alright...

"Alright, time to shoot some guards."

Head upstairs with Michael and Ulrich to hunt down the two guards up there. Use the cam-eyes to track them and and take them out separately with a combination of the microwave amp and handgun and with helping the other two.
Michael goes after one of the guards not already being covered by the team
The team moves  upstairs as quickly and quietly as they can, watching the heat signatures as they do. Unfortunately it seems like the guards have gotten fed up with dead air on the radio and are moving toward the stairs. By the time the team makes it to the top landing, the two heat signatures are already in the hall leading to the stairs, maybe 30 feet away. Mike, who reaches the upper landing first, overcompensates, slightly. He kicks the door to the stairs open with appropriate gusto and opens fire. The gun is loud, but Mike is louder, and he spends the several seconds it takes for him to empty his magazine into both guards, the walls, and the floor screaming threats, obscenities and general macho nonsense. When it's over the room is silent, the guards are very much dead, along with one of the servers and several filing cabinets behind the thin walls around them, and Mike seems very pleased with himself.

Bring the van around at some point.
You bring the van around and park it in the alley, lining it up so the back doors are near the repository door.

I feel confident enough to risk screwing the mission.
((Remember, no experimental space magic during the mission. At least wait until we're back at the ship.))

Milno doesn't like cigarettes, but at the very least they're an excuse to stay there watching the mission unfold. During his jail time he had also seen people do similar things in movies.

Keep watching.

Note: In case TCM doesn't post, have D'usse bring the van around so their momentary absence doesn't harm the team.

The windows of the upper story of the bank suddenly begin flashing with the characteristic flashbulb light of a gun going off. The security lights are still on, so the flashes aren't as obvious as they would be if the inside of the bank was pitch black, but you can still see them. You can also hear, muffled and indistinct, a long screaming rant and the dull POP POP POP of the gun.

You grimace and push smoke out between gritted teeth. You look around. A few lights in neighboring buildings have flicked on in the time since the shooting ended, and you can see silhouettes peering out at the street and looking around.

Assuming direct control... of the guard downstairs. Attempt to make him drop any weapons he has and then stare at a wall.

Once he's 'disarmed', start trying to make sense of his brain. See if the God Machine can tell me anything about it's contents.

You do....something. You're not sure what, honestly. He's definitely disarmed...you think. Well He's definitely not showing up as a living human being on the scan. But there's a new signature down there now...a bigger one. You look at the data and for some reason all that comes to mind is a wriggling mass of earthworms. You're not sure why.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2015, 11:53:44 pm »

"I...uh...damn Michael. You uh, looks like you did that, I don't know about efficiently,  but you definitely got it done. Remind me to never piss you off, ever. At all."

Well, alrighty then. That's that for them. Search their bodies for anything useful, keycards, passwords, silencers, that sort of thing.

After that, scan with the cam-eyes to see what the last guard is doing. Report that to Skylar. Have a look at Ulrich to see if he looks any different.

Then open the repository doors so that D'usse can open up the van doors and we can start unloading the cutting laser and rig.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:56:12 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 18, 2015, 12:19:06 am »

(and keep in mind he's only got a 1/3 bonus to con. His big bonus is to uncon, and he has a sack of bombs with him >:D)

Reload the pistol then assist in unloading the van, unless there's a threat to go Rambo on. Then go Rambo on it.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 18, 2015, 01:29:09 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank upstairs -> Vault level

"That was unnecessarily loud. Have you ever heard about an ambush?
Hey Skylar and Milno. I made earlier an offer to buy info about these doors in darknet. Could you check if my offer has caught any sellers?"

Touch corpses. Avoid touching living things.

Head to downstairs where the last quard is supposed to be. If he's alive and capable of fighting, kill him. If he's alive but incapacitated, touch his exposed skin first and then kill him. If he doesn't look like normal human being then describe to Skylar what I'm seeing in very great detail.

If Skylar/Milno finds my offer in darknet to purchase master codes has resulted anything, then make use of those.
Otherwise take a look at the first door. Try to find/remember where maintainance panel is hidden and tear it open so I can connect my laptop on it. Then Skylar can hack the door open through it.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:00:49 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 19, 2015, 05:10:58 am »

I'll check on that. Be advised, I did... something to the guard downstairs. He's not reading as human anymore. Probably nothing bad for you. Hopefully. Bring a flamethrower and a trashcan.

Check on the offer, then try and figure out what happened to the guard downstairs.

Check landline taps and wireless signals in the area for calls to the local emergency services

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 19, 2015, 10:21:32 am »

"Be proud you just woke up part of the neighborhood. You don't have much more time since people are bound to start making calls. Skylar, in case they're making calls to the police can you bring down the whole system so it doesn't look like something too focused? And what the hell did you do to a guard?"

Keep watching.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 19, 2015, 12:00:19 pm »

"I still have a program to disturb all wireless devices within range. Should I use it?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 19, 2015, 01:28:36 pm »

Milno - Literal Troubleshooter - Balcony

"I think Sky is checking on that. He's mission control for this heist, so it's his call when to deploy that kind of thing."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #429 on: February 19, 2015, 03:19:39 pm »

"I...uh...damn Michael. You uh, looks like you did that, I don't know about efficiently,  but you definitely got it done. Remind me to never piss you off, ever. At all."

Well, alrighty then. That's that for them. Search their bodies for anything useful, keycards, passwords, silencers, that sort of thing.

After that, scan with the cam-eyes to see what the last guard is doing. Report that to Skylar. Have a look at Ulrich to see if he looks any different.

Then open the repository doors so that D'usse can open up the van doors and we can start unloading the cutting laser and rig.

Key cards and pistols there are, but no silencers.

The last guard is....melting. Thats all you can imagine with data you're getting from below. Best not to think about that for the moment. You let Skylar know he's fucked shit up, and then look at Ulrich. He looks the same as far as you can tell. Little flushed and sweaty, but thats normal enough.

You head downstairs and open the repository doors again, along with the back doors of the van. You can't unload the cutting laser on your own, the rig requires at least two people.

(and keep in mind he's only got a 1/3 bonus to con. His big bonus is to uncon, and he has a sack of bombs with him >:D)

Reload the pistol then assist in unloading the van, unless there's a threat to go Rambo on. Then go Rambo on it.
You reload and then go help Thad get the laser rig out of the van. Together, you manage to get it down and roll it over to the downward stairs. The stairs, however, are steep and too thin for people to stand on either side of the rig and lower it down that way.

"That was unnecessarily loud. Have you ever heard about an ambush?
Hey Skylar and Milno. I made earlier an offer to buy info about these doors in darknet. Could you check if my offer has caught any sellers?"

Touch corpses. Avoid touching living things.

Head to downstairs where the last quard is supposed to be. If he's alive and capable of fighting, kill him. If he's alive but incapacitated, touch his exposed skin first and then kill him. If he doesn't look like normal human being then describe to Skylar what I'm seeing in very great detail.

If Skylar/Milno finds my offer in darknet to purchase master codes has resulted anything, then make use of those.
Otherwise take a look at the first door. Try to find/remember where maintainance panel is hidden and tear it open so I can connect my laptop on it. Then Skylar can hack the door open through it.

You touch the corpses. Your fingers feel a bit sore but beyond that...

As Per the guard he...Well, you come downstairs to find a writing mass of black tendrils. It resembles molten tar mixed with glowing streams of neon; all sort of unconciously wriggling like a sea anemone. It appears to have half fused with the wall, the door and the area where the lock should be.

Wonderful.

I'll check on that. Be advised, I did... something to the guard downstairs. He's not reading as human anymore. Probably nothing bad for you. Hopefully. Bring a flamethrower and a trashcan.

Check on the offer, then try and figure out what happened to the guard downstairs.

Check landline taps and wireless signals in the area for calls to the local emergency services

The offer has a few replies, but nothing solid.

As per emergency calls, there haven't been any yet. You quickly sever all the connections you can and throw up maintenance messages in their place.  A short term fix, but one that might buy time.

"Be proud you just woke up part of the neighborhood. You don't have much more time since people are bound to start making calls. Skylar, in case they're making calls to the police can you bring down the whole system so it doesn't look like something too focused? And what the hell did you do to a guard?"

Keep watching.

No one as walked out on the street yet, and many of the silhouettes have returned or faded into darkness as their lights go out. You breathe a tentative sigh of relief. 

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 19, 2015, 03:38:51 pm »

((I'm calling Xan shenanigans with the last guard.))

"Hey, Michael, you in front, me on the back and we just kinda walk it/carry it down there?"

Michael on the front of it, me on the back, kinda walk it/carry it down there
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:23:47 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 19, 2015, 03:46:13 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Vault level

"I... I'm now officially lost. What is this? We are on against a clock and this happens? I have no idea how to handle this."
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 19, 2015, 03:55:52 pm »

"Honestly? I say we just firebomb the bank now. Destroys most evidence and covers any tacks we leave. Sure it'll be messy, but nice distraction while we get out town."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 19, 2015, 03:58:21 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Vault level

"Okay... we can do that. But right now these... worms, how we handle them? And please don't tell me this is common event within ARM."
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 19, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »

"Heh. Heh heh. Bud, my first mission had me standing guard over some god-forsaken orifice of a flesh amp overload back on our forge world. This? Heh. This is nothing."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40