Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 77890 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2015, 06:05:22 am »

"I admit I'm not most knowledgeable in matters of radio signal decrypting but I'm fairly sure you are doing something unrelated. Please, do tell me. And for your information, it's messing with my laptop..."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2015, 06:20:28 am »

"..I'm pretty sure our computers are attempting to gain sentience and overthrow the planet, then install themselves as our machine overlords. I think you may gave overdone it a little...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2015, 10:27:19 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment --> City

"I'm going out to hack the ATMs at the bank and purchase some little things. Anything you guys want from shops?"

Going out! Take a laptop, connector cables, pair of gloves and some cash.
Purchase following things from some nearby stores: a backpack, kitchen knife, small minigrip bags and cutters or any tool that can be used to break locks from safety boxes. Two at least. Because there's no way we are going to carry all those boxes out. Then hang out in a cafe or somewhere until it is time for hacking.

Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2015, 02:11:35 pm »

(Back from my mom's. I would have posted from there actually, but the only computer I had access to was old enough to be basically steam-powered)

Michael wakes from his daze and sees what he can help with
It's fine, I was gone for like 2 weeks anyways.

We'll put you with Aoshi, he sees to know whats going on. I hope you enjoy your new career as a lackey.

Ick. Shower. Check if car and rifle ever arrived.
"Ulrich, you want me to scout out escape routes? And what's our destination, how are we leaving?"

You go take a hot shower and attempt to forget.

And yes, the rifle arrived.

(( Apologies for the disappearance. I got... distracted, and then I went on a vacation without internet around when I got undistracted. ))

Skylar's gaze flicks between the screens as he works, mumbling about building bridges across empty space and making doors out of solid walls, idly tuning various pieces of equipment and watching the response. Eventually, an egg timer deep in the mass of computers goes off.
Ah! Finally. Alright, let's see what we can do...

Explore the machine I've built. See what it can do. Remain oblivious to the effect it is having on other electronics until someone informs me of it :P

Avoid finding God, but mark his position in the machine clearly. For future reference.

You're not...entirely sure what it can do...in fact you're not even entirely sure how you made it, it's all kind of a blur. It can certainly track the signals you needed it to, but it seems to be able to do much more then that. In fact, you think this thing might have minor reality warping capacities.

You think that because you just attempted to delete a line of code from one of the cameras out on the bank and instead deleted the camera. Uh...

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment --> City

"I'm going out to hack the ATMs at the bank and purchase some little things. Anything you guys want from shops?"

Going out! Take a laptop, connector cables, pair of gloves and some cash.
Purchase following things from some nearby stores: a backpack, kitchen knife, small minigrip bags and cutters or any tool that can be used to break locks from safety boxes. Two at least. Because there's no way we are going to carry all those boxes out. Then hang out in a cafe or somewhere until it is time for hacking.

You grab your supplies from a few different places using cash at each place and then settle down in the corner cafe and wait.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2015, 02:22:41 pm »

You think that because you just attempted to delete a line of code from one of the cameras out on the bank and instead deleted the camera. Uh...

((Oh oh I know! Kri, try to move a line of code from vaults into our warehouse!))
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2015, 06:59:37 pm »

Huh... cool. Hey, can someone make sure they don't notice that? Or get us in as the repair team? OH, and get me another datapad? I need to take some more notes and I don't know where mine ran off to. Thanks!

Alright... Now, let's get a bit more focused...

Study the code for the building, especially the vault and safe deposit room. Avoid edits for now, just observe the flow and structure.
Particular interests: Vault doors, SD doors, and the contents of the boxes.

Consider undoing the deletion, but have someone confirm that security hasn't noticed that the camera is completely gone first.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2015, 07:31:05 pm »

((Holy shit, he created a code-based manipulator! Kinda reminds me of untrusted.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:34:15 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2015, 08:30:00 pm »

((Jesus,  I leave a bit for family stuff and some one builds a reality altering computer. Nice!))

Upon hearing Skylars voice Thaddeus wakes from his coma to go and see if the camera actually was deleted from the side of the building.

"Who? Wha? Uh, sure. I'll check for you. I might need to ask Steve about the side effects of stasis."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2015, 09:34:38 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Cafe

Complete free professional online programming courses on internet. Is it time yet?

Old sigs.
Games.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2015, 01:21:50 am »

Put out an order for that car. Muted, inconspicuous paintjob. Tinted windows. Bulletproof. Optimal handling. Two doors. Airbags. Cupholders.

Pull up electronic map of the city. Study the streets around the bank for preferred getaway routes.Besides major roads, is there anywhere large enough for the car to drive through? Alleyways, sidewalks, anything like that. 

"Has anyone thought about taking a hostage with us?"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 03:18:42 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2015, 02:53:21 am »

((TCM: we already have answers some of those questions: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_16#Information_gathered_so_far))
Old sigs.
Games.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 09, 2015, 03:18:09 pm »

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #282 on: January 09, 2015, 05:37:50 pm »

Huh... cool. Hey, can someone make sure they don't notice that? Or get us in as the repair team? OH, and get me another datapad? I need to take some more notes and I don't know where mine ran off to. Thanks!

Alright... Now, let's get a bit more focused...

Study the code for the building, especially the vault and safe deposit room. Avoid edits for now, just observe the flow and structure.
Particular interests: Vault doors, SD doors, and the contents of the boxes.

Consider undoing the deletion, but have someone confirm that security hasn't noticed that the camera is completely gone first.

There is no code for the building. The building isn't electronic, ya numpty. The Camera had some sort of wireless signal and internal circuitry.  You were attempting to alter part of the code by which the internal system detects movement and ended up deleting it and the camera. You can't alter the code of a brick.

((Jesus,  I leave a bit for family stuff and some one builds a reality altering computer. Nice!))

Upon hearing Skylars voice Thaddeus wakes from his coma to go and see if the camera actually was deleted from the side of the building.

"Who? Wha? Uh, sure. I'll check for you. I might need to ask Steve about the side effects of stasis."
There certainly appear to be a camera missing. In fact, there's even a guard out on the street looking up at where it should be, scratching his head in evident confusion.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Cafe

Complete free professional online programming courses on internet. Is it time yet?

It's around 11pm. You suppose you could go now.

Put out an order for that car. Muted, inconspicuous paintjob. Tinted windows. Bulletproof. Optimal handling. Two doors. Airbags. Cupholders.

Pull up electronic map of the city. Study the streets around the bank for preferred getaway routes.Besides major roads, is there anywhere large enough for the car to drive through? Alleyways, sidewalks, anything like that. 

"Has anyone thought about taking a hostage with us?"
I believe Steve put a Kibosh on buying more cars until people could give him a good rational and plan as to why they were needed and how they would be used.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2015, 10:45:20 pm »

Thaddeus heads back inside after seeing the lack of camera and the confused guard, " Hey Skylar? You uh, actually did delete the camera. And there is now a very confused guard out there looking at where it used to be. Anything else around us, bank or otherwise, you can have a peek at with your god machine there?" Use the cam-eyes to see how everyone in the bank is reacting to the sudden disappearance of the camera. After that, help Skylar with anything if he needs it.

((So, pw also said that you also deleted the internal systen that detects movement. This could be extremely helpful to us, if we act upon it before it's noticed.))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:56:03 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 09, 2015, 11:36:08 pm »

@PW: Would it suffice for Steve that the car D'usse is ordering would be specifically for the escape, compared to the bulkier and less agile car previously given to us?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40