Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 78064 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2014, 06:14:16 pm »

Well, maybe some shark teeth nose art on the rocket drones, like the Flying Tigers painted on their planes :P. Anyways, with the car back, head to the warehouse and use handi bonus to assemble everything.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2014, 08:46:24 pm »

Use the computer to look for car dealers near by. Look for ones that sell mainly trucks, are fairly reputable and don't ask many questions. Get on their websites and look for a larger type of truck, something close to a diesel F-350 dually or a diesel F-450. Something big that can hold a lot of weight/modifications. Also, question for Steve: "Hey, O' great overlord? Would it be possible to set up an autoshop that could make modifications to vehicles for us? Or do I need to find one that won't ask too many questions?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2014, 09:51:23 am »

Oh, you guys are back. Good. Let me look into something worth going in that box, besides 'precious' metals and cash. We should also decide if there are any supplies we want to disguise and see about getting in the box.

"Explain me what you would like us to sneak into the vault that would help our job? Safety boxes are not very big, and we can easily carry small things with us once we start the job proper."

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2014, 02:48:55 pm »

I'm not sure, it would depend on our needs and exactly how we get to the room in the end. We may want it to be an impromptu weapons cache, or have some explosives in place. If we're not worried about destroying our target, being able to remotely blow up the safe deposit room may be useful.

As for size... I think we could get bigger ones, though we should still try and limit what gets put there. I'm mostly talking some kind of backup plan. It will depend on what the safety deposit room looks like.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2014, 03:52:03 pm »

"I'm under impression we should be worried about destroying the target. Boss wants the data in it, after all. And we are going to deposit things tomorrow when we go to check it out, so you won't have much time to get additional equipment. And it will be extremely difficult to explain weapons and explosives if they want to know what we are bringing into their vaults. You know, they just might want to know it for record keeping purposes, and maybe even validate.

Size is gonna be what makes sense for total amount of things we will deposit. I'm thinking about big enough to hold a briefcase. Hey Thaddeus! What do you think?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2014, 06:05:59 pm »

Yes, this is part of why we're looking into their procedure. We only want to put something in the box if we can do it undetected.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2014, 11:03:34 pm »

"Eh? Yeah, I'm thinking briefcase sized is about right. And I have a feeling everything will be logged that goes into the deposit box. I can make multiple trips though. Not to many, but one or two more shouldn't be too suspicious. "
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2014, 09:21:08 am »

"Any attempt to sneak in anything else than what teller would be expecting is a risk far greater than any theoretical benefit it may offer. We will see tomorrow how it goes, but we won't bring in anything illegal or dangerous this time."
Old sigs.
Games.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2014, 04:12:31 pm »

Check to see if there are any Genemod-Shops around here.

Head back to the Hotel. Begin experimenting: Tape the guns to the front and sides of the underwear so that when I wear it I'm strapped like a pirate. Put on everything, see how long it takes to remove the tearaway clothing and then remove one of the guns from the tape. Also, see if I can conceal the flipknife in my shoes.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2014, 01:38:20 pm »

Oh, you guys are back. Good. Let me look into something worth going in that box, besides 'precious' metals and cash. We should also decide if there are any supplies we want to disguise and see about getting in the box.

Steve, what do people still use physical documents for the ownership of on this planet? We need some, preferably with a forged purchase date. Possibly entirely forged or unverifiable...

Work with Steve, obtain/order physical stocks/bonds and property deeds for the box. (or whatever else rich people might want to keep in a safe deposit box on this planet)
Double check the amount of wealth Thaddeus presented to the bank, make sure to get an appropriate amount to go with that.

We'll just give you fake stuff. It's not like they're gonna rifle through your belongings and make sure they're real.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

There was no minicamera, remember?
I mean this one:

Set one minicamera at my watchspot aimed to the bank and set it to record (to my wristpad,datapad or laptop if it doesn't have internal storega, using my connector cables if necessary).
You set up the camera for recording.

So, changing of the guard. Did anyone witness it?
And confirmation: The known camera set up at the bank is more or less like this.

It's time to focus on Mr. J. Smith. What type of building it is? As in typical office building, apartment/housing, manufacturing, trading, ect?
Take a evening walk by the building wearing middle class clothing. How's the front door? Obviously locked tight, I think, but details: is it reinforced? Any cameras watching it, and locations of those? Any other sensors? Lock type? Any guards posted near? Any easy way to see inside, windows maybe, and what I can see?[
Obviously I will not stop or even slow down to stare at things, but try to locate a good spot to hide minicamera aimed at front door of the building. Placing the camera will happen on another round tonight.
Oh, and try spot cameras on southern and eastern side of the bank.

Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

According to the footage, guard change happens around noon.
Yep. Looks about right.

It looks like an apartment building.
The building looks well maintained but has no signs, no door bell, what appears to be a standard wooden door, barred windows and harsh yellowish white lights near the door and illuminating the sidewalk. You don't see any cameras, or any sensors, and the lock on the door looks to be the standard deadbolt. The windows, behind the bars, are blacked out. Maybe tinted, maybe heavy curtains. Maybe just no inside lights. You don't see any good place to put a camera where it would be, for certain, out of sight. At least not without looking rather suspicious while you place it.

Cameras on the south alley look to be the same setup as on the north side. Eastern side of the bank has a camera on either corner and one in the back, much like the front. Going for symmetry, clearly.
Well, maybe some shark teeth nose art on the rocket drones, like the Flying Tigers painted on their planes :P. Anyways, with the car back, head to the warehouse and use handi bonus to assemble everything.
Using that bonus you manage to whip up your drones and pipe bombs without blowing yourself up. Good for you. They look suitably low tech and not like the creations of a sophisticated paramilitary covert ops squad.

Come to think of it, you might want to leave some false clues, some red herrings on these things. Things to misdirect the police investigation that will no doubt follow your use of these devices.

Use the computer to look for car dealers near by. Look for ones that sell mainly trucks, are fairly reputable and don't ask many questions. Get on their websites and look for a larger type of truck, something close to a diesel F-350 dually or a diesel F-450. Something big that can hold a lot of weight/modifications. Also, question for Steve: "Hey, O' great overlord? Would it be possible to set up an autoshop that could make modifications to vehicles for us? Or do I need to find one that won't ask too many questions?"
>It's possible, but you'd have to tell me why we're doing it first.

You find a few used trucks in the area. For sale by private owners. The kind that would accept cash and wouldn't do background checks.

Check to see if there are any Genemod-Shops around here.

Head back to the Hotel. Begin experimenting: Tape the guns to the front and sides of the underwear so that when I wear it I'm strapped like a pirate. Put on everything, see how long it takes to remove the tearaway clothing and then remove one of the guns from the tape. Also, see if I can conceal the flipknife in my shoes.

Genemods aren't really that much of a thing around here, not enough to have a corner store at least. The genetic modding that is done is mostly done at birth, and the other stuff is handled through hospitals and doctors, rather then just a shop somewhere.

Uh...well, you can get it out fairly quick but the gun is rather obvious even under the clothing. You look like you've got a ballistic hardon coming out of your hip.

Which is an interesting phrase I'm glad I had the chance to write.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2014, 01:49:59 pm »

Eh, they'll look higher tech once Michael gets back onto the ship(A remote controlled flying bomb that still can stand in for a scout eye sounds pretty useful, and completely in character for him to develop). As for coverups, he'll as the others. Also, an exact count of how many rocket drones and pipe bombs for reference.

Before he leaves though, run a few quick tests on the flight and drive systems, and make sure they're charged and ready to go. When he gets back, run this following conversation:

"Hey guys, I've got a few...party favors, shall we say, for any pursuit if we have to make a more obvious getaway. I need a hand to redirect the cops' investigation if these have to be used."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:18:36 am by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2014, 02:05:59 am »

Respond to Steve: "Part of it is to tune-up/modify the engines for more power/speed, which I'm sure any auto shop can do. The main idea is some more, eh, unusual modifications. For example, the truck could also have the suspension beefed up, so that it can better handle any armor that is added to it, bullet proof/resistant windows, and a cow catcher on the front to remove any obstacles that might be in our way. Another couple of unusual modifications are a goop thrower, a neo-therm thrower, probably through nozzles on the back or sides, and probably thermite bricks throughout the whole structure to get rid of them when need be, to leave behind as little evidence as possible."

((Basically, someone mentioned a James Bond car and I liked the idea.
Edit: Forgot to add this, but I was already thinking about armoring up some cars, the goop, neo-therm launchers and whatever extra gadgets were inspired by the James Bond idea.))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:57:16 pm by renegadelobster »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2014, 09:50:15 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

"Party favors? Hmm... How about this: print a serial number or some other tracking number and scratch it away unprofessionally, leaving just enough left for police to get interested while still maintaining illusion of honest effort. Or just engrave some random words on them."

That one alley between the book store and the clothing store; is there any cameras? Is it basically unguarded path to the bank alley? How wide it is?
What kind of buildings are facing the front door of the Smith building? Any cafes or similiar places where one can spend some quality time staring walls observing the front door?

Go see what Michael have made. Feed ideas.

Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:06:00 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2014, 10:17:25 am »

"Heh, I like that idea. How about you come give me a hand with that at the warehouse?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2014, 10:52:21 am »

((I have -2 at handiwork, and I think printing, filing and engraving uses handiwork. But on the other hand modifying machines may be aux... hmm))

"Unfortunately I don't think I can be a much of assistance. I'm not good when it comes to making things."
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40