Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! All's well that ends well, GG everyone  (Read 71489 times)

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Ten: Nationgen! Game on
« Reply #360 on: November 15, 2014, 04:44:41 am »

Because of how combat works in Dom4, negative reinvig means death after the expansion pahse (at least on a non-assassin).
So yeah, they're OP at the begining, than overpriced as they can't last long (~20 turns with E9 bless ? given than the E major bless may not be the best for them ?)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 15, 2014, 05:38:59 am »

I experimented some more with them (and their unpictured smaller cousins) and reached the conclusion that reinvig -10 is death during the expansion phase, too - I just hadn't noticed it when I messed around last night because of the 9E9N bless. If they're not sacred and blessed down to reinvig -6, they might not even make contact with the enemy, but if they do crits often immediately laugh at their armor - and without that they're still hoburg, all too hoburg. At -4 they don't really feel weaker than normal heavy infantry; I might keep them there, or I might just simplify things and make them mounted units with positive enc. It's thematic for them to wind down, but the other NG hoburg mechanicals just keep going and going, so it wouldn't be out of place to let them do so. It's not like they're overwhelming strong in any case - certainly not moreso than a lot of the things running around in NG.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:48:42 am by E. Albright »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 15, 2014, 06:42:20 am »

So apparently llamaserver is acting up yet again. Poor Llamabeast just can't get a break, can he?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 15, 2014, 07:55:29 am »

Everything looks fine to me.

I'm guessing it stalled a while during the turn processing? There's been some chatter about it being a bit laggy recently. I wonder what's up.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 15, 2014, 08:07:15 am »

Everything looks fine to me.

I'm guessing it stalled a while during the turn processing? There's been some chatter about it being a bit laggy recently. I wonder what's up.
Oh, looks like it processed now, yeah. Took it a while, though. One and a half hours, according to my e-mail.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 17, 2014, 10:27:28 am »

Pushing hosting 12h since I'm not gonna get my turn in for ~8-10h. And Boksi's outstanding as well, though there's still 2h to original hosttime so they might not be as tardy as me. Sorry for delaying things...

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 17, 2014, 12:31:31 pm »

Pushing hosting 12h since I'm not gonna get my turn in for ~8-10h. And Boksi's outstanding as well, though there's still 2h to original hosttime so they might not be as tardy as me. Sorry for delaying things...
Yeah, if you hadn't added the extra time I still would've submitted it on time. Admittedly with only a few minutes to spare, but it was before the deadline and that's what counts.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 18, 2014, 12:06:43 am »

On the incredibly slender chance that the presence of Aimur off Illen's northernmost coast and the continued massing of lizard troops across the straits from it are not in fact an indication that Lisassa's contentment to keep to their island faded a scant two months after they declared it, the good craftsmen and fisherfolk of Illen kindly request that aspiring Destroyers of Worlds limit their destruction to those portions of the ocean outside of the traditional Illenese fishing waters along the Might Coast. We assure you they would be of no interest to Lisassa in any case, as unlike the neighboring stretch of ocean to their north, they are entirely bereft of thrones.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 18, 2014, 12:09:30 am »

The gate is guarded against invasion, not loaded for it. The many waters are the domain of Aimur -- but do not worry. This turn, Aimur will take a province not adjacent to you.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 18, 2014, 04:10:17 pm »

Couple of things:

Shangrila's hero, Darude the Living Catapult has the appearance of an ancient Pale One. Yet when my skeletons gouged his eye out, he didn't get blindness penalties. Just regular eye loss with the minor stat penalties it entails.

In addition, his second form at 0hp was that of a mechanical man (yep) with with description of "TODO". (I can imagine a pretty cool backstory there btw)

Not sure if TODO is standard all over nationgen, but I'm mentioning it in-case it's something that shouldn't show up.
As for the apparently multieyed Agarthan, I wonder if that's dom4 thing or nationgen thing. I mean Agarthans are one-eyed, right? So they should by all means get blindness after one eye loss. I don't play much with or against Agartha so I don't know if this is standard behaviour or not so... Just throwing it out there as well.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 18, 2014, 04:19:32 pm »

Agarthans should only have one eye, since you can definitely set the number of eyes a unit has. So it's definitely a nationgen thing since the default is 2 and none of the Agarthans that were generated seem to have the #eyes tag set for any of them. So in other words all of the nationgen Agarthans have 2 eyes instead of the 1 like they are supposed to. Maybe Darude is just seeing with his inner eye. :P

Also the #eyes tag means that creatures can have more than 2 eyes if you wanted... I wonder if the effects of losing an eye stack as expected if you have 3 or more eyes or something else happens. I guess I should investigate it sometime, even though it doesn't affect anything.

EDIT: This reminds me, I should go check to see if the modding manual has been update with the new event commands. Might be interesting to go poking around them and see what you can do.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:35:22 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 18, 2014, 05:41:04 pm »

Yeah, the eye thing is a simple fix that can get done in the next release. As for TODO, there's a few of those floating around. Adding more/fleshing out descriptions is something needing done, but it's not exciting stuff and thus gets neglected.

Oh, Aimur, why is it that the freedom-loving peoples of Illen have such trouble believing your words? Surely it cannot be your prior invasion. Or indeed the inconvenient fact that if you were warding the gate rather than menacingly posing your forces to invade whenever you deemed it opportune, you'd garrison them in Theater of Angels (where they could ward the gate and a throne) or in Far Bridge (where they could ward two gates). Indeed, I rather suspect that if Dheathig's invasion of Illen was going better than it is, your would-be oppressors would have traversed the border in half a heartbeat. I do think it would be better for the tensions between our nations if both Earth Corn and Waybridge were demilitarized. But I suppose for now we can maintain the pretense that your massed forces are there for defense, and not incessant coercive posturing and preparation for an opportunistic invasion.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 18, 2014, 08:33:56 pm »

Shangrila's hero, Darude the Living Catapult has the appearance of an ancient Pale One. Yet when my skeletons gouged his eye out, he didn't get blindness penalties. Just regular eye loss with the minor stat penalties it entails.

In addition, his second form at 0hp was that of a mechanical man (yep) with with description of "TODO". (I can imagine a pretty cool backstory there btw)

It probably doesn't need said, but any errors you find along these lines - no matter how minor - merit mention. NG doesn't get as much feed back as a lot of mods, and it's hard to test it thoroughly since it's all procedurally generated.

(FWIW, the mechanical man filter gives a heavy weight in favor of the mage name "terminator". I actually am of a mind to add a comparable filter for mantises, hehehe...)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 18, 2014, 11:13:13 pm »

Short-to-middle-term predictions for the current wars:

Shangrila vs. Agor/Samarir: Shangrila loses, Agor eats Shangrila, absorbs essence more or less in toto.

Agor vs. Darmekot: Agor fights Darmekot to a stalemate.

Illen vs. Lisassa/Doushiem/Dheathig: Illen and Dheathig lose, with Lisassa absorbing Illen, and Doushiem absorbing Midmatia and Dheathig.

Wildcards: Samarir will likely be the first of the Eight Nations freed up enough to intervene in another war, and could potentially tip the balance in Darmekot's favor if they intervened against Agor in the second war, or in favor of either Lisassa/Dheathig or Doushiem depending on whether they intervened against Doushiem or Illen in the third.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 19, 2014, 12:24:01 am »

Wildcards: Samarir will likely be the first of the Eight Nations freed up enough to intervene in another war, and could potentially tip the balance in Darmekot's favor if they intervened against Agor in the second war, or in favor of either Lisassa/Dheathig or Doushiem depending on whether they intervened against Doushiem or Illen in the third.

Sup y'all? I'm open to being made some offers.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45