Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [ISG] Dungeon Defiender  (Read 9221 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Dungeon Defiender
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2014, 11:23:43 pm »

ummm, lurker? Bump
I've read you the first time ;3

Thing is, startup is not really done yet, so it still takes a while longer "than it should", as my hands are a bit tied right now. Well, I should get it done sometime tomorrow, or the day after, if they really keep me busy.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2014, 04:53:28 pm »

Slosud Highlands
Turn 1 - Upkeep Phase

The Caverns of Armok's Chosen
223 Gold 254 Food

Forces:
2 Fiends
20 Troops
36 Populations

Income & Consumption:
+23 Gold, -78 Food
Spoiler: In Detail (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Quests (click to show/hide)

In the end, you eventually decide to give Rhiannon some kind of work. Contacting some of the local populace should put her to good use. If she wants to keep her eyes peeled, she is more than welcome to do so as well. Having called her to your tent, you hold a scroll of parchment to her face.

“Rhiannon. Here,have some work.”

Inspecting the map you have given her – you have some sparse information about the local tribes that inhabit the area – she nods affirmatively. “Will do, Mistress”

“...” You stare at her.

Noticing, as much, the mare gives you a wry smile. “Right. Your Holiness.”

Shacking your head in disbelief, you answer her.
“... you're holding it the wrong way. The map, I mean.”

She quickly adjusts her hold on the parchment, with a look of revelation dawning upon her face.
Sometimes you really wonder...

Custom Mission - Interlude

Rhiannon has set out with the Direbats in tow, and is currently facing the distant lights of a native village. The only obstacle towards it is a cliff-face of grand depth.

“So... you can't find a way either?”

“Shrieeek!”

“You are one to talk...  And no, I can't just scale down these cliffs. Search again!”

The Night-Mare and her troops have had little trouble locating the tribe on the map, with only a minor delay of half a week lost on multiple detours. The real problem though, is getting to said tribe, as they still have to leave the mountains.

“Shriek?”

“Yes, I am holding the map right.... Wait...”

The mare gives a most inquisitive look towards the parchment on the ground, finally shifting it back and around with her hooves.

“Shriek!”

“Wait, wait wait. I AM holding the map right.”

“Shrieeek?”

“Yes, yes, this time. Less lip, more work!”

~

Your forces have confirmed the existence of a particular tribe, but as they found no footpath towards it, they lacked the time to backtrack their movements and ultimately withdrew from the task.

Mission Result: Minor Failure – Natives were tracked down, but no contact has taken place

Fiend Action

You try to think of a blessing, able to torture the mind in exchange for greater strength. What a great idea, or so you tell yourself. A few days of study later, you are sure to put your knowledge of the divine to good use.

Having drawn the circle, you make one last inspection of the ingredients for said spell. 35 litres of Blood? Check. Fresh Poultry, 20 kilograms? Check. Tears of the Innocent, 4 litres? Check. Brimstone, 1.5 kilograms? Check. Copper, 800 grams? Check. Emerald, 250 grams? Check. Fairy-Dust, 100 grams? Check. Small amounts of 19 other arcane ingredients? U-huh. U-huh. Right. - Yes, Check.

With everything in perfect order, you activate the ritual. Your tent begins to glow in a red hue, stemming from the intricate lines of the circle. The divine forces at work even accept your offer, and shortly thereafter, you can even feel a slight tinge of pain coming on, concluding the success of your ritual!

Well... only that the pain gets stronger. A lot stronger. Actually, far too strong! Oh, and you also find out that it only has affected yourself to boot. Wrecked with pain, you spend the rest of the week feverishly in bed. It will take some time until the pain is gone.

Result: Critical Failure – Acherza won't be able to act next week.

Economic Actions

Even without a little pain to remind them, the civilians do their work with plenty of enthusiasm. Not wanting to stay out in the light, might have something to do with that, or so you think.

The excavation speed is a joy to behold, and when the planned tunnels are dug out, your workforce is way ahead of schedule. You give them orders to further the tunnels immediately, not really intent on letting them rest.

Result: Great Success – You have excavated 4 extra tiles.

In stark contrast is the matter of getting a few outdoor-fields up and running. If it is by sheer incompetence, lacking experience or just plain old bad luck, the result stays the same. First the birds inhabiting the mountains take their toll on the seeds, forcing the people working on the fields to sow a good part of them anew. Even worse, once the strong rain started, it washed out the freshly tilled fields. At the end of the week, what remains of what should have been a field is upturned ground, devoid of any crops.

Result: Utter Failure – You have lost all work, and 6 bushels of food to boot.

We are currently in the Upkeep Phase
Hiring Units is currently not yet available, but drafting conscripts is possible – at the cost of population.
Else, feel free to haunt Acherza's head with ideas that it might want to introduce, instead of waiting for the - heh - populace to come along with missions of their own. Well, which they ultimately will do, but only next phase.

Spoiler: Attributes & Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)

Well, things are slowly but surely coming into place. We now have a good view of comparitive strenght, as I finally have added the stats, and explained them. There will also come a system where units will start at higher levels, depending on how much xp their race has gained, but more on that later. Granted, currently it would only affect freshly hired Watchers and Night-Mares, so theres that.

As for the enemy forces, well, they should come from the southern end of the pass. No guarantees though.  :P

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2014, 05:17:45 pm »

Our troops should begin scouting out our enemies, preferably hitting soft targets of opportunity. Failing that, we should begin hunting unicorns (we should keep our second in command happy!). Meanwhile, the digging continues! Off the southern branch of tunnels, dig two squares deeper west into the mountain and start digging a 3x3 cavern, for which the batcaves go in. This operation should be mirrored(if we have time) on the north branch for the goblin camps. Again attempt to create a few outdoor fields(Higher priority than the goblin camps if necessary)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2014, 01:00:09 am »

Our troops should begin scouting out our enemies, preferably hitting soft targets of opportunity. Failing that, we should begin hunting unicorns (we should keep our second in command happy!). Meanwhile, the digging continues! Off the southern branch of tunnels, dig two squares deeper west into the mountain and start digging a 3x3 cavern, for which the batcaves go in. This operation should be mirrored(if we have time) on the north branch for the goblin camps. Again attempt to create a few outdoor fields(Higher priority than the goblin camps if necessary)

I would advise against hostile actions until our defenses are ready... Scouting would be okay though; if we don't get any better ideas from the populace.

Also, doing the math, because outdoor fields only work two seasons a year, underground ones are a better investment. That said, you might be right in getting the above ground farms going now, as focusing on the short run may be the best idea for the moment... Beyond that, your build order looks solid though.

Speaking of food in the short run, I'd order the Watchers to look into/research non-mundane means of producing food for now... We have mages, so we should look into getting mage powered buildings in general as soon as possible, and for now food is of the highest priority.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2014, 01:37:33 am »

Heh, good point. I actually came up with a better idea for what to do for our troops.

Addendum: forget scouting, send Rhiannon as our representative to the Seasnake in charge of the lizardkin along with a quarter of our troops, offering support in the form of troops and gold to shore up his defenses in exchange for food to keep us from starving. Do what was suggested and put our Watcher followers to work attempting to find magical means to produce food.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2014, 01:43:34 am »

Heh, good point. I actually came up with a better idea for what to do for our troops.

Addendum: forget scouting, send Rhiannon as our representative to the Seasnake in charge of the lizardkin along with a quarter of our troops, offering support in the form of troops and gold to shore up his defenses in exchange for food to keep us from starving. Do what was suggested and put our Watcher followers to work attempting to find magical means to produce food.

I'd scout in his direction first. There is a good chance he is being besieged, and we'd best not march Rhiannon in until we know we have a safe path to do so. We cannot afford to lose her.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2014, 01:45:18 am »

Addendum:Scout in the direction of the lizardfolk, and if a clear path is there, send Rhiannon as our representative to the Seasnake in charge of the lizardkin along with a quarter of our troops, offering support in the form of troops and gold to shore up his defenses in exchange for food to keep us from starving. Do what was suggested and put our Watcher followers to work attempting to find magical means to produce food.

Edit:Good point :P Changed it so we don't go full blast, just scout then go

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2014, 08:52:48 pm »

I support Tryar's Revised plan

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2014, 08:35:07 pm »

bump

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2014, 06:55:14 pm »

bump

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2014, 01:25:02 pm »

Slosud Highlands
Turn 2 - Mission Phase

The Caverns of Armok's Chosen

Slowly looking through some documents, you come to two important realizations.

First, you are still in too much pain to do much.

Second, with the fields in ruin, food might become a problem sometime soon.

Luckily, you have a solution for both of it. For your pain, you will rest, with the occasional decurse cast by your students giving a short-lived relief. As for the food, while fields are the most common way, there are also other things you might want to try.

The Goblins are good at scavenging, even able to give refuse another... well, use. They really are not picky where their food comes from, or what said food grows from. Basically, only goblins would ever chance to eat from it. Well, not that they ever produce all too much from it that it could become a problem, but still – building some Trash-Heaps could alleviate some of your current shortage.

That the iconic direbat is a hunter, is actually no misnomer either. They are great at hunting, be it their named, schooled hunters, or some of the general populace. How much game they bring back understandably differs from time to time, but a Shrieker's Lodge would be all they would need.
Yes, they really call it that.

You also think about the magical means of agriculture that your own race is famed for. Still, working on the Everpurple Fields is for suckers, young ones, and the unable. Let's just say that the last time you were coerced into doing so, was as a four year old spawnling. You know your four pupils could easily keep three of these fields running, but they would not like it. Not one bit.

New Buildings

Trash-Heap: 2 Weeks
"We don't mind the smell either..."
Function: Gives 1 Food each week
Requirements: Subterranean Tile, 6 Full Goblin Population each, No adjacent non-goblin buildings

Shrieker's Lodge: 5 Weeks
"Shrieeeek!"
Function: Gives 1-6 Food if 2 Direbat Population or 1 Direbat Hunter set out. Allows up to 6 simultaneous hunts to be set up.
Requirements: Subterranean Tile, Stable Population of Wildlife

Everpurple Fields: 2 Successive Weeks
"Positively glowing!"
Function: Gives 6 Food if 1 Watcher Population works their magic on them.
Requirements: Normal Fields, Uninterrupted use or Fields will lay fallow for 2 weeks

While deciding what you will have the peasantry do this week, your second pays a visit to your tent.

"We have Visit~ors", or so she hums in a sweet voice rather unbecoming of her true nature. You would know. Leaving you no chance to interrupt, she continues.

"A messenger of the Da'maar-Tribe."

Smiling brightly, she throws a scroll towards you, which you catch with one of your stalks.

Da'maar do ring a bell, one of the beastly tribes of the area known to feud with the local fae. From what you heard, they also traded with Surgescale's faithful at times.

Opening the scroll - which is out of leather instead of parchment - you are amply surprised and pleased all the same. Crude as these Da'maar may or actually may not be, they do know the basics of bureaucracy!

Mission Phase – Mission Choices

Proposition I – Raiding Contract
The Tribesmen of Da'maar welcome your arrival, and wish for good relations with you.
For that sake, we invite you to partake in our seasonal raiding against the hated dwellers of the forests.
You will be entitled to half of the spoils, presuming you send along more than ten able-bodied warriors.
Should you want to join us, our messenger will guide you to our war-camp.
Military Mission: Possible Reward - Loot, Better Relations with the Da'maar

The rest of the leather is filled with a crude map, showing the intermediate area of the lowlands – and a bride spanning the river, together with some houses which should depict a Fae Village.

Even the distance is named, albeit you are a bit unsure how long "Three days as the deer strides" actually is. Nor that the daily striding of a deer is an acceptable measurement of distances.

Looking at your table, you notice two other scrolls already lying there. What luck, as you would have written a second one by yourself at some later time. Seeing as you now indeed have three suggestions, you might as well.

Proposition II – When the prey stands still, the hunter strikes!

It is with some anxiety that we look towards our dwindling food stores, and the failed outside fields. Still, we have a solution, as we have discovered a valley when we previously searched about. It has only one, small entrance, and we also sighted a good number of game within.

Give us all our hunters, at least half of the goblins, and the order – and we will see that this game is added to our stores.
Military Mission: Possible Reward - Surplus of Food

Proposition III – Scouting the Delta
Give Rhiannon the order to scout alongside the river.
No need to write anything else, right? I know the rest already.
Military Mission: Possible Reward - Safe Access to the Lizardkin, Maybe meeting the Lizardkin

Besides the one you have penned yourself, the other two actually don't sound that bad either. Too bad you won't be able to participate in anything this week. The raid would sound somewhat enticing, too.

We are currently in the Mission Phase

Choose a Mission & Troops for it.

We currently have 10 Goblin Warriors, 6 Direbat Hunters, and 4 Watcher Mages.
Acherza is recovering, Rhiannon is ready to strike out.

Choose what the workers should do this week.

They will be able to perform 28 Weeks worth of Labour
We have 223 Gold, 254 Food at our disposal.

Income & Consumption at week's end:
+23 Gold, -78 Food

Current Buildings:

12 Sections of Tunnel

Spoiler: Known Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Quests (click to show/hide)

A bit hectic at my end atm. Might get another update done this weekend, no promises though. Else, things do set further into place turn by turn.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:14:53 pm by escaped lurker »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2014, 01:43:45 pm »

Reiterate the previous building plan with a couple changes:
The digging continues! Off the southern branch of tunnels, dig two squares deeper west into the mountain and start digging a 3x3 cavern, for which the batcaves go in, along with a Shriekers lodge. This operation should be mirrored(if we have time) on the north branch for the goblin camps, along with a trash heap or two. Again attempt to create a few outdoor fields(Higher priority than the goblin camps if necessary). When the lodge is competed, have 6 hunters set up 6 different hunts.

As for missions, Send Rhiannon and our forces on the raid. spoils should include food hopefully...

[/quote][/b]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:02:40 pm by tryrar »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2014, 02:15:01 pm »

We~ll... we only have 10 Goblin Warriors, 6 Direbat Hunters, and 4 Watcher Mages. Rhiannon is, due to the previous crit-fail of Acherza, our only useable Fiend this round. "Promotion" to fiend is not possible, as it is intended to be an obstacle of sorts. Officers /  Fiends are either a special breed of unit, or one which has reached LVL 10.

Since I seem to have made it unclear / confusing, Population will normally not fight. You are able to draft some of them in the upkeep phase, at a loss of said population, but what you can currently use in military actions, is mentioned above.

So... we can't send a total of 20 Goblin Warriors, nor will the 6 Direbat Hunters you plan to use in the Shrieker's Lodge "move in there" until next week.

Edit: I switched some of the information around, and rearranged it in a less confusing way. Well, or so I hope.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:16:43 pm by escaped lurker »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2014, 11:00:24 pm »

Ok Then. I'll edit the action

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2014, 11:43:29 am »

I have nothing to add but bump
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6