Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Warmachine: Mecha Suggestion Game  (Read 7319 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Warmachine: Mecha Suggestion Game
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2014, 03:33:20 pm »

I have a Call sign for this: King Coral

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2014, 04:54:18 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2014, 08:00:03 pm »

I have a Call sign for this: King Coral

I move my vote to this one
+1
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2014, 08:10:09 pm »

Changing my vote to King Coral
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2014, 08:13:24 pm »

I have always voted for Triton. Any ideas to the other is slander and libel.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:20:36 pm by Xanmyral »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2014, 08:18:48 pm »

Actually I think I'll go back to Triton
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2014, 08:20:57 pm »

Triton.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2014, 08:22:18 pm »

UNOFFICIAL VOTING COUNT

3 for King Coral

1 for scope...dog something.

1 for flashbang

4 for Triton

I believe King Coral shall rule the sea  8) Triton shall be feared across this world as the greatest underwater fighter in history.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:43:05 pm by 3man75 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2014, 08:24:38 pm »

I switch to King Coral.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2014, 08:33:15 pm »

"They call me Flashbang, because I get thrown into the air before exploding into pieces and ruining everyone's eyes and ears."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Warmachine: Mecha Suggestion Game
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2014, 09:16:18 pm »

And with this, the <Callsign> shall be <Triton>.

"Hmmm ... <Triton>, my <Callsign> shall be <Triton>."

You respond to Julius as you start to maneuver the practice model towards the surface at a decent pace, and now that you've got the time to actually pay attention and notice it you can almost feel the mech itself. Its almost like the machine is less an extension of you, and more its actually become a part of you though you also know that you're movements are still rusty and highly over-exaggerated, problems that you can only solve through practice. You're shaken from your thoughts as Julius finally replies,

"<Triton>? Heh, lets see if you can live up to the name Hektor, now get back to the garage. Its about time you get to meet the ones who will be taking care of your machine in the future, though I'm going to warn you that they aren't all as wonderful as I am."

You voice your acknowledgement, and head for the surface at full speed, stopping only long enough to pick up the Hyperion Model F from where you had discarded it during the training session earlier. You break the surface at a decent speed, killing the boosters you drop down to ground with a heavy impact before righting yourself, climbing into the garage you notice streams of ocean water pouring off the surface of the mech and wonder how much work it must take to keep the mech from rusting. As you power down the mech after having returned the gear to its correct place on their stands you feel a heavy wave of exhaustion, and a gnawing pain in the back of your head that comes over you as soon as the connection with the <Concept Drive> is severed. It passes quickly enough, but you're left feeling somewhat drained as you sit and wait for the cockpit to finish last minute adjustments and release the locks on the hatch.

The moment the hatch creaks open you clamber down the ladder, and proceed to vomit quite forcefully into a nearby trashcan, it takes quite a while for you to calm down but when you finally recover you find several people standing around staring at you. There are about five people, two of them you recognize as Sanders and his bodyguard, but the other three are completely new to you. One of them, a young red haired woman in a pristine lab coat, steps forward and as she speaks you recognize her as Julius,

"Heh, I should've probably warned you that pilots usually suffered some minor problems shortly after disconnecting with the <Concept Drive> as their minds try to adapt back to a state of singular awareness. There's no need to worry though, all pilots get used to it eventually so long as they don't get killed before hand."

Moving her hands towards the other two here, a somewhat aged looking man with black haired wearing oil stained clothes and a blonde haired youth that looks to be around your age dressed similarly to the man.

"These two are the engineers who take care of the maintenance, and repairs for the practice model and they will be doing the same for the <Gorgon> that you'll come to pilot here eventually though in that area they'll likely have a few assistants. The older one's name is Adam Markus, he's one of our chief engineers here at SSM, and the younger one is Titus Hamilton who is Adam's apprentice."

The two greet you, but aside from that they remain quiet leaving you with the feeling that they don't quite trust or like you at this point though you can't blame them since you were basically forced into this company by the higher ups in the OA's military command. With a smile Julius finishes the meeting,

"Well you did good today Hektor, if you have any need of our assistance we can be found here during the day, and I can generally be found in the Analysis department during night hours."

With a smile she, and the others leave though Sanders waits around long enough to give you a few words of congratulations on your performance today. With that done you find yourself to tired to do anything else and return to your quarters to collapse onto the bed ...

The next week or so goes by quickly as you throw yourself into the training at hand, your combat style tends towards ...
A) You continue using the Long-Range loadout for the practice model throughout your training sessions.
B) Switch over to the Versatile loadout and stick with it through numerous training sessions.
C) Switch to the Melee loadout to try and get a feel for how you'll perform with the exact opposite of your first loadout.
D) Change back and forth as you spend a roughly equal amount of time with each loadout to get a feel for all of them.

During your spare time after the training sessions have come to the end you spend a lot of time ...
List three things such as physical training, or reading specific materials in the library.

Spoiler: Hektor Lokisson (click to show/hide)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2014, 09:25:31 pm »

A) Long range load out sounds like exactly what our bread and butter will be on the battle feild.

As for after training...

1. Exercise to get stronger and more mentally fit when things get shaky in the cockpit. The extra strength is to keep our cool and our aim straight.

2. Read about the Role's of our military. Things like what we use and what they have been known to destory, as well as find out how our military is organized.

3. Maybe we should chat up with that red haired lady. It'd be nice to know about how mech's work and why ours is so much more unique...An maybe we can have a "friend" to talk to personally with  8).

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2014, 09:36:38 pm »

D) wouldn't hurt to have experience in all

1-physical exercise
2-reading Jules Vern novels and other adventure stories
3- flirting with Julius
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2014, 09:45:18 pm »

I vote A.

1. Exercise to get stronger and more mentally fit when things get shaky in the cockpit. The extra strength is to keep our cool and our aim straight.

2. Read about the Role's of our military. Things like what we use and what they have been known to destory, as well as find out how our military is organized.

3. Maybe we should chat up with that red haired lady. It'd be nice to know about how mech's work and why ours is so much more unique...An maybe we can have a "friend" to talk to personally with  8).

+1 to the first two, but -1 to 3.

Instead, get to know the two engineers and learn more about the guts of the mech.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2014, 09:57:27 pm »

A) Long range load out sounds like exactly what our bread and butter will be on the battle feild.

As for after training...

+1
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6