Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290154 times)

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. On the road...)
« Reply #6045 on: April 05, 2015, 12:31:45 am »

Zero seems relieved. “Tell me more about the Maze. Is it the minotaur kind or the traps kind? Or maybe the cheese kind, that one is my favourite.”

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6046 on: April 05, 2015, 04:17:31 am »

So-uh... What do we do now?
OH! Call me if you need anything... I- er- I've got something I need to do. Also call me if we solve the puzzle.

Insane looks for a plant that has a long, straight stem, that is also covered in spikes.
Spoiler: If I find one, (click to show/hide)

((Don't even ask. You will see.))
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:19:36 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: April 05, 2015, 06:38:51 am »

Propman pulled out his sketchbook and flipped around a bit until he came across a page full of rectangles and lines, with some rough topography sketched into said shapes. Just another name for the dungeons. I've started mapping out the areas we've been through for future reference."
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: April 05, 2015, 12:54:48 pm »

So-uh... What do we do now?
OH! Call me if you need anything... I- er- I've got something I need to do. Also call me if we solve the puzzle.

Insane looks for a plant that has a long, straight stem, that is also covered in spikes.
Spoiler: If I find one, (click to show/hide)

((Don't even ask. You will see.))
((We're in a city, not the woods. We'd have to find one of those weird overgrown buildings first, and there isn't in the immediate area.))

"Where are you going? We should be getting back in the car!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6049 on: April 05, 2015, 04:33:28 pm »

((People do have potted plants and gardens on the ground, even in cities. and even cities have parks. ))

A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: April 05, 2015, 04:46:37 pm »

(But there are none nearby, and it's dangerous to go off looking on your own. Can you pm me what you're looking for?)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: April 05, 2015, 09:09:49 pm »

[2] On crawling out of the alcove, you step forward and suddenly feel an immense force upon your right shoulder. It throws you into the opposite wall, and you feel an intense pain on that spot, and on the bottom of your right foot.
"Agh! Oh god fucking shit hnsssss-"

I look up, realize that the fucking thing is probably still coming for me, and try to limp to the nearest alcove, and see if there's a plaque in there, and if the skeleton thing is on a stone surface or something else. If there is, I crawl in to touch it, trying to be careful with the shoulder and foot. I also get ready to throw the skull of the skeleton out of the alcove to test whether the things waiting for me or something when I come back out.

If it's not, on the other hand, I try to get to the other alcoves, looking for one, trying to keep in mind the likely position of the apparition given how fast I've seen it move and knowing it always comes directly towards me.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. New clues?)
« Reply #6052 on: April 07, 2015, 02:27:21 am »

(If there are no objections, I'm moving us to the bank on the next post for this group.)

HugoLuman pulled the generator away from the burning junction box. "Listen, um..."
"InsaneGame."
"Yeah. If you want to find plants, there's this whole terrarium place we can go to."

[2] On crawling out of the alcove, you step forward and suddenly feel an immense force upon your right shoulder. It throws you into the opposite wall, and you feel an intense pain on that spot, and on the bottom of your right foot.
"Agh! Oh god fucking shit hnsssss-"

I look up, realize that the fucking thing is probably still coming for me, and try to limp to the nearest alcove, and see if there's a plaque in there, and if the skeleton thing is on a stone surface or something else. If there is, I crawl in to touch it, trying to be careful with the shoulder and foot. I also get ready to throw the skull of the skeleton out of the alcove to test whether the things waiting for me or something when I come back out.

If it's not, on the other hand, I try to get to the other alcoves, looking for one, trying to keep in mind the likely position of the apparition given how fast I've seen it move and knowing it always comes directly towards me.
Looking into the nearest alcove, you see an identical plaque.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: April 07, 2015, 04:34:17 am »

((Fething forum and not notifying me about this thread.))

"If we find a recently dead human or close to human corpse I can fix considerably more then just ocular damage in about an hour or two. Specially of the eyes are still fresh. If we find a large amount of food, I can do the same over the span of several hours to a day depending on severity of damage and availability of requisit nutrients. If I had a level in the flesh manipulation tree, I could use Hugo's severed tail as base material and a basic biomap for future tail designs, use a literal tigers eye as a base for an eye if someone wanted that for some reason, or really anything else if I had a corpse handy to use as material, although with the level in that,  I could make do without the biomap and material, it just would prolly take refining to fix anything I missed. Oh also, fixing eye would apparently really hurt. I'm glad I haven't broken anything yet, the regen dumps all the pain from the injury into a shorter timeframe, and my focus passive prevents me from passing out from pain. Soooo it would not be fun.."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6054 on: April 07, 2015, 05:18:32 am »

((Fething forum and not notifying me about this thread.))

"If we find a recently dead human or close to human corpse I can fix considerably more then just ocular damage in about an hour or two. Specially of the eyes are still fresh. If we find a large amount of food, I can do the same over the span of several hours to a day depending on severity of damage and availability of requisit nutrients. If I had a level in the flesh manipulation tree, I could use Hugo's severed tail as base material and a basic biomap for future tail designs, use a literal tigers eye as a base for an eye if someone wanted that for some reason, or really anything else if I had a corpse handy to use as material, although with the level in that,  I could make do without the biomap and material, it just would prolly take refining to fix anything I missed. Oh also, fixing eye would apparently really hurt. I'm glad I haven't broken anything yet, the regen dumps all the pain from the injury into a shorter timeframe, and my focus passive prevents me from passing out from pain. Soooo it would not be fun.."

"I'm scared"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: April 07, 2015, 12:21:04 pm »

(I personally find it interesting that no one is really reacting to the Junction Box having caught fire.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: April 07, 2015, 12:22:39 pm »

((It's relatively ordinary compared to the other stuff that's happened.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: April 07, 2015, 06:41:11 pm »

HugoLuman helps get the generator loaded and connected during this conversation. After everyone gets back in, they start the car and turn down the road back towards the bank. The distance didn't seem so long as at had on foot, when they progressed warily. "Okay, here's where we entered the city from."
"Think that loopy panther's still around here?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: April 07, 2015, 06:51:24 pm »

"The one in the zootsuit?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: April 07, 2015, 08:48:15 pm »

(Anything changed at the bank in the past few hours?)

"We seen any other demented panthers?"

HugoLuman opens the back of the van and steps out, taking a look around.
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 427