Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290754 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, WE DID IT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #5670 on: March 22, 2015, 11:42:05 am »

Arcvasti fiddles with his wrist device for a few minutes before eventually choosing Poison & Disease immunity.

"Personally I think it would be a good idea to get them identified fully before fiddling with them."
"That's probably for the best. And another reason to get to town... speaking of which, I think I have an idea on how to get out of here."

**We should also maybe open that vault. I mean, its kinda what we came in here for.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: March 22, 2015, 12:29:10 pm »

(Well, we seem to have classes with the same name give different abilities, but calling it something other than "sniper" this time might be good.)

"Well, yeah. But we've gone a ways in without seeing any more clues. I think we should take another look around that intersection on the way out, see if we missed anything. Going much further into this place seems a bit dangerous. But seriously, wanna hear my idea for getting around easier?"
"You'd probably better let him before he explodes."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: March 22, 2015, 02:38:30 pm »

"What idea?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5673 on: March 22, 2015, 02:45:39 pm »

((well, in many peoples cases, a high powered rifle is the deadliest thing in their house. I'll change it then))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: March 22, 2015, 02:54:40 pm »

((well, in many peoples cases, a high powered rifle is the deadliest thing in their house. I'll change it then))
((It's fine if you bring the rifle. It's just that we have 3 snipers. Maybe Marksman? Or Hunter?))

"What idea?"
"Well, we've got all these electric cars lying around out here, right? And there's a portable generator in there we could loot. So, let's find a van or truck or something, plug the generator in, and use that. Going slow, though, so we don't hit anything. But it'll beat walking."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: March 22, 2015, 03:05:28 pm »

"...You do realize you don't just plug a generator in right? It's a complete retiring of the vehicle. There isn't going to be a port that says 'plug generator here.'."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: March 22, 2015, 03:33:06 pm »

"Well, I know electric cars use those thick cables to plug in, but the generator looked like it has one of those. Worst case we'll need an adapter. We should at least check, right? I mean, it would make sense for whatever kind of high-tech alternate society this is to make such things compatible, right?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: March 22, 2015, 04:39:59 pm »

"It would make sense for phones to all have the same bloody plug. Do they? No. They don't. It would make sense for computers to have the same charger. Do they? No. They don't."

"Electric cars have dedicated charging ports. I don't see any of those around here. Plugging a random generator into a car is a way to end up with an explosion of battery acid."

"Lets not forget that if the generator produces more power then the car is equipped to handle, it will blow the engine, the capacitors, and all the batteries. Judging by how it powers An Entire Bloody Building. I'm gonna have to say I sincerely doubt it would be safe to use it to power a car. Hell, lets not forget that we need to start the car also. I may know how to hotwire a car, I however do not know how to hotwire a car I have never seen before. It's quite possible that they don't even have that format of wiring. We'd need keys and some sort of place to safely charge the car. if we find the equivalent of a gas station and plug the generator into that and push a car to the plug, that would be safe."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:49:33 pm by Kevak »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: March 22, 2015, 04:44:38 pm »

((It doesn't power an entire building though. In fact it hardly powers a couple of doors and lights.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: March 22, 2015, 04:49:49 pm »

((IC, my character doesn't know that.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: March 22, 2015, 04:56:49 pm »

"C'mon, let's at least check. As we've seen, even in this place not everything works quite the same as back home."
"We'd all be a lot less traumatized if it could have powered the whole building..."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5681 on: March 23, 2015, 01:22:47 am »

Insane wakes up and exits the pod. He sees a raised dias in the center of the room and sees some kind of screen on it. He picks it up and a bond like iron gripped his left forearm as the screen attached itself to the underside of his arm.

((What do I do now. Do I just skim through the completed rooms or do I have to do a post for every single one?))
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:09:26 am by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: March 23, 2015, 01:25:01 am »

(Wait, what was that about sims and drops?)
(Pass through, brief reactions to content. Depends on where you're headed. Alternately, you could use the teleporter to jump instantly to one of the other groups.)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5683 on: March 23, 2015, 01:30:22 am »

(Wait, what was that about sims and drops?)
(Pass through, brief reactions to content. Depends on where you're headed. Alternately, you could use the teleporter to jump instantly to one of the other groups.)

((I'm going to go with the teleporter option. Will it hurt? Will you lie to me about it not hurting? I'm going to go to Alpha. Sims and drops are about my characters past. It's going to be a character from This book that I wrote. Also when I teleport I want to see/hear the groups reaction. I have no idea where the other groups are, but I like the word alpha, so I'm going with that.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: March 23, 2015, 01:32:54 am »

((I'm not sure if you got the point... you're supposed to play you in this one.))
((Alpha might be a problem, since that group's been inactive for a while. I'll contact Caroline.))
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 427