Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290705 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, WE DID IT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #5685 on: March 23, 2015, 01:34:04 am »

((I'm not sure if you got the point... you're supposed to play you in this one.))
((Alpha might be a problem, since that group's been inactive for a while. I'll contact Caroline.))
((OK, nevermind then, I am playing the character I based off me. Down to the weapon. I'll just go with the most active group))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. Stealing a car?)
« Reply #5686 on: March 23, 2015, 01:42:50 am »

(The other two groups are about equally active, and both in-between challenges at the moment.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5687 on: March 23, 2015, 01:45:14 am »

((I'l go with group 1, They're in a city, and a rifle is better in a city than in a dungeon))
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: March 23, 2015, 01:48:23 am »

((I don't think you quite understand. You aren't playing a character based off you. You're literally playing You.))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5689 on: March 23, 2015, 01:50:45 am »

((I don't think you quite understand. You aren't playing a character based off you. You're literally playing You.))

((When I was writing the book, that character pretty much was me. I was literally writing me as that character. And does it really matter Kevak? Because you're starting to get a reputation as a killjoying nitpicker. I will say no more.))
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:56:34 am by Insanegame27 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: March 23, 2015, 02:19:48 am »

((My reputation for nitpicking is no greater then any of the other people who nitpick. Aka most people who have been here for a while.))

((Personal attacks aren't really functional for any sort of debate.))

((Writing a fictional book makes a character within it inherently Fictional. The rules state quite clearly the character you are to play as is You. Not something from a book based on you. Just simply You.))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5691 on: March 23, 2015, 02:30:44 am »

((GOD DAMNIT KEVAK! I didn't mean to form a personal attack, i just... I mean... It's hard to explain. In short, I'm sorry if you regarded my offhand comment as a personal attack, just, can you maybe, I don't know, tone it down? I mean, does it really matter if it's an exact replica of a nearly exact replica of me from another book? It's close enough to me for the purpose of the story. Also, you're kind of the main nitpicker wherever I post.

((Writing a fictional book makes a character within it inherently Fictional. The rules state quite clearly the character you are to play as is You. Not something from a book based on you. Just simply You.))

This is what I was GOD DAMNITing about and is addressed above. A) Does it really matter? B) The character from the book I wrote is nearly exactly me.

If you want to continue this debate (If it can be called that), let's take it to PM so we don't interrupt the game.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: March 23, 2015, 02:40:52 am »

((Depending on how the book world works (aka if it's effectively identical to irl, no supernatural, no high scifi, relative skills are the same.), it would work. If not, then it would matter, as your character would have an impossible deviance from you that under no circumstances in current reality as we understand it, could you become that character. I can say a character is nearly exactly me, and then give it eye lasers. It's still me. Just with eye lasers.))

((Would it be fair if I used a character from a book that may or may not exist, who's me, but just happens to have eye lasers? I don't think it would be fair.))

((So yes, it does matter. What's the deviance from reality?))

((If you really want, we can continue in pm.))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5693 on: March 23, 2015, 03:39:27 am »

As I said before, I'll go with group 1. Still waiting for response from whether or not teleportation will hurt, just so I can structure a response.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, WE DID IT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #5694 on: March 23, 2015, 05:10:05 am »

Insane wakes up and exits the pod. He sees a raised dias in the center of the room and sees some kind of screen on it. He picks it up and a bond like iron gripped his left forearm as the screen attached itself to the underside of his arm.

((What do I do now. Do I just skim through the completed rooms or do I have to do a post for every single one?))

And I changed my OP/intro

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: March 23, 2015, 05:26:59 am »

As I said before, I'll go with group 1. Still waiting for response from whether or not teleportation will hurt, just so I can structure a response.
((It doesn't hurt the person teleporting, it temporarily blinds anyone looking at the teleport spot and makes a loud noise. It may or may not result in stomach queasyness, it's done that I think once? Not sure.))

"C'mon, let's at least check. As we've seen, even in this place not everything works quite the same as back home."
"We'd all be a lot less traumatized if it could have powered the whole building..."

"..What kind of generator can't power a small building? How big is it?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5696 on: March 23, 2015, 05:42:00 am »

((Ok then. Since I have no idea how the teleporter works I'm just going to skip it.))

BANG

Insanegame27 appears in a puff of smoke

"Hello everyone, what's happenning?"

((also clarification: you don't actually have to be in the army IRL to be in the army here, do you? I don't want to mess up again, at least not before we've done much. I want to root out all inconsistancies early. I am not in special forces IRL, although I do own a rifle, ghille suit etc IRL. But this is RP anyway, right?))
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:44:56 am by Insanegame27 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: March 23, 2015, 06:08:03 am »

((The skills you have irl are the skills you start with in game. You're supposed to be playing as You. Not You in the special forces or You as the pope or what have you. Normally the stuff you come with is commonly used by you if it's clothing, although you technically only need to own it. [why do you have a ghille suit? Is it like for cosplay or something?]))

((That introduction feels a lil odd. Technically IC you don't know that's a teleporter until you step on it. And I have a feeling you (or anyone) would not react so nonchalant about it. I mean, you woke up in a creepy room with tanks in it and suddenly something stabs you and attaches something to your arm and then suddenly the surroundings changed and you're in a post apocalyptic city filled with cats.))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5698 on: March 23, 2015, 06:13:28 am »

((OK, I'm keeping my stuff but changing my class to hunter. Because I actually am a hunter IRL. It's surprising how close you can get to an animal in a ghille suit, provided you stay downwind))

((And yeah, it does seem a bit odd, but as I said, I only just joined and I don't know how to play that IC and I can't be bothered to read through 400+ pages of story (both threads)))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: March 23, 2015, 06:19:24 am »

((Well, you just got a quick lil summary there. You got something stabbed into your arm, and then proceeded to stumble onto a glowing rune and then suddenly cats everywhere and broken buildings.))
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 427