Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290163 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, LOOK OUT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #4245 on: January 02, 2015, 08:54:10 pm »

***Puppets. Why did it have to be puppets. And we're trapped in here for HOW MANY HOURS?***

Arcvasti paces up and down the room nervously.

**I don't even have a proper weapon. Just this scepter. And a coin.**

Arcvasti snaps his fingers nervously, then stops when he thinks about what might be listening.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:44:13 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: January 02, 2015, 09:01:00 pm »

Face growing white, a series of frantically-voiced 'No's trail from Tech's mouth. Gradually, they turn into sobs, wherein she brings her two sleeve-ridden palms to rest atop her face, slowly shaking her head. "No, no, please— no, nononono"
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Ace of Hearts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: January 02, 2015, 09:18:01 pm »

(( Apologies for my long absence ono ))

Ace stood close by the group as they had suddenly rushed into a room. His attention was caught by the voice that began to speak, tell rules, and give information about their present location. Instinctively, he rose his crossbow a bit and frowned. Man didn't this situation seem slightly familiar. And they were in there for what... three hours? Great. "'Good luck'. Tch. Yeah that's the best way to make someone feel better about the situation." He voiced through a harsh mutter. His eyes shifted towards Tech- the female he had arrived with a while earlier- as she proceeded to seemingly freak out. Biting at his lower lip, he slid towards her and moved one of his hands up to pat at her shoulder, following with many 'sh's.
"If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: January 02, 2015, 09:28:56 pm »

((For the record, the voice on the phone sounds exactly like the one from the game.))

"Sheesh, calm down! Yeah, I wouldn't believe him that 'we don't have anything to worry about.' But we've got enough power to just close those doors and lock ourselves in this room, right? Then we just sit tight for 3 hours and make a breakout for the exit. Jeez, from her reaction you'd think she's been here before..."

The CRT monitor flickered on, pure blue except for large white text reading [ERROR: PLEASE SELECT CAMERA FEED]
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: January 02, 2015, 09:48:33 pm »

Arcvasti rushes over to the panel and starts rotating cameras looking for anything odd.

**Not sure that's the best idea. This'll be a prison then. Better to activate them when somethings right on the threshold to pin it down or crush it.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: January 02, 2015, 09:50:52 pm »

"This seems familiar. I got in here September-ish, reality time, and there was this game that was released in August called Five Nights at Freddy's. Limited power, costumed robot things, and security cameras. And, ah, a shitload of jump scares. I'm all for just locking ourselves in, but that, ah, didn't exactly work in the game."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: January 02, 2015, 09:55:37 pm »

(No one knows the difference between 'reality time' and 'in-game time' yet.  As that is information you don't know, your statement doesn't make sense, as you IC would believe it is September.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: January 02, 2015, 10:04:02 pm »

"I don't want to die, I don't want to die..." Tech sniffled, her face remaining hidden. Although it wasn't visible, it must've been tearstained, given the stuffiness forming in her voice. "It's just like the game, and we're going to die to a bunch of freaking animatronics— oh my god..."
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:07:11 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: January 02, 2015, 10:19:53 pm »

SB made no noise during or after the announcement save for a flat "What."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: January 02, 2015, 10:20:00 pm »

(No one knows the difference between 'reality time' and 'in-game time' yet.  As that is information you don't know, your statement doesn't make sense, as you IC would believe it is September.)
(We realized there must be a gap due to discussion when Ace and Tech showed up)

"This seems familiar. I got in here September-ish, reality time, and there was this game that was released in August called Five Nights at Freddy's. Limited power, costumed robot things, and security cameras. And, ah, a shitload of jump scares. I'm all for just locking ourselves in, but that, ah, didn't exactly work in the game."
"Why not?"

Arcvasti rushes over to the panel and starts rotating cameras looking for anything odd.

**Not sure that's the best idea. This'll be a prison then. Better to activate them when somethings right on the threshold to pin it down or crush it.**
((I'll assume you cycled through all the cameras))

Both the laser tag cameras show pitch darkness. Presumably the arena has its own, separate light system.
The laser tag locker area shows the Safety-bot from earlier, no longer slumped over but still motionless.
Kitchen shows what one might expect for a large family junk-food restaraunt: several pizza ovens, a couple deep-fryers, a few massive bulk-dough-mixers, large sinks for dishes, and various other bits and bobs.
Reception shows there are now bars over the doors and windows. Prophet's arm can just barely be seen through the broken window. There's a large covered vent in the other corner of the room.
Dining area shows several long, large tables, covered with festive plastic tablecloth with the chairs stacked on top.
Climate Control shows a furnace and part of an AC system, linked up to airvents that probably spread throughout the building. There's a large covered vent in the corner across from the camera.
On the stage there seem to be 3 more animatronic characters, these ones anthropomorphic animals, all standing motionless. They seem to be a band, as might be expected, with some kind of muppet-looking spider manning a drum set, a racoon holding an accordion, and a giraffe standing next to a keyboard.
Backstage has a table and several shelves lined with what look like spare parts for the character's costumes. There's a large, covered vent across from the camera.
Christmas Corner, presumably the shuttered-off area in the corner of the arcade, contains an animatronic Santa sitting stock-still on a large, festive throne, a giant red sack next to his chair. On the wall is a large sign reading "Remember! Nice children: Do not say bad words. Do not fight. Don't make a mess. Stay within sight of their parents. Be polite to staff members!"
Both the Arcade cameras sweep slowly over the room, but don't seem to show anything that looks like it might be animatronic. Except-
"Hey, wasn't there a knight by that spin-the-wheel game? I don't seem him."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: January 02, 2015, 10:22:40 pm »

"You know the robots are most likely going around, and you know they're most likely dangerous, and you know what sort of shit has already happened in here, and yet you choose to ask that question.
The cynic in me is strangling you right now."
Black lives matter.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: January 02, 2015, 10:28:17 pm »

"The animatronics are going to strangle all of us."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: January 02, 2015, 10:29:51 pm »

"You know the robots are most likely going around, and you know they're most likely dangerous, and you know what sort of shit has already happened in here, and yet you choose to ask that question.
The cynic in me is strangling you right now."
A "HO HO HO" sounds in the distance.
"Well excuse me, but I kinda want to know what happens in that game if you turtle up. Would we be inciting some kind of horrible wrath if we did that? And check around for that Knight, STAT."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: January 02, 2015, 10:32:32 pm »

"Well, according to the laws of the universe that deal with asking questions similar in answer to 'what could possibly go wrong' that I may or may not have just made up, yes, you would most likely be inciting some horrible wrath by asking where the knight is. I never said anything about turtling up."
Black lives matter.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: January 02, 2015, 10:34:22 pm »

(We do to know time difference because we've talked about what's happened before we came in and time thingys so we know time isn't the same)

I'll tank it out at the door entrance incase anything try's to enter
With that Iton stands in the doorway with axe and crowbar in hands
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 427