Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290360 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, OTHER GROUPS: POLL ADDED)
« Reply #1665 on: October 18, 2014, 03:30:32 pm »

"Is there metal or something in the robots? I could attach one or two to this sword and make it less.. limp." It was so hard not to say flaccid, oh my god. "I'd need duct tape or wires, though."
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: October 18, 2014, 03:33:06 pm »

There are wires in the bots

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 18, 2014, 03:33:48 pm »

"Like, nylon wires, not electricity wires."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 18, 2014, 03:41:49 pm »

"Looks like there's some thin metal cables in here that move the digits. Would those work?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 18, 2014, 04:08:53 pm »

Overworld: Town Gate

[1]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VF3FZF3WBs

While dallying behind the gate, a group of shadowy figures leaped out from behind a rather large bush in an effort to engage combat with Propman, hoping to ambush him in the relative darkness of the "night" present in the area, in spite of his close proximity to the town. [8] The adventurer stumbled as he was attacked from behind and attempted to turn and face his adversaries.

The first figure he saw was a strange, puppet-like being wearing suspenders three sizes too large for its emaciated body, with two thin, almost skeletal jointed limbs ending in hands the size of those foam fingers that one would expect to find in an American football tournament. It shouted curses at him, sneering with its ugly, long-nosed veneer. Trailing behind it was another one of those pumpkin monsters which he had ambushed earlier, its glowing candle-lit face grinning back at him eerily as it slithered into view. The last two creatures were plump, almost spherical rodents with blue fur, no taller than a foot, each carrying either a rather large fork or a rather small trident.

"Sorry about the interruption sir, but it would appear that I have company!"

[20]
Propman skillfully dodged the puppet's attempt at slapping him with its grotesque hands and used this opening to fire on group of foes with his gun as a counter attack, letting loose all five rounds at once in rapid succession. [5-2] [17-2] [5-2] [18-2] [11-2] Such an action was a wasteful, inaccurate use of ammo, but two of the shots managed to hit their marks as he hit both the pumpkin monster and one of the rodents, felling both of them before they could attack.

Cackling, the puppet brought its enlarged grabbers down on the pirate's head, [7] smacking the cheeks of his face with a slapstick crack and causing his ears to ring. The vermin likewise managed to close the distance and attempted to attack, [13-2] but Propman kicked it aback before it could sink its weapon into his leg, with some difficulty given his dizziness.

The mariner was huffing as he reached for his letter opener. "I must ask sir, does this sort of thing happen often to you people whenever you venture out!?"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:29:53 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 18, 2014, 04:21:28 pm »

Town Gate - South

The gate slides open, and the guard comes out, pump-action shotgun in hand. "I suggest ya duck!"

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 18, 2014, 04:28:04 pm »

Taking the gate guard's advice, Propman dropped to the ground, [15] allowing him to dodge an attempted strike from the puppet. It was laughing madly as it began clapping its hands together, producing a cracking noise as loud as his gun.

The vermin was now attempting to flee the scene after seeing the guard come out as well as its comrades get cut down, [8] but it stumbled on a stone and rolled around helplessly on its curved back.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 18, 2014, 04:32:31 pm »

"...they seem to be doing alright. Aside from that one you left back at the start. Hmm, where are you now? I seem to have lost place."

(Order for this is trap-my dodge-draugr dodge)

(11)(8)(1)(13) - (19)(16)(8) - (16)(13)(1) - (15)(18)(14)(7) - (2) - (19)(11)(9) - (5) - (7) - (10)(12)(12) - (3) - (5)

The narrator returns to a chaotic scene.  The Draugr have been slain by a variety of traps, such as crushed by swinging spiked walls, impaled by spears, or shot by darts, or are chasing Zanzetkuken around the room as he tries to set off every trap within the room.

"Hello again," He said, his clothes partially torn and his skin playing host to a few light wounds, as he (12) ran over another pressure plate and (15) narrowly dodged the trap, (1) unlike one of the draugr that was following him.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: October 18, 2014, 04:45:53 pm »

Taking the gate guard's advice, Propman dropped to the ground, [15] allowing him to dodge an attempted strike from the puppet. It was laughing madly as it began clapping its hands together, producing a cracking noise as loud as his gun.

The vermin was now attempting to flee the scene after seeing the guard come out as well as its comrades get cut down, [8] but it stumbled on a stone and rolled around helplessly on its curved back.
The guard blows the puppet monster apart before opening fire on the other creatures, hitting some of them as they flee. He speaks casually between shots. "People don't often like to be leave town, especially once the night cycle starts, though we don't often get monsters stupid enough ta come right up ta the gate. Ye best be getting inside immediately."

Truth

"Ah yes, the Draugr. One moment..." The sound of pages turning comes from the air. "...Beyond the bookshelf... cold, dark crypt... here we are. Having dealt with the all too familiar foes, [Zanz real name] had to wonder why they and their lair were here. He would find hints to these answers further into the bowels of this place."

(How many segments are you planning on doing?)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 18, 2014, 04:58:51 pm »

Arcvasti completely refuses to loot the bodies of his bots.

**Not touching those.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: October 18, 2014, 05:11:19 pm »

"In that case, should we get a move on?" HugoLuman goes back over to the cushion and scoops up the projector.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: October 18, 2014, 05:16:10 pm »

One moment~ Kevak gives the rPom one last lookaround for loot.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 18, 2014, 05:18:33 pm »

I guess I'll take the pickaxe?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 18, 2014, 05:20:36 pm »

Kevak pauses the search, gets out one of the Dwarven Pickaxes, and hands it to Prophet before continuing searching. Here you go~

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 18, 2014, 05:21:43 pm »

Thanks senpai!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 427