Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290910 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Pulling himself up from that fail, HugoLuman realized that the walls were mostly unspattered, so he set about trying to write another message.

ZANZ MARK FRM DRGON FRM THS ROOM
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:45:35 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Question, why were you trying to jump up there?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Figuring he can write faster with larger letters, HugoLuman hastily scrawls
CURE

He then tries leaping again, (9) nearly making it but failing to catch anything and almost faceplanting into the floor below.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:44:50 pm by HugoLuman »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm... Kevak looks at the ledge, before looking at the corpses, he then looks back at the ledge. Haaaaas anybody here played body ladder before~?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"Just boost me up again. I'll get you up like last time."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman wasn't really sure he could boost like this, since his bipedal posture was hunched almost all the way over. And he wasn't sure how well SB could pull him up, since he could hardly grab anything. But he gave his best approximation of a shrug, and stood next to the wall with his shoulders squared to act like a footstool.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We could just, stack the bodies you know~ There are more then enough~

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"Kevak. I'm gonna give you this one chance to cut the creepy shit."
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, it's a legitimate option, they aren't using the bodies anymore, I don't think they would mind too much if the bodies were used for a stairway.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

In the commotion, Propman had since found himself wandering alone once again, having taken a wrong turn in the corridors and somehow managed to trip face first into the sands of the chess room once more. "Sorry lads, I'll catch up to you short-" Looking down from his splayed out knees, the wayward adventurer noticed something peculiar. What he had tripped upon was not the sand as he first suspected, but rather some sort of object made up of polished marble and wood. Attempting to lift himself up, [2] he stumbles yet again and face-plants into the sand once more, this time losing his hat in the process.

"Urk!"

[14] after yet another attempt, the privateer managed to get back onto his legs, and took the moment to brush the sand out of his tricorne before placing back upon his head. He glanced down upon the object, and after a bit of critical thinking [17] determines that it is a rather intricate lever. It was quite the work of art for something meant to be hidden; the handle had an intricate chessboard pattern of white and black marble partially cladding the wooden dowel, which itself was a swirl of ebony and creamy white. The tip of the lever ended in a crown, similar to the one on the king chess-piece he had dueled against a mere few hours ago.

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
You hear the wind blow violently.
╚══════════════════════════════════╝

The hairs on the back of his head stood up as he heard something approaching from the room he had left just moments before. The same sense of dread he possessed when being chased by the mavolent force was felt, and it appeared that it had caught him by surprise this time. For some reason, Propman could not bear to look behind in order to face the door it was no doubt entering the room through, but looking at the door leading to the cathedral room, it appeared as if it were miles away, and his legs felt as stiff as stone as he attempted to move towards it.

Thinking as quickly as he could, Propman kicked the lever, in a hope that whatever it did would distract the entity to buy him time to flee. One of the walls adjacent to him groaned, and part of it began to depress, revealing a hidden door. Now frantic, the privateer waited as he felt the force closing in. A few seconds later, and enough of the door was revealed for him to squeeze his body through [18] and into a shallow corridor, dropping his tied-up greatcoat onto the floor in the process. The door in front of him was made of metal and wood, appearing much like a push door one would find in an educational building, though he had nary the time to contemplate the craftsmanship of the door in the same way he did the lever.

Propman shoved the door aside and dove in without a second thought in a last-ditch effort to evade the force, who he now sensed was present on the area he stood moment before. His vision went black as he felt himself...tumbling?
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Since that looks like it happened while we were reacting to Zanz, it's probably too late to react to it. Should we try to follow you anyway?)

HugoLuman shuddered. He didn't like the idea of having much more to do with these corpses, especially since the wolf brain was suggesting some rather vile things, but he didn't see anything else they could stack. Still, he'd really rather try the boost first. He looked up at the ledge and back to SB, remaining in position to act as a footstool.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

(I say that you should at least make the return trip to the hub before going after me/noticing I'm not present. Not that it matters too much, as I shouldn't be in any immediate danger...for the time being.)

*Thud*

Propman woke up with somewhat of a headache (though luckily his hat, which was now off of his head and one the ground once more, cushioned a great deal of the blow) as his consciousness slowly returned. Groaning as he lifted himself into action, he noticed a few key features of the room even before he was fully able to utilize his vision, which was still dulled; for one thing, it appeared that he was lying on some sort of carpet, as the palms of his hands pressed down on the plush bristles, a welcome divergence from the stones, sands, concretes and metals he had spent most of the day prior traversing, as well as the air being a good few degrees warmer, with the faint scent of coffee being notable over a much stronger dusty smell, akin to that of a museum.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516927

Rubbing his eyelids, Propman glanced at the area surrounding him. The floor was indeed a rather large carpet of a red and beige checkerboard-pattern strewn across a floor of what seemed to be corrugated stone. The walls in front of him superficially appeared to be made out of concrete, yet even with his impaired vision he could tell that they were too shiny, and were actually flat polygonal faces with a concrete texture applied over them, much like the objects in the dining room. Nevertheless, they seemed to go up a considerable length before ending near the ceiling, which was a skybox depicting an evening sky; unmoving clouds and a lack of a sun made it rather clearly fake, in spite of the photo-realism.

The layout of the room was that of a rather wide rectangle, and it seemed to span a considerable distance; perhaps even a mile. Behind the adventurer was one of the aforementioned walls. A look up revealed the door from which he fell: A black rectangle with the words "exit" on top, placed on a considerably elevated section of the room; out of his reach at any rate. Figuring that he wouldn't be able to get back up without some sort of object, undoubtedly to be found in the room, Propman shook his head at the current situation, and went off for just that: items, starting north.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Alright. Though my meta goal here is to meet up with the other group somehow before too long.)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

Minefield

GentlemanRaptor nods.

"Right. If nobody else is coming, we'll go then. Do you want point, McDonald? My rifle won't do much good if something jumps me the moment I walk in a room."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(GR, mind if the GM takes control of one of the marines?)
(Also, I think we might be stuck in the cathedral until SB responds. Or Zanz wakes up.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 10:09:38 pm by HugoLuman »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 427