Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290856 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB climbs onto Hugo and then the ledge without anything too interesting happening.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

HugoLuman leaps up as far as he can, hoping SB catches him.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SB lets Hugo fall [5] manages to catch Hugo, pulling him up fine.
Black lives matter.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

The Museum: Exterior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tucbfWQZLqw

An object came up into Propman's line of sight as he marched towards presumably the eastern section of the expansive area, making sure to keep in line with the exit, serving as a landmark. With no danger in immediate view, he was in no immediate rush to get to any particular section of the floor, so he took his time moving through.

"Ya know, these boots have been killing my feet after trundling through them for such a long period..."

Propman kicked off his low boots as he started to move through the carpet on his socks. His feet began to loosen as they were no longer confined to gripping their ill-fitting prison of leather, improving both the adventurer's stance and stride as he closed into his designated target. A good look at it revealed a chess board, much like a miniature version of the chess room prior to the floor getting scrambled, down to the chess pieces having a scale resemblance to his prior adversaries, though it was all somewhat crude and jagged, being composed of polygons rather then true plastic or stone.

Glancing at the curious display, he pondered what this could mean. Looking behind his back as an extra precaution, he made his first move as the white side, moving a pawn to b4.

♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒
▒♙▒▓▒▓▒▓
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒
♙▓♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

His heart picked up pace as he anticipated something to happen in reaction. Quite likely the board would come to life, and he would be facing a phantom chess master in a second round of the dangerous game, if not become part of the battle itself. A minute passed, then two. Then three...

Studying his pocket watch, ten minutes ticked by without anything peculiar occurring. Propman took a good look at the chess board, staring the miniature black king in the eyes. Did he perform the wrong move? He placed the pawn back into its starting position and made a different move, instead opting to move the d pawn, again with no results. He then started taking turns for the black side, moving pawns, then rooks, then knights, at this point being more occupied in getting the board to respond then playing an intelligent game, all with little results.

"Why won't you do anything!?" The adventurer exclaimed aloud, swiping a large bead of sweat from his brow as he pondered what he was to do.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:19:58 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Disentangling himself from SB, HugoLuman looks around. Yep. 7 corpses. The unidentifiable remains that were there initially, Zanz' old body, and 5 dead werewolves. Then he realized. Oh crap, which one was it? He started going around to each of the bodies, looking for some detail that might remind him, but he just couldn't remember, and let out an involuntary frustrated growl. One of them had nearly blinded him at the start of the fight, so he had never really seen which one had bitten him. He was going to need some help. All the blood around seemed to have dried, so the only thing he could think of was going back over to SB and nudging him.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah?"
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman poked at the pocket where SB had put the iPhone

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, right."

SB hands the phone to Hugo, after showing him the password for it.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The touchscreen was a bit hard to work, but he supposed it was probably better than a tiny keyboard. Eventually he opened the notes ap, as SB had suggested, and after a few seconds (with the help of autocomplete) typed

Idk which one
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:06:16 am by HugoLuman »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((SG.
Sentient Gowtie.
Why am I laughing this hard.))

"Well, shit."
Black lives matter.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

After glaring at the board for another minute, Prop figured he was only making a fool of himself in front of an unseen audience, and nabbed the black king piece out of spite before marching onwards, looking for something else to interact with. The earlier shouting was a much needed vent he had to do anyway, and it was only the better that nobody he could see was there to witness such a silly display. A drawn out trot and he went further still, this time using the chessboard as the next closest point of return. If it weren't for the fact he was unable to immediately leave the room, Propman would consider this area almost relaxing in comparison to the rest of the dungeon; sans for some inexplicable piano musac coming from the west, it was rather quiet, while the the atmosphere was not to hot nor too cold. He contemplated simply laying on the floor, resting until Hugo and the rest of his crew figured out he wasn't among them, and used their problem-solving skills to get him out of the predi-

Propman slapped himself across the face, making a rather rich slapstick noise the resonated across the area. No, we was NOT going to be the load of the group, and they certainly wouldn't be happy if they figured they had to "rescue" him on an on and off basis. He refocused as he near-hugged the southern wall. His next clue came into the form of graffiti textured onto it in blurry, decompressed typeface, coming into view after a good minute's walk.

Quote from: Graffiti #1
"Forced perspective is an optical illusion that uses your point of view to fool the eye. It makes objects seem smaller or larger than they actually are. Even the most massive objects in the universe can be tamed using your imagination. If by proceeding you agree to waive all moral concerns and metaphysical risks.

-Fellow Wanderer; I'm transcribing this from the museum's interior in case anybody else has to solve this puzzle. Don't end up like the person on the end of the eastern wall! Move onto the next section!

Wondering a bit how someone could write on the polygonal walls in such a fashion, Propman pondered. Those words seemed familiar. In fact, this whole room seemed a bit familiar now that he thought about it, as if he saw something a bit like it once before. Not delaying, he went forward, coming across more graffiti.

Quote from: Graffiti #2
Okay, I'm not going to quote the plaques anymore; going in between rooms is too much effort. Basically, use that thing attached on your arm/leg/whathaveyou on one of the virtual items. It'll project it to the end of your line of sight, causing it to shrink or expand depending on your perspective relative to it. Point it near a wall and walk to it while hovering it to get it closer, and most likely cause it to increase in size. Remember, it's YOUR perspective; be VERY careful when using this stuff near other people, or you might sent a rock colliding into them at light speed, or worse, crush somebody! Also, you can't do this outside of the museum area: You can tell if you're inside it based on the coffee scent! Weird, eh?

-Fellow Wanderer; PS, if you're wondering how I'm writing like this, it's because my class is Hacker. Damn useless for most anything else in this fantasy wasteland. If you see any other text written on virtual walls, it's likely me or one of my class compatriots.

Huh. That must mean that other groups traversing the dungeon are a certainty, assuming that they didn't also settle into a town like the hub. Though, that led to a question coming up in the adventurer's mind: If this room was already solved once before, it must have been reset at some point. Would the rooms his group solved reset, too? Bah, he was here for less then a full day. If they did, then they must do so in weeks or some other drawn out period of time, and would likely not effect him or the others if they kept making progress. Deciding to test the hacker's statements, he took out the black king and set it on the floor. Pulling up his puffy sleeve, he revealed the Pip-Boy-like device and directed it at the diminutive king, pointing it at an angle so as to stop it a fair distance close to the western wall, squinting at it to make sure he was in-line with the illusion. He flicked his wrist, then started to fiddle with the buttons, not exactly knowing what he was supposed to do. He placed the upper palm over the HUD, and after a moment of feeling the cold, glassy screen, it started to tingle a bit. The king lifted in the air, and what's more, he could physically feel the airflow being obstructed by it as it grew in size into a jagged doppelganger of the chessroom guardian. Smiling at his success, he again lifted it using the machine, this time moving it away from him through angling against the wall, causing it to shrink until it was once more small enough to fit into his pocket.

Now that he figured out the room's mechanics, he needed to find a way to bridge the exit.

Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

(GR, mind if the GM takes control of one of the marines?)
(Also, I think we might be stuck in the cathedral until SB responds. Or Zanz wakes up.)
((That's fine.))
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minefield

A shout comes from the hall "It's been more than five minutes! What's your status, Johnson?"

Werewolf Room

HugoLuman clumsily types some more, again thankful for autocomplete.

What 2 do?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Blitz continues staring off into space, as he has been doing for the past (insert amount of time that has passed since he has hunkered down to look at Cryxis/Iton/Whatever.). His eyebrows occasionally make weird gestures, as do his hands and arms, and his lips move sometimes, although anyone capable of lip reading would not recognise it as a language of any sort.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SB shrugs.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 427