Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104611 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Beginning Of The End
« Reply #495 on: February 17, 2015, 11:16:22 pm »

Can you do me a favor and order about 160000 vibrant alloys from my ME system for me? :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 18, 2015, 12:34:20 am »

If you're serious, yeah.  :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #497 on: February 18, 2015, 12:51:33 am »

I am, it'll take a while to make enough vibrant alloy for enoenough capacitors for 1 TRF. If my CPUs aren't big enough to handle it, just order as many as you can. If I don't have enough materials (probably glowstone), throw redstone into a botania pool with Transmutation :P

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 18, 2015, 04:17:21 am »

Just a note: I'm not requiring that you store all the RF in a huge capacitor bank. You could also for example store it in a bunch of flux capacitors kept in a barrel or a storage cell or something.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 18, 2015, 04:55:58 am »

So...apparently rank S to SS on the Terra Shatterer requires the equivalent of 10,000 mana pools. That's a lot of mana.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #500 on: February 18, 2015, 05:09:08 am »

Just a note: I'm not requiring that you store all the RF in a huge capacitor bank. You could also for example store it in a bunch of flux capacitors kept in a barrel or a storage cell or something.
I still think that the capacitor bank would be a better idea because of how fast you can get power into them compared to other means. Eg, the resonant flux capacitor has a max transfer rate of 10k rf/t.

1 Tera is a very very big number... :P

So...apparently rank S to SS on the Terra Shatterer requires the equivalent of 10,000 mana pools. That's a lot of mana.

You could try powering the explosion flowers, or thermalilies with Serenade of the Nether.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:10:51 am by Skyrunner »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 18, 2015, 05:21:11 am »

I am, it'll take a while to make enough vibrant alloy for enoenough capacitors for 1 TRF. If my CPUs aren't big enough to handle it, just order as many as you can. If I don't have enough materials (probably glowstone), throw redstone into a botania pool with Transmutation :P

How much energy did we calculate I have, including potential energy? 180,000 x ~768 = 138,240,000rf + the 11M i have in my banks currently, generating at 480rf/t.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 18, 2015, 06:13:15 am »

To generate a teraflux in 10 days (~1000000 seconds or ~5000000 ticks), you'll need to produce at least 200k RF/t for the entire length of the challenge. In fact, you'll probably need much more production than that, because I don't think you have nearly enough resources right now to craft all the capacitor banks or whatever you're gonna store all the flux in. This is actually possible though, because of exponential growth and stuff.

I did a few calculations for the most important resource barriers you'll find: If you use redstone flux capacitors, you'll need 4.5m redstone (about 1 redstone per tick!). If you use resonant capacitors, you'll need 1.3m redstone, 100k diamonds and 200k enderium, which means 100k platinum (one shiny every ten seconds). If you use vibrant capacitor banks, you'll need 640k diamonds, 3.7m redstone and 1.3m glowstone. If you use regular capacitor banks, you'll need 7m redstone and 1.6m glowstone.

These figures come without warranty and I may have miscalculated, but I'm fairly certain they're right.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #503 on: February 18, 2015, 06:58:54 am »

Seeing that I don't think I have 5m redstone... impossible?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 18, 2015, 07:35:38 am »

You just need to upgrade your mining speed. TwilightWalker just made a 150k rf/t power plant, that could actually be enough to get the resources within the time limit (although not the RF).

EDIT: Also good news everyone! I got the lag away, the server's now running at a mere 30% capacity! So you can go abuse it a lot before it'll get laggy again.

EDIT2: Please refrain from having animal farms full of idle animals in the future. I recommend making spawners that kill your animals immediately after using them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:41:16 am by MagmaMcFry »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #505 on: February 18, 2015, 07:39:52 am »

Well, for the lag I had my quarry off...

I still probably have nowhere near 5m redstone and probablu never will. :x Maybe if I had kept my quarry on through the many days.

Edit; Most animal pens full of idle animals is probably because there's no good way to automate animal killing pre-endgame. Meanwhile, automated animal spawning is easy with manual breeding or a feed station

Edit 2: The resonant flux capacitor seems like the easiest route for all this RF. I may have to increase the number of winsome bees from 1 to maybe 7 to match demand (they currently produce one shiny a minute) and maybe introduce redstone bees.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:10:56 am by Skyrunner »

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 18, 2015, 10:09:10 am »

guess I can attempt at making a neat castle in the twilight forest...

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 18, 2015, 04:13:38 pm »

So....

Permission to (ab)use aer fire?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:01:55 pm by TwilightWalker »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 18, 2015, 04:35:14 pm »

What the hell, GregTech. What the hell.

So....

Permission to (ab)use aer fire?
Absolutely not. Elemental fire will wreck the server's shit, leave it alone for two minutes and it'll be basically unstoppable. Except perditio fire, that's only there to stop other fire, but it does a horrible job at that. Also your link is broken.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 18, 2015, 05:14:57 pm »

Link fixed, and I tested what it was about, it /should/ be safe in the manner it was used.

Also, turbines got up to full spin, about 28k RF/t per turbine, and six turbines, leaves us at a 168k RF/t total. Assuming perfect 20 ticks per second, that's 3.36million RF/second, 201million RF/minute, 12billion RF/hour, and 290billion RF/day. A little under three and a half days of running to get the TeraFlux

Oh, and that's with the reactor at 43% control rod insertion, meaning i could probably fit four or so more turbines onto it. So if it's Power you seek, simply turn to the number of the Beast, and receive it's blessing.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 79