Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104597 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Hell Froze Over, Got Fired
« Reply #480 on: February 17, 2015, 11:58:54 am »

IIRC you can selectively enable and disenable a set of mods depending on your 'era', probably chosen at world gen. Eg, if you choose Iron Age you'd get TCon and stuff, Industrial Age gets IC2 and buildcraft and stuff...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #481 on: February 17, 2015, 12:20:56 pm »

I'm stuck on my shitty laptop for a few months, but if you happen to choose a modpack that isn't too demanding, I might join in. There's always my peaceful pack. ; D

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 17, 2015, 12:23:43 pm »

Resonant Rise is really bloated, though.
If we're going with Resonant Rise, PLEASE disable big trees, it makes everything look really awful.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2015, 12:45:20 pm »

I'm pretty sure we can add missing bits (or disable extra bits) to most modpacks if they're wanted enough like gendustry or applecore Sky, Dark trilogy is probably the most customized one I've played. Its just a bit more effort with the ftb launcher, or adding to the server folder.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2015, 01:29:49 pm »

Just hopping in to say:
1) I've completed every single Thaumcraft research that I'm aware of. Anyone want to see the Tome of Knowledge Sharing I made? As a warning, it'll give you around 45 permanent warp, which is enough that bad things will happen pretty regularly.
2) I'm currently lighting up the roof of the Outer Lands, which should allow you all to see the maze in your minimap, which should make navigating far easier.
3) I'm making an effort to make the entry to the OL safer, but I'm not sure what I can do about the Guardians that spawn around the overworld side of the portal. If anyone had any ideas, they'd be useful.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 17, 2015, 04:55:19 pm »

I too, wouldn't mind a server reset, or even a modpack change. I think I'm probably somewhere in the top 10 of those losing the most, but I don't mind, most of the fun is in getting there.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 17, 2015, 07:08:25 pm »

Ok, one last update on the OL, namely that I am done mapping it.
Spoiler: final map (click to show/hide)
The golden-colored circle room is the portal.

As for the reset, I guess I'm ok with it? I mean, it would really suck that I lose all my research right when I finish, but I'm not losing that much actual stuff, barring the few days I sank into getting everything.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 17, 2015, 07:54:58 pm »

Wow that's impressive X!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 17, 2015, 08:00:47 pm »

Okay, just to be clear: I never actually mentioned wanting to reset the server. But since nobody seems to actually oppose the thought, I'll just do that. I hereby declare that the server will reset on the first of March (which is a Sunday). No exact time yet, but it'll be sometime in the evening. I'll choose a nice mid-sized modpack, and I'll set the Thaumcraft research to easy mode (skipping the research minigame).

In the meantime (it's still over a week until then), how about I declare official endgame mode on the server? You guys can give each other challenges or something. For example you could request a duel with another player, and compete for an objective set by a third player.

Here's some challenges, from me to the server. No new server until these are complete >:|

1) Clear the taint biome.
2) Make a Rank SS Terra Shatterer.
3) Build a neat castle on the thorny mountain in the Twilight Forest.
4) Generate and store 1 teraflux.
5) Spawn and defeat five enderdragons at once.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 17, 2015, 08:01:28 pm »

Wow that's impressive X!
Eh, I pretty much just cut down a swath of forest (probly gonna turn it into a golem tree/rubber farm to fuel a tool repair system), charcoaled it, made ~21 stacks or torches and walked. It was actually very relaxing.

Except of course for the gaddam runes. I don't care that magic works differently, things should not be able to hit through Eldritch Void and bedrock. The little buggers gave me heart attacks.

EDIT:
-snip-
LET'S DO THIS.

Though I've found that the minigame is actually far cheaper (and thus faster) than point-buys, mostly because you could pretty easily reduce it to a terrae-metalum chain, with gelum to bridge into ordo or arbor to bridge to air.

Personally, I like the minigame more, but I can see why it's disliked and the point-buy system preferred.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:07:50 pm by XXXXYYYY »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Beginning Of The End
« Reply #490 on: February 17, 2015, 08:38:52 pm »

Oh.... just as I was finishing the railway up too.

I guess we'll have to go on a big huge train ride all as a group. (Steam locomotive limit seems to be about 5 passengers, but I can make another locomotive.)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #491 on: February 17, 2015, 08:55:35 pm »

1 teraRF is a lot ... 200000 resonant energy cells. And it'd take 23 days of charging to do with my current reactor, though I could remove the control rods and burn fuel less efficiently for more powah.

Can somebody find out how much RF a vibrant capacitor bank stores?

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 17, 2015, 10:19:59 pm »

1 teraRF is a lot ... 200000 resonant energy cells. And it'd take 23 days of charging to do with my current reactor, though I could remove the control rods and burn fuel less efficiently for more powah.

Can somebody find out how much RF a vibrant capacitor bank stores?

25 Million. You build the storage. I'll build the TURBINES.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #493 on: February 17, 2015, 10:26:30 pm »

1 TRF is a bit too big. That's 40000 vibrant capacitor banks, or 110 (!) 7x7x7 banks of capacitors. Unless there's some Infinite RF Bank item like the infinite lattank, I'll have to write this off as "too long to do".

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 17, 2015, 11:02:50 pm »

Currently 'working' on the SS Terra Shatterer. It's currently B rank. I'm sitting between two Rosa Arcana with 388 levels, with 45 Endoflames sucking up coal blocks behind me.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 79