Sinister
- 3 (5.6%)
Haunted
- 3 (5.6%)
(some other boring thing)
- 2 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Lethithelire Abeco Athama: An Elven Fortress  (Read 9962 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Lethithelire Abeco Athama: An Elven Fortress
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2014, 10:40:54 pm »

Screenies up.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:58:46 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2014, 08:42:29 am »

Wood for the wood queen, rabbits for the rabbit throne!

I might be wrong, but is the wall going through the river? Couldn't a swimming invader swim below it? I'm unsure myself, but ever since the climbing skill came along I'm not sure what anything does anymore.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2014, 08:54:17 am »

you're right.it is indeed dangerous.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2014, 08:55:39 am »

Wood for the wood queen, rabbits for the rabbit throne!

I might be wrong, but is the wall going through the river? Couldn't a swimming invader swim below it? I'm unsure myself, but ever since the climbing skill came along I'm not sure what anything does anymore.
That sir, is a brook, and should be safe unless you puncture it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2014, 08:57:03 am »

That sir, is a brook, and should be safe unless you puncture it.

Ninja'd! I was just about to post that but you got there first.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2014, 12:59:13 pm »

Oh, ok then. Thanks mate  :P I've gotten rusty on my ASCII reading, I see.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2014, 09:26:53 pm »

Strike the Earth!

edit: this is so horribly ironic, there's a metric ton of lignite and bituminous coal on this map but elves can't smelt things.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:12:17 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2014, 10:27:12 pm »

Strike the Earth!

edit: this is so horribly ironic, there's a metric ton of lignite and bituminous coal on this map but elves can't smelt things.
How can you infuse wood with metal, then? Does it all have to be imported, or is there a special way?

EDIT: Nevermind. Realized you don't need to smelt to infuse since it uses ores.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:29:19 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2014, 12:00:13 am »

And that's year one. Who's up next?
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9733

I played 40.11, btw.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2014, 12:25:03 am »

Oh. See, I was unsure if we were going to do this as a succession or just following fort, but it's clear now. Still, everyone else pretty much just asked to be "elfed". If than or the others before me want to claim the turn, they should be able to do so, but since I'm playing 40.11 right now, might I perhaps ask to be next?

If nobody who was elfed before me minds, of course.

panstach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2014, 02:27:03 am »

KingMurdoc, make a list of players in the first post, I'm downloading it now. Sheo, should I elf you?

Edit: oh well, there WAS a list. I'll try to finish my turn and upload the save today/tomorrow.

Edit2: small sneak peek
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:24:18 am by panstach »

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2014, 09:36:16 am »

KingMurdoc, make a list of players in the first post, I'm downloading it now. Sheo, should I elf you?

Edit: oh well, there WAS a list. I'll try to finish my turn and upload the save today/tomorrow.

Edit2: small sneak peek

That'd be great, mate. I voted for being elfed into a Hammerelf, but if one isn't available, I understand.

Also even then, the first post needs some updatin'.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2014, 11:40:12 am »

That... looks nothing like my game. What are all of these towers for?
GM of Trespassers V2.

panstach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2014, 11:56:08 am »

While you dirty beardlovers like to play in the dirt, we - REAL elves - live in the magnificent trees.  ;)

panstach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »

So, here it is. The second year of our wonderful stronghold. Our previous advisor, King Murdoc decided to dedicate his life to woodsinging. It's time for someone competent to take over the leadership.

==============================
Huh.

Those giant birds flying over our heads would kill us without a problem, I've decided to set a butcher and tanner workshop outside the walls to produce so much needed armor and quivers for our future soldiers.

While the workers were summoning a giant tree south from the camp I've chosen the bravest elves for our first squad:
- Grim Portent, an aspiring swordself ready to defend the stronghold
- Quartz_Mace, nible and lightfooted warrior
- Bleedheart, dark-skinned fellow. He loves his spears.
Cult of Silkness is ready to fight!

We have completed the storage room, freeing some space in the main stronghold. It was about that time that elven caravan has arrived bearing terrible news. Confederacies of Carnage has been conquering all neighbor sites.

We won't share their fate. Barracks building was summoned to help us organize the military aspect of our lives.

Wild unicorns! It's going to be a fine training for our military. Excited we grabbed the weapons and rushed to the forest.

...we are doomed. Our arrows can't even pierce the skin of our foes. I've ordered the squad to come back. We will set a few traps and pray that we can trade something from the merchants.

I spoke with an elf called Tom-Bombadil who had an idea of moving the river itself, creating a natural barrier for the enemies. I gave him my blessings to do whatever he wanted and soon, the water has risen, covering the land. It will take some time but might buy us enough time in case of enemy attack.

Humans have arrived. While their weapons and armors were too big for us, we've traded the useless arrows for boxes full of leather and food.

We've walled the animal pasture and moved all creatures there. Finally, I won't have to clean shit off my shoes every time I leave the barracks.

Flooding of the area is going slowly but without any bigger incident. I've ordered furniture for my humble apartment.
Our bowyer has been acting strange, demanding wood, bones and gems. Curious about it I listened to his demands and ordered the production - soon enough, Thone Leloliyiyi has returned with a blowgun in his hands.

now, if we only had any darts..
Dwarven traders have come. Normally we would have ordered to shoot the hairy monsters dead but seeing our arrows are good for nothing we let them in. We've traded the useless trinkets and even more useless arrows for metal armors and weapons - while crude, they should provide us with enough power against the monsters lurking in the night. It seems that beardfolk have been digging earlier in this area and provided us with interesting informations. If we dig deeper, said the dwarf, we would discover vast caverns with rich gold veins. I've ordered one of the elf to check the rumor and soon enough...

...we threw extra 50 arrows for that information and set cage traps in the underground. Dwarven merchant were extatic and promised to return next year with even more goods.

The work on the upper floor of the stronghold is going well. It's been a boring year so I could order everyone to help. Two trees have been turned into dormitories and I've personally furnished King Murdoc's room. He grumbled a bit about the size but it's the best we can afford right now. In the meantime two exotic beasts were caught in the cage traps. A giant toad and an albino crocodile, we've never seen anything like this so let the beasts calm down a bit in a cage before we decide anything.

A tragedy! Lali Ibenaimepe, our woodsinger discovered three bodies in the river - one adult and two babies drowned. While the adult, was mere a skeleten by the time we've found him, two babies were fresh corpses. This event made me resign, I will defend my friends and family as a soldier, good luck to the next guy!

To the next leader:
- I've moved the farms and I left it to you to decide what crops we should plant. It's not like we will ever get ANY problems with food anyway.
- Training the squad should be a priority now, equip the rest of the squad with leather and set another one to defend against goblins.
- The most boring part of building walls and floors almost completed, expand the way you want.
- We will get soon powerful enough to kill human and dwarf traders.
- Craftsdwarf is pumping masterwork items and arrows, give him a break and a nice house, ok?
- Can underground beasts be tamed?
- we have to somehow deal with the corpses
===============================
Spoiler: MAP 01 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MAP 02 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MAP 03 (click to show/hide)

link to save soonn~~
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8