Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 115368 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #525 on: February 01, 2020, 12:17:25 pm »

I'm down.  Loved the Museum games from the very first.  Still have great memories of Dinnerwandered and the Cave fish-man vampire who was the Museum Curator.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 01, 2020, 01:23:42 pm »

I would be happy to host this again. ( I still remember how the fish man curator died and left a pile of 31.000 human bone trinkets on the museum floor. Nobody felt responsible for cleaning that up.)

We can keep this thread open to set up the game and decide on the rules

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 01, 2020, 01:34:16 pm »

I can't believe both of you are still around. I never really participated, but I loved the stories. A museum ought to be far more interesting this time around, what with artifacts and adventure mode bone carving.

I propose a small mod that allows adventure mode stone carving, wood carving, and gem setting. Possibly even more crafts. I could make one for you if you're interested.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 01, 2020, 03:05:09 pm »

If this ever happened, would People be interested in making some of the Non-Dwarven Civs playable in Fort Mode?

I propose a small mod that allows adventure mode stone carving, wood carving, and gem setting. Possibly even more crafts. I could make one for you if you're interested.
+1
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 01, 2020, 03:08:03 pm »

I'd give it a whirl, though adventure mode is not my strong point.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 01, 2020, 06:04:02 pm »

Ye, gotta do this again. It was "lit"

...As soon as babies stop riding their mothers to death like overworked ponies, among other game-breaking issues that have been found.

So far, though, it's been pretty stable.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 02, 2020, 05:43:09 am »

Toady seems to enjoy posting about the more exotic bugs, so I'm sure he'll rein in the unruly babies.  🙂

But it indeed seems more stable than most new releases. We may be able to start relatively soon.  I'll experiment a bit with new features like adventuring parties to see how we can fit those into the rules. I'm currently thinking about allowing a small party when starting as a peasant, and none as a hero, but we will have to see.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 02, 2020, 08:39:55 am »

:D glad to see this coming along! I might even participate because how much more free time im getting from that DAMN LUNG DISEASE THINGY CHINA IS EXPIRENCING

On the bright side tho, the government is actively promoting people to stay at home.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 04, 2020, 06:06:55 pm »

Alright, I might as well start thinking about this mod. What skills do we want to use? How far this list do we want to go?
 - Bonecarving (by hand, vanilla)
 - Stonecarving (by hand)
 - Woodcarving (by hand)
 - Gem Setting (by hand)
 - Metalcrafter (at forge)
 - Metalsmith? (at forge)
 - Weaponsmith? (at forge)
 - Armorsmith? (at forge)
 - More????

I can see people setting up forts with huge stockpiles and workshop areas just so that adventurers can make crafts. I could honestly make reactions for everything a dwarf can do in fort mode, but I don't want to go to that much effort. I was just going to do crafts and encrusting/studding.

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 07, 2020, 09:13:34 am »

I'd like to join in on this.
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 07, 2020, 09:26:37 am »

We should definitely make a new thread when we restart this.
About how long should we wait for bugfixes?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 07, 2020, 02:07:46 pm »

Bugfixes have arrived!

I might have to join in, if you lot do this again. Was a fun tale to peruse, the first time 'round.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 07, 2020, 02:32:18 pm »

One set of bugfixes have arrived, yes, but are we all sure that these are enough?
Oh, and I assume the game will be modded so more races have STRANGE_MOODS?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 07, 2020, 03:17:54 pm »

Alright, I might as well start thinking about this mod. What skills do we want to use? How far this list do we want to go?
 - Bonecarving (by hand, vanilla)
 - Stonecarving (by hand)
 - Woodcarving (by hand)
 - Gem Setting (by hand)
 - Metalcrafter (at forge)
 - Metalsmith? (at forge)
 - Weaponsmith? (at forge)
 - Armorsmith? (at forge)
 - More????

I can see people setting up forts with huge stockpiles and workshop areas just so that adventurers can make crafts. I could honestly make reactions for everything a dwarf can do in fort mode, but I don't want to go to that much effort. I was just going to do crafts and encrusting/studding.

Just being able to make tools and equipment out of materials we gather would be more than enough for me. Like tanning animal skins and making bone and leather equipment, quires to write on, a few wood, ivory, horn, gem and stone tools and crafts, especially figurines to record depictions of our adventures. Maybe metal equipment too, only because a lot of players might like to make adventurers who can't wear civilized races' equipment and have to make their own.

I have a bunch already I could share, and can make up more as need be.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 08, 2020, 04:35:12 am »

I've always wished we had a way to leave clues for others who come along.  The ability to write notes on paper (or carved into stone.  Even something like the ability to have something face right or left, or to point right or left would make going through labyrinths so much more amazing.) I would love to tap legends mode directly through links in-world, more than conversations.  To actually put words to paper or actual notes, rather than their abstraction.  How amazing would it be to be able to place a cairn of stones over fallen comrades in an adventure, or even carve a memorial that told how a companion died? "Here lies Urist McDragonsnack, Champion of the Velvet Temple, Slayer of giant thrips and meat shield to Player McCowardlyrunningaway. May he rest in peace as well as in pieces..."

To be able to write an adventurer's story in-game, to be found and read in-game.  That would be awesome.  (I'd settle for an in-game url to these forums that leads to the tale told in that manuscript.  Imagine, though, leaving links to outside game resources to be found within the game... making Dwarf Fortress a hyperlinked game, so that it and the forums are one.  Red herrings in game can also be linked here.  Music, pictures, prophecies (unofficial games) and plans for fabulous constructions...  What a game that could be!)

I suppose if we could have x,y and z-level of an adventurer, and some kind of marker could be placed such that Players looking up that co-ordinate on a list of links could then find out what was left there in information.  Perhaps named weapons, or other items of the same nature?  Will artifacts stay where you've dropped them out in the Wilderness?

---

Incidentally, I might have to set up a series of pilgrim's way-stations to assist religious pilgrims (and thier bodygaurds) along thier path to the Holy Museum of Wonders... Got an awesome Perfect World map for you to use if you like: The forty islands of Dwarfopoly
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:44:50 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39