Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65263 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #495 on: October 14, 2014, 04:10:53 pm »

Hmm... well, the kids were right out. She wasn't enough of a psychopath to tear apart a family in the name of creating mayhem. The guy who had participated in the show earlier -- Galia chuckled at the memory of him making such a fool of himself -- wasn't a good choice. It'd draw too much suspicion. The drunkard was probably inebriated enough to have his will crushed in a matter of seconds, but his potentially useful skills were limited. The same went for the server.

She needed somebody whose skills could supplement her own. Perhaps somebody with capabilities she and Ganron both lacked.

Neither of them had healing magic.

Galia sets out at a calm pace, determined to take some unfortunate adept's mind for her own.

Find a church, preferably of a true neutral deity, although lawful or chaotic neutral is fine too.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 14, 2014, 04:12:40 pm »

Riki exits and goes to the Inn.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 14, 2014, 04:46:23 pm »

The Church [[Galia]]

Find a church, preferably of a true neutral deity, although lawful or chaotic neutral is fine too.

It turns out that Lakeview has an interesting take on the pantheon of gods. Instead of multiple churches set up to each god, there is one central church dedicated to each god. Stepping inside and looking around you see the signs of Wee Jas, Hextor, Boccob, and many others. The level of detail in the church, for despite its inclusiveness it is no larger than any other church you've seen, is far too intricate to have been made by humans. You suspect, upon observing Moradin's alter, that the Church was crafted by dwarves. Never-the-less, it takes you only a few moments to find someone who claims to be a fledgeling cleric of Boccob.

The Sovereign Jester [[Riki]]

The Inn is pretty decent.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 14, 2014, 05:20:21 pm »

"It's great to meet you... I'm Galia. I've been looking for divine help, see, and being a sorceress, such as I am, I thought that I should first turn to a priest of Boccob... can I consult you on the matter? Somewhere private?"

Examine the priest. Is it a man or a woman? Are they armed? Does he/she have any particular identifying features? Stuff like that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 14, 2014, 05:26:02 pm »

Riki looks for the prettiest girl in the bar.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 14, 2014, 08:48:46 pm »

"That's quite good, actually. Again."

He took a different stance, and had him hold it. And then another. And another. This went on for some time, by the end of which, Ganron would likely be quite tired; the muscles used in farming are by no means the same as the ones used in swordplay; for that reason, more drills would also be necessary.

Though all the same, the boy would likely not need anywhere near as much training as some, being fit. Still...to get to a sufficient level would take time, unfortunately. Time they might not have...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 14, 2014, 09:24:47 pm »

Sneak into the chamber (taking 10) and investigate what the woman is doing.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 14, 2014, 11:20:10 pm »

Time appears to be rapidly approaching Mid Day

The Church [[Galia]]

"It's great to meet you... I'm Galia. I've been looking for divine help, see, and being a sorceress, such as I am, I thought that I should first turn to a priest of Boccob... can I consult you on the matter? Somewhere private?"

Examine the priest. Is it a man or a woman? Are they armed? Does he/she have any particular identifying features? Stuff like that.

The young woman smiles which stretches the distinctive scar on her cheek in an altogether strange, though not unpleasant, way. She seems to look your over for a few seconds, paying specific attention to your face, before replying. "Of course, Mo. Though I am not yet a priest. Some would call me an acolyte but I plan on being in the priesthood soon. Just one final test and I'll be fully fledged. We could head to my home if you please. I have finished temple duty for the day."

The Sovereign Jester [[Riki]]

Riki looks for the prettiest girl in the bar.

The prettiest girl in the bar appears to be on the arm of some sullen looking fellow with a rapier at his hip. She appears to be entreating him to perform some sort of trick or another. He appears to be somewhat injured however and in a rather foul mood though he is saying just enough to keep the girl enthralled. You'd rate her an 8/10.

The second prettiest is by herself however. Granted, judging by the knife on the table in front of her and the wide berth all male patrons are giving her, she might not be the best choice. A solid 7/10.

The third prettiest is a serving girl and seems the type to love attention. A 7/10, though not as good as the previous entry.

An empty field [[Ganron and Dereth]]
"That's quite good, actually. Again."

He took a different stance, and had him hold it. And then another. And another. This went on for some time, by the end of which, Ganron would likely be quite tired; the muscles used in farming are by no means the same as the ones used in swordplay; for that reason, more drills would also be necessary.

Though all the same, the boy would likely not need anywhere near as much training as some, being fit. Still...to get to a sufficient level would take time, unfortunately. Time they might not have...

Strangely the boy seems eager to continue for a longer time than most. He seems to have a strange amount of endurance. Still, a strange amount of endurance for an untrained swordsman is much less than for one like yourself. You barely even feel the strain as he pants.

"Can... Can I ask you something?"

Sneak into the chamber (taking 10) and investigate what the woman is doing.

Slipping past the woman, as only you can, you listen briefly to the woman talking to the children. Apparently you'll have about five minutes to search this place while she gives them a small lecture. Her office, if it could be called that, is rather poor for a contact of the thieves guild. In fact, it's rather poor for anyone. There is a small desk with several papers atop it, a dresser, a bed, and a potted plant that appears to be foreign to this region. Looking over the papers, quickly, you get the basic impression that a promising potential recruit has recently turned up to be something of a wash when it comes to following orders. Said recruit appears to be skilled in other areas however so they believe that pushing the ability to remember a simple sentence will be no problem. By your estimate you have a minute left.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 14, 2014, 11:25:24 pm »

Sign the bottom of the document with 'Shadow' written in Draconic.  Hide and escape at the soonest opportunity.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 14, 2014, 11:39:03 pm »

The young woman smiles which stretches the distinctive scar on her cheek in an altogether strange, though not unpleasant, way. She seems to look your over for a few seconds, paying specific attention to your face, before replying. "Of course, Mo. Though I am not yet a priest. Some would call me an acolyte but I plan on being in the priesthood soon. Just one final test and I'll be fully fledged. We could head to my home if you please. I have finished temple duty for the day."
"Alright. Let's go."

Follow the woman.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 15, 2014, 11:29:56 pm »

Sign the bottom of the document with 'Shadow' written in Draconic.  Hide and escape at the soonest opportunity.

[Hide: 14+13] Just barely escaping the woman's notice you manage to make it outside of the orphanage without anyone noticing you. But now what to do?

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 15, 2014, 11:47:39 pm »

Scope out the center of town and try to pinpoint the contact.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 16, 2014, 04:11:52 pm »

Scope out the center of town and try to pinpoint the contact.

Being the middle of the day and the center of town being rather crowded you have a hard time seeing much of anything. However, you get the feeling that the thieves guild would likely operate here often.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 19, 2014, 12:14:18 am »

"You may. What are you asking of?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 19, 2014, 01:30:21 am »

"Who are you people? You're obviously not circus performers like you told me and my father." Ganron is obviously rather nervous to ask the question.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62