Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: Firmament {She died for your Follies}  (Read 11983 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: Firmament {There will be no survivors}
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2014, 12:24:01 am »

Oh. In that case,

[X] Don't

I'm guessing this game updates weekly?

It doesn't, just when I can get on and when there's an appreciable amount of votes.

As a note: My internet is currently down for the count, so both this and FLS are currently on hiatus. This was going to be the last update post, but then a router crash here at the community center ate it.

Although, for reference, the update was such that I was planning on posting a picture of Kittens first.
You know.
As a present. As mood Whiplash

Speaking of; Votes are locked in. Shit is about to go down. As soon as my phone company decides to give me back my connection.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2014, 05:20:07 pm »

Well then.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2014, 07:09:56 pm »

Can't wait.
Did I vote for pretend to be a fairy princess?
because in all honesty thats possibly the obly thibg we'll ever have as succesful.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2014, 09:40:57 pm »

[X] Don't Take It

You hesitate. There's a part of you that's afraid to have Helga hate you, a part of you terrified of what she might say. It's illogical, it's dumb, but...

You hesitate.She already hates you

Helgas wish is cut of by a pained scream as the Witch darts down. You hurl your flail, more strength in your arms than ever before, but...

[ROLL: 60 : FAILURE ]
Doesn't it make you want to laugh?
You miss. There's this sickening, teeth-grating crunch as bones are snapped, and the cry turns strangled. You see the Witches whole body move, as if swallowing.She's eating her.

Helga drops to the ground. Her bottom half is missing. It's not missing. It's in the Witches mouth. You watch it chew.

Oh god her legs are gone.

You fall over into the rapidly pooling blood. The Witch looks upward while it swallows, like a demented, twisted mockery of a dinosaur or crocodile. It's drool mixes with the crimson blood, staining the porcelain face a darkening red, while it's strangely human teeth gnash your best friends flesh into unidentifiable strands of muscle and shards of bone. It knows what it's doing. It enjoys your pain.

Helga is on the floor, a shocked expression on her face, staring into the false sky. Her breath is ragged and shallow, halfway between a open, undignified sobbing and pained screaming, but she's otherwise completely silent. Her mouth is moving.

The Witch, with one last swallow, freezes in place, as if savoring the aftertaste of it's meal. And with a sound like someone squeezing a bag of gelatin, the soulless eyes of the Witch snap to meet yours. "I love you."

And it smiles.

And it charges.

And it bites.
You are dead. You have all been dead since the very beginning. Wasn't it only a matter of time since the inevitability of death? The only fight you had left was to fight for another day, another week, but never forever. Eternity was beyond your grasp. It was always beyond your grasp. You're useless, you're stupid, you're pathetic. You'd be pitied if there was any quality about you that was redeeming. Instead you're reviled. Nobody wants to spend time with you. Nobody cares. Who are you? You're a nobody, a useless little girl, a subhuman wretch who doesn't have the decency to kill herself and instead demands that others clothe her, feed her, make her look almost as if she were a functioning member of a society that doesn't need or want a flimsy little bitch like you. Did you really think you could do anything? Did you really think you were capable of making even the slightest difference in the span of time? What does eternity care about a reject that even the most broken, crippled homeless waste of space wouldn't give the time of day. You're untouchable, not because of some high and mighty concept but because nobody in their right mind would want to dirty themselves by your presence. Your face makes your own Mother want to vomit. Small children won't talk to you. Helga hates you, because you were too weak to save her, and now she's in pain, because you were to PATHETIC and WEAK to make even the weakest witch cast a glance in your direction. You should die, and clean the world a little bit. Nobody would care. Nobody would even notice. Not even your parents would put out a missing persons report. They would thank God that the useless, ugly, wailing little piece of shit they had for a daughter was gone. You've known this for a while, Haven't you? Pushing at the back of your mind, insistent that you PAY ATTENTION. That you do something to make yourself worth more than the embryonic fluid you were born in, but instead, you just keep consuming valuable resources worth more than your whole life multiplied five times over. A wretched little girl like you should GO DIE, instead of polluting the air that actual, real human beings breath, instead of tainting the "friendship" you had with Helga with the fact that you weren't worth the crumpled gum wrapper God spat you on. You weren't "friends", you weren't "cool", you were a sycophantic leech that drank from the meager presence of a illegal immigrant, that improved her position only by associating herself with people who shouldn't have even been involved with people at your level. Like a rat, you scavenged the trash and refuse of your betters, but instead of staying in the gutter where you belonged, you latched yourself onto something beautiful, and FUCKING SHAT ALL OVER IT. You were nothing but a vile pile of pus, dressed up in the clothes of normal people like a insect in the silks of a king. You were worthless, you knew it, and yet you still dragged her into your disgusting mess, and now she's DEAD because YOU wanted to feel wanted, and needed. Because you wanted to be something you weren't. Human.

[ROLL: 96 : SUCCESS ]

You dodge. You roll out of the way, the Witch slamming into the ground you were just in. It leaves a small crater, right next to Helga and the growing pool of her blood. You're covered in her blood. You aren't worth it.

"AAAAAAAGHGGGGGGGGGH!"You aren't worth it.

You don't bother spinning up your flails. Instead you just smash it into the Witches ugly, inhuman face.You aren't worth it.

[ROLL: 99 : CRITICAL SUCCESS ]

It smashes through the porcelain like a piston fired from an engine block. Shards of ceramic go flying as you raise your arm and smash it again and again, breaking open it's face so large you can see the brain, a enormous dodecahedron ensnared by a webbing of blood vessels. You aren't worth it.

You rip it out.You aren't worth it.

And then you keep going, eventually abandoning your flails in favor of your own bare hands, heedless of the thrashing of the monster underneath you. You rip and tear out the innards of the witch piece by piece, and you're not done when you red out. You were never worth it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cool water mixes with your tears when you come to. Face first in a puddle, you don't have the strength to even lift your face out of the rank water, the mud of the street filtering through your slightly open lips and into your mouth.

You summon the will to look upwards, or rather, towards the other wall of the alley. Where's Helga.

Helga is gone.

Not even a body left behind.

Turning even further, you spot your soul gem glistening on your wrist. Or, it should be glistening. It's a deep black right now, a dark shadow that seems to put out a sort of anti-light, making everything around it seem dimmer, more dismal. A tiny mote of green dances in the very center, as if frightened. You want to smash it.

[SOULGEM: 1498/1500 : GO DIE GO DIE GO DIE GO DIE ]

You also notice the grief seed lying just out of arms reach.You want to smash this too.

Balanced delicately upon it's point, the grief seed spins softly. There's the slightest sound of music emanating from it, so soft that it's hard to hear over the sound of the rain hitting the ground.

You hate it.

You're such an idiot.

[GO DIE GO DIE GO DIE GO DIE]

[X] Grab the Grief Seed

[X] Give Up.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: Firmament {She died for your Follies}
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2014, 07:12:57 am »

Say what you will about Helga, but she certainly dug her own grave. At least she made a good distraction.

[X] Grab that Grief Seed!

I assume that's the thing that makes us get better, right?

[X] Consider getting a less stupid personal weapon for future encounters as well.

EDIT: Question - was Helga Russian by any chance?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:29:04 am by Harry Baldman »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2014, 03:10:17 pm »

[X] Grab the Grief Seed

[X] Wish Helga back to life

[X] Apologise

[X] Thank her

[X] Remind her that you need a friend - not a battle-buddy

[X] Get a mace for a weapon
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2014, 03:59:17 am »

[X] Grab the Grief Seed

[X] Consider getting a less stupid personal weapon for future encounters as well.

This.

We have no wishes left, mate. Unless we somehow trick another girl to wish it for us, and that is ... unlikely. And evil.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:38:48 am by Broken »
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2014, 04:01:20 am »

We wished for more wishes. We'll be fine. Or at least Chelsea thinks she'll be fine. What's the worst that could possibly happen?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2014, 04:55:56 am »

I fail to understand what we need Helga for even if wishing for her to come alive wasn't a monumentally stupid idea even if we can do such a thing.

As such,

[X] Don't even think about wishing Helga back to life. There is absolutely no way how that could end well for you.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2014, 05:02:28 am »

We don't need Helga for anything really, we're just wishing her back to life because she died for us and because she's our friend. Friends bring other friends back to life.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2014, 05:05:51 am »

We don't need Helga for anything really, we're just wishing her back to life because she died for us and because she's our friend. Friends bring other friends back to life.

Pshaw. She's no true companion if she got killed off this easily. We need better friends - friends who trust in our judgment and don't go investigating shit they really shouldn't, for one. That'd be a good way to spare oneself a lot of grief.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2014, 05:35:00 am »

That's so cold. She was only trying to help.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2014, 12:36:43 pm »

We wished for more wishes. We'll be fine. Or at least Chelsea thinks she'll be fine. What's the worst that could possibly happen?

Gah! I had forgotten that. In that case.

I mean, we are a lich. What kind of lameass lich dosn't have an army of disposable zombie minions?
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11