Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Hidden Agenda: A Post-Revolutionary Forum Game [5/5]  (Read 9271 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Hidden Agenda: A Post-Revolutionary Forum Game [5/5]
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2014, 02:20:00 pm »

P-PRESIDENTE!

I JORGE IGLESIAS STAND BY CHIMERICA NOT RABLL-...Please excuse me.

Now, yes it is being used as a communal farm to help alleviate the jobless situation we have. But again they are not very productive due to inexperienced workers and terribe management by the Goverment management.

Also as said these family farms would feed themselves only and then take out loans from our banks, which they woudn't pay back. Add time and they would be in debt with there only colateral being there small farms. I again urge to give land to those who show promise, The campesinos. Not the Landless labour who by the way support the leftist. Whereass campesinos tend to be more independant of polotics, save for the revolution. I hear they helped feed those fighiting against the farsante regime but only rumours no real evidence..anyway yes, please support my plans Mr. President.

No to price controls set up by the WRONG ministry.
Yes to leasing goverment land to the campesinos.
and Yes to a Land reform to benefit food production and export producers.

I, Jorge "Pepe" Iglesias announce this to be the only way to save chimerica in the long run, for short term solutions are for those who fail the marshmallow test.

since sheb wants to move in i want to bow out...yer can take over :P

((What?))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:46:01 pm by 3man75 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2014, 02:24:16 pm »

Well, I'd be very pleased to jump in if 10ebbor10 agrees.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2014, 02:37:56 pm »

Its very nice to speak about long terms solutions. And I encourage those discussions. But we cant ignore the starving people on the streets. Thats OUR responsibility. I have two suggestions, either give out subsided food stamps to the poor, or give some of our land to the landless. They will be able to grow their own food partly solving this food crisis.

If you have any other suggestion how to stop this crisis I am idle ear. But we cant hide behind the wall of power unless we want another revolution on our hands. Hungry people are desperate people.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2014, 02:48:51 pm »

Its very nice to speak about long terms solutions. And I encourage those discussions. But we cant ignore the starving people on the streets. Thats OUR responsibility. I have two suggestions, either give out subsided food stamps to the poor, or give some of our land to the landless. They will be able to grow their own food partly solving this food crisis.

If you have any other suggestion how to stop this crisis I am idle ear. But we cant hide behind the wall of power unless we want another revolution on our hands. Hungry people are desperate people.

...Temporary food stamps..
until next year and then we are cutting them. I can't beleive we the Chimerican's have fallen this low...and for someone to suggest to me how we shourld run our economy from the interior...No no no next issue we the offices are in agreement.

Juan, we should speak in private one of these days...
[/color]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:58:08 pm by 3man75 »

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2014, 03:16:54 pm »

...Temporary food stamps..
until next year and then we are cutting them. I can't beleive we the Chimerican's have fallen this low...and for someone to suggest to me how we shourld run our economy from the interior...No no no next issue we the offices are in agreement.

Juan, we should speak in private one of these days...[/color]

Change that to "until the imminent crisis is dealt with" and we have an agreement, obviously food stamps is not a viable long term solution, however, I wont be able to do it this round. I am working on a project regarding the infrastructure in the area. Both with the horrible rural roads and the little less awful export roads. Hopefully it will aid our efforts to secure a viable future for Crimera.  So I am counting on the agricultural minister to solve this crisis.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2014, 04:38:30 pm »

((Does Ukrainian Ranger or someone else want my position?))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2014, 07:21:23 pm »

((I could go for it.))
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2014, 01:59:38 am »

((I'd take your job over Ghazkull's))

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2014, 02:13:59 am »

Well, feel free to switch yourselves around for a moment.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2014, 09:40:42 am »

So me and Sheb are joining in I take it?

Party Name: Chimera Frente Popular
Leader Name: Eva Christino (Minister of Defense)

Party Bio: Without real opposition parties allowed under the Farsante regime, the many small farmer cooperatives in the hinterland were non-political organizations.  The regime forced all the cooperatives to organize under the National Farming Organization, which was a mouthpiece for the regime and did nothing to organize the farmers.  Two years before the revolution a number of cooperatives banded together under an alternative organization, the CFP to try to get better prices for small plot owners and organize the landless for more bargaining power.  The CFP was banned but spread like wildfire and quickly became pivotal in mobilizing the farmers to oppose the Farsante regime.
Role in the Revolution: Eva Christino quietly supported Correa in her position in the leadership of the CFP before the revolution.  When the revolution came she became leader of the CFP and declared her support for Correa to become presidente but accepted the Abado-Luiz compromise to appoint presidente Aivenez instead.

Primary Support basis:               The Compesino
    - Secondary Support basis:     Sub Comandante, Coffee Worker
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2014, 10:28:26 am »

Sounds like you'd be more suited for agriculture there. Whereas 3man75 is basically a dyed in the wool army man. Do you guys want to switch? (Sheb's char sheet makes him a capable, if excessively pro-Western Foreign Secretary.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2014, 10:38:33 am »

((Sorry a1s, i kinda like my agro policies...they feed the fame hungry monster in me. All will be spoken of in due time.))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2014, 10:59:38 am »

Minister Christino applauds the Luiz efforts to support the small plot farmers but asks, perhaps, where he supposes the small farmers come from if not the landless workers he calls too ignorant to run a small plot?  The people of Chimerica are a hardy people made wise by good labor and have knowledge of the soil in their very bones.  We need not worry that they know how to farm.

There is land to farm and there are farmers to till it.  There is not need to bring banks into this affair.  Simply allow the farmers to farm small plots rent free for a year.  They are already doing so under the old regime, they can continue to do so without the fat cats taking their cuts and thus lower the prices for everyone.

Regarding the National Re-Unification Army
The struggle for freedom is past and now is time to reap the harvest of peace.  Military minister Eva Christino proposes that we reduce the level of the military within 3 months to the level it was under Farsante and within 12 cut it in half again.  This will call for a dramatic reduction of personnel both from the old guard and the new revolutionary forces.
Sub-Commandant Correa and Colonel Erlich should both nominate half the men men from their respective forces to be retained for the year with the remainder released within 3 months.  Of those retained for 12 months, all must be reinstated by minister Christino or they will be released.  Minister Christino will also be able to release units as she sees fit within the 12 months.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:40:52 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2014, 02:27:06 pm »

I heartily applaud Mz. Christino's efforts to reduce budget deficit. I'm not sure how this helps reunify the armed forces, but surely a smaller size of our national army will make the problem easier to manage all on it's own.

I would like to propose that instead of paying rent (and especially instead of not paying it), the eligible farmers be offered an option to provide the state with a reasonable (pre set) amount of beans or corn. These crops will be available to be exchanged against our our food stamps (the negligible shortfall, should it arise, can be procured on the market), ensuring that it is primarily the farmer and not the hoarder that benefits from the scheme in the end.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2014, 02:54:44 pm »

The revolutionary front support Minister Christino suggestion to reduce the army size. However, we want to include the previous suggestion that most of the reduced budget shall go to the underequpped revolutionary army. Since the American military aid only goes to the conventional army. I also support the suggestion regarding the small farmers. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:04:21 pm by Evil Marahadja »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8