Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - It begins! (TOURNAMENT ENDED)  (Read 26807 times)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - It begins! (Registrations still open)
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2014, 10:15:54 pm »

I did some quick testing in wizard mode. Wearing regular plate armor and having 8 int, the following skill combinations gave me 30% failure on repel missiles:

10 Spellcasting
12 Charms
12 Air

7 Spellcasting
13 Charms
13 Air

3 Spellcasting
14 Charms
14 Air

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2014, 10:23:56 pm »

Nice, thank you!  Started training it on my MiFi

EDIT
at 2/2/2 : 89%fail in plate armour
   3.5/3.5/4:45% fail, very easily obtained

I did some quick testing in wizard mode. Wearing regular plate armor and having 8 int, the following skill combinations gave me 30% failure on repel missiles:

10 Spellcasting
12 Charms
12 Air

7 Spellcasting
13 Charms
13 Air

3 Spellcasting
14 Charms
14 Air
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:54:20 pm by Tegga21 »

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2014, 10:35:59 pm »

Ya know, I was originally happy when I heard they removed Giant Goldfish, Big Fish, and sharks. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they adjusted the amount of aquatic animals, so instead of a pool with a few electric eels that are a nuisance, and a few of everything else, it's the same number of aquatic enemies as it should've been, but now they're all electric eels.

And it hurts. Forget Electric Eels. They're now Gatling Eels. :\

(seriously though, has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just me?)
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2014, 10:43:44 pm »

Well.. I did just lose my last guy to a gatling eel-filled pool. It was my fault for taking 1 extra step towards it. Went down like this: discover said pool, 2 orc priests and 1 eel on screen. 1 step forward, 3 eels and 2 priests on screen. Bolted and smited. 1 step away, bolted and smited even more. Dead!

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2014, 10:55:25 pm »

Ya know, I was originally happy when I heard they removed Giant Goldfish, Big Fish, and sharks. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they adjusted the amount of aquatic animals, so instead of a pool with a few electric eels that are a nuisance, and a few of everything else, it's the same number of aquatic enemies as it should've been, but now they're all electric eels.

And it hurts. Forget Electric Eels. They're now Gatling Eels. :\

(seriously though, has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just me?)
Yeah they have been on a "lets make electricity scarier" kick the last couple patches.  Lightning Snakes(hate those) and now spam-eels

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2014, 11:40:00 pm »

Not to mention whatever those in the Abyss were called. Those things are so annoying.

Anyways, my internet has sadly gone down (Writing this from my phone), so I won't be able to play for a bit.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2014, 11:42:26 pm »

Tis my first time playing online past d:2 or so, so I'm having some fun. Currently mucking about at the bottom of Lair with ye olde MiBe. Its taking me a while to get used to the lack of GUI buttons or mouse control, had to learn how to move diagonally and everything, lol.

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2014, 12:48:20 am »

In a bit of trouble no electricity resistance to be found (except storm dragon armour vs golden dragon armour +5)

Grab 3rd rune in.. Slime or V5 or ?

2 runes, cleared Lair/swamp/snake/depths/V-1-4

Should I go for zot/V5 without rN/rE? seems like suicide as melee

13 Okawaru artefact gifts (been using faith amulet since lvl 2) ZERO rElectric (No armour of any type with rF/rC/rP/rE either)
36 total gifts

RNG hates me!  (My first gift was a +5 battleaxe of speed though, so can't complain about that...)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 01:02:28 am by Tegga21 »

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2014, 01:17:24 am »

I'm not entirely sure if an amulet of faith will net you more gifts or not. I mean it'll make gifts start appearing sooner after joining, but there's a minimum time between god gifts right? Anyway I haven't had luck with Okawaru today either. I leveled throwing a bit because I found tomahawks of poison and from then on, the majority of my gifts were throwing weapons.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2014, 01:44:01 am »

Well god damn, dead. There goes my chance at a Gargoyle Gladiator. Urrrrggghhh
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2014, 02:42:26 am »

Yay got my first win!

ended up doing slime pits for 3rd rune instead of vaults5 (no rE or rD) then just decided to go for it (No item destruction = 12 scrolls of recharging...)

MiBe lvl 24 http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Tegga21/morgue-Tegga21-20140830-073709.txt

Never got a wand of healing, but abused wand of hasting heavily to clear Zot

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:50:10 am by Tegga21 »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2014, 03:11:36 am »

I'm not entirely sure if an amulet of faith will net you more gifts or not. I mean it'll make gifts start appearing sooner after joining, but there's a minimum time between god gifts right? Anyway I haven't had luck with Okawaru today either. I leveled throwing a bit because I found tomahawks of poison and from then on, the majority of my gifts were throwing weapons.

AFAIK that minimum time is lowered by piety gain, so having faith should (vastly) increase gifts.

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2014, 04:27:31 am »

Yep. its 1/3 faster burning through gift timeouts, leading to roughly 50% more gifts.  Worth for okawaru but running with amulet slot locked can be dangerous. I had to swap it out finally in Slime 6

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2014, 05:24:55 am »

Do you guys remember hwo to access to the morgue files on CSZO ?
It's not /craawl as in CLAN, nor /rawdata as in CAO :s

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2014, 05:40:35 am »

Hey folks, how you all doing?

I am somewhat late to this party, and am planning to be even later, but I would like to sign up whilst I still can to the latecomers team, so that if I find time in the last week of the tourney, my points will at least go somewhere.

I *might* find time to tab a few lajataurs down to Lair this week, but I really can't commit, so if there is a big rush of latecomers, feel free to kick me out. The first week in September and the two weeks before the last week in September are basically the busiest time of year at my workplace *sigh*.

Edit: Oh yeah, I am vogonpoet on the servers BTW, and have won during tournaments in the past, so getting at least a rune in the few hours I have to play isn't completely unlikely, and will be the entire extent of my goals this time round. Stupid days not being long enough :(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 05:44:53 am by vogonpoet »
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23