Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - It begins! (TOURNAMENT ENDED)  (Read 26813 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - Team Registrations Begin
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2014, 03:37:17 pm »

9172 | D:8      | Noticed Erolcha
  9179 | D:8      | Cast into the Abyss (Erolcha)
  9188 | D:8      | Escaped the Abyss
  9205 | D:8      | Killed Erolcha

Well thanks Crawl, I've had 4 coffies and a Monster energy drink already, guess I don't really need that heart for anything after all.

edit : Also questionin' time. Oka gifted me the +7 Lajatang of Order [silver, rMut].

I have 12 M&F skills. Is it worth in any way shape or form to switch over to staves? Is a Silver ego good?

I've never used the thing, and I'm not sure I even want to, but Lajatangs are cool in that they free up tons of experience from Weapon skills.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:01:27 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - It begins! (Registrations still open)
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2014, 04:25:08 pm »

Yep, we've begun. I see teams don't reflect the players that should be on there. Team Captains, I'm operating under the assumption that your rc file is fully updated and that we're waiting on the players. If that's not true, you might wanna hurry and update those files. If you need help, let me know.

Graven and Antioch - please place the following line as the top line in your rc file when able:
Code: [Select]
# TEAMCAPTAIN Aelig

Rex_Nex and tompliss - please place the following line as the top line in your rc file when able:
# TEAMCAPTAIN Xgamer4

ElephantParade and GUNINANRUNIN - please place the following line as the top line in your rc file when able:
# TEAMCAPTAIN Miauw

And to everyone - good luck, and remember: Sigmund is not your friend.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - Team Registrations Begin
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2014, 05:13:04 pm »

9172 | D:8      | Noticed Erolcha
  9179 | D:8      | Cast into the Abyss (Erolcha)
  9188 | D:8      | Escaped the Abyss
  9205 | D:8      | Killed Erolcha

Well thanks Crawl, I've had 4 coffies and a Monster energy drink already, guess I don't really need that heart for anything after all.

edit : Also questionin' time. Oka gifted me the +7 Lajatang of Order [silver, rMut].

I have 12 M&F skills. Is it worth in any way shape or form to switch over to staves? Is a Silver ego good?

I've never used the thing, and I'm not sure I even want to, but Lajatangs are cool in that they free up tons of experience from Weapon skills.

I've always liked Silver as an ego, though on the whole it's basically "Holy Wrath but not quite as good." Having rMut on your weapon does free up your amulet slot for other things, though, and a +7 Lajatang is pretty good. Hard to say without a char dump, but I say starting the tourney with a gift from the gods means you should take it.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2014, 05:13:54 pm »

The lajatang sounds decent. I'd memory serves, silver brands deal more damage to demons and chaotic things. Not great, by my understanding, but decent.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2014, 05:53:16 pm »

Since I never play on webtiles this usually isn't as annoying, but.. what do I need to edit in the rc file to get rid of those annoying --more-- prompts during large fights?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2014, 06:12:33 pm »

The lajatang sounds decent. I'd memory serves, silver brands deal more damage to demons and chaotic things. Not great, by my understanding, but decent.

Just chaotic, sadly. So, basically anything you might fight in the Abyss, but not the Hell Lords or Fiends or anything.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »

I - the +12 hammer of Disarray {venom, rf+, Dex+4}

Crazy Yiuf, what in the world were you stashing that for? O_o

Would seem like a no-brainer, but just a little bit earlier I managed to grab this:

the +9 Cutlass of Neiwoth {venom, -Tele rPois rf+ MR+}

DrCj, so I'll probably stick with the cutlass. But man, those are some decent pickups...

EDIT:
NVM. Thought I could tank a blind, though Berserking, Duvessa. I was wrong.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:35:28 pm by Xgamer4 »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2014, 07:15:55 pm »

Hm.

So I nearly got the 14 staves for the Lajatang of Order, when I found everyone's favourite Shillelagh "Devastator" in a shop. I can afford it.

Never used that, either.

Worth it?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2014, 07:56:13 pm »

So I just saw a stair mimic that was mimicking the entrance to the Ecumenical Temple. ...I did not realize they could do that.

Also, Crawl decided it'd be kind, and generated Grinder, Dowan and Duvessa, and Natasha on the same floor. Just a few rooms apart. Thanks...

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2014, 08:04:28 pm »

got my first rune o/

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2014, 08:16:06 pm »

tengu summoner is so difficult

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2014, 08:40:30 pm »

I've never done well with tengu, hp is so low

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2014, 08:45:05 pm »

Got the Swamp rune with my HODK, and then was Abyssed by an ogre-mage in the Vaults, and ended up dying there. Slightly frustrating, but I definitely could have played the character better. Not a terrible start to the tournament, though. Maybe my play will improve with a few more games.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2014, 09:02:01 pm »

Bah! I shouldn't play when I'm tired, I killed a perfectly good GrFi to the ghost of a MiFi in Spider. On the plus side, doing so counted as sniping the high score for that class combo, so I got a banner I wasn't expecting to land!

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2014, 09:57:12 pm »

Anyone know how much skill (spellcasting/school) is required to cast repel missles with plate armor on and 8 int? with about 70% success?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23