Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - It begins! (TOURNAMENT ENDED)  (Read 26766 times)

Aelig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - Team Registrations Begin
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 01:48:41 pm »

No, thanks. What does team captain even do?

Fills two lines in his rc file instead of one. So basically nothing, just administrative stuff if you will.
I don't mind being captain for the champions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 01:49:07 pm »

Apparently the captain is what you have to look up to "find" a team.
I guess I'd be willing to be the team captain for the Miners.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 02:14:34 pm »

I don't mind being captain for the champions.

Perfect! You probably know this already (and might've even already done it), but here's the two lines to add just in case:

Code: [Select]
# TEAMNAME Bay12_Champions
# TEAMMEMBERS Flameboy99 Denvon

Apparently the captain is what you have to look up to "find" a team.
I guess I'd be willing to be the team captain for the Miners.

Great!

These are the two lines that need added to the very, very top of your rc file.

# TEAMNAME Bay12_Miners
# TEAMMEMBERS ElephantParade GUNINANRUNIN Nistenf

Then just to verify, I have your crawl name as Miauw. Is that correct, or just someone who managed to snag it before you? (I found it in the players list for the tournament) (EDIT: ...I must've missed your registration post on my first-pass. Sorry about that.)

Then you'll also want to check back periodically and add any new players to your file (just add them at the end of the #TEAMMEMBERS line)

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:16:24 pm by Xgamer4 »
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 03:06:15 pm »

Ok, done. And no problem :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »

I'm just sticking my head in to kibitz; I got some meatspace friends into Crawl, and they wanted to form our own team. I look forward to some fun!

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 11:20:45 pm »

Ah, ok... good luck! 

(Now don't mind me as add an "enemy" group that only includes your team... kidding... :P)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 01:22:19 pm »

Just two days left until the tournament starts, and there are still 3 spots in Champions, and 2 in Blacksmiths and Miners, available.

Don't be afraid - we don't bite (though I make no such promises for the denizens of the dungeon)

Then for those already signed up, please place the line that corresponds to your team as the first line in your rc file. If you need any help or clarification, please feel free to ask.

Champions
# TEAMCAPTAIN Aelig

Blacksmiths
# TEAMCAPTAIN Xgamer4

Miners
# TEAMCAPTAIN Miauw

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2014, 01:52:00 pm »

So, to stimulate some discussion, what combos are you guys planning to play when the tournament starts? Personally, I'm thinking that I'll play a HODK. Always been more comfortable with melee characters, and I haven't played for quite a while, so that should probably ease me in.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2014, 02:15:19 pm »

I think I can actually complete a 15runer with a Gargoyle Fighter; I've done it before, and it wasn't too hard. After that I'll bounce around MiBe, FeTm, TrMo, DEFE, HOAr and OpCj trying to get that Gelatinous Body banner. I'm kinda hoping I'll be good enough with GrFi to dip my toes into a Zig for the first time, too.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2014, 02:33:07 pm »

I think I'll start with either a draconian warper or a high elf warper. I like the background a lot now compared to a year or two ago, for some reason.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 02:44:00 pm »

You can sign me in for the expert team, I'm probably likely to get another 15-rune gargoyle, especially since I don't plan on wasting a Xin win on my first character.

I've won at least one 15-rune char all [two ._.] previous tournaments I've played, however I'm not sure how much I'll be playing. I did get a pretty awesome Tengu Warper of Sif Muna win last tournament which is the hardest combo I've ever won.

Edit : By the way does anyone know if CLAN is still the best option for players in Europe? I used that last tournament and it was slightly less slow than training a pet parrot to peck keys after I repeat them 15 times to it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:46:44 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 03:09:37 pm »

I'm planning to do some DeCj's and maybe an OrFi to try and become a follower of Beogh again (though that hasn't really worked out in the past...). And other stuff, ofc :P

@Graven:
I usually just use CAO personally. Haven't tried CLAN.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 03:20:41 pm »

Yeah, the server lag ...
Well, tournaments ironically aren't the best time to play online, because everybody is playing online ... :/
I've used CSZO previously and, despite it being in the US, it wasn't really slow, from France. ;)

Aelig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 03:49:24 pm »

I think I'm going to try and ascend a troll of chei, because I never played chei and he seems like fun (no more than 3 runes because I'm not a masochist), and probably a transmuter octopode of Ash if I'm going 15 runes. I these fail too hard I might go for my usual demonspawn of Yred, because demonspawn are fun and Yred is ridiculously good until Zot.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 03:58:00 pm »

@Graven - Added.

----

I'll probably be tinkering with a DrCj of Qazial, just to play with. Then HOFi of Beogh is always fun, just because playing Orc Jesus is a blast. Then a VSAs because I had success with them last tourny.

Then I'll probably just mess around with other combos as I see fit. I don't have any current wins (...or runes, I possibly classed myself a rank above where I should be, but I organized this tourny so I can do that), so either one of those is my main goal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23