Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 177233 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 2: Gather round yon campfire of cardboard
« Reply #960 on: September 23, 2014, 08:21:57 am »

FLABORT'S BYOR IS ACTUALLY GAME OF THRONES. SO MUCH UNDERLYING CONSPIRACY.
IT ALL MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 23, 2014, 12:48:09 pm »

TheDarkStar, TheDarkStar, No Lynch Testing to see if this will work.

TheDarkStar
1. What I mean by Varee using his power as shield is this: Because my power works whether or not I am actually town, it means that all similar powers are suspect. However, when I brought this up, Varee never changed what he said; he still talked/wrote as if he was confirmed town (or at least that was the impression I got; at this point, I find him less scummy). I asked him some questions that were never responded to (Varee: Please respond to them), and then I got distracted by 4maskwolf.
How did he talk as if he was confirmed town? What do you mean by that.

3. Why are you focusing on me so much? I've been your main focus for most of the game so far. You also only gave reasons for voting me after I pressured you to; before that, you simply had a reasonless vote.
You're the player I've found the scummiest in this game (although it doesn't help that some players are new and others aren't trying to scumhunt and instead focusing on their powers. And there's a contradiction in this sentence. You're making it out that my day 2 vote on you was reasonless while at the same time you are saying I've focused on you for much of the game. My day 2 vote was a continuation of my day 1 vote.

5. In response to Varee talking about his role: Well, yes, he talked about it in response to questions. Most people talk about things in Mafia in response to questions. Also, you've gone from "He talked about it once" to "He talked about it several times". You keep changing what you claim the evidence is:

In fact, Varee had only mentioned the power declaring him to be town when he was asked questions involving it (questions from both Tiruin and Mastahcheese). Otherwise his posts were dealing with whatever was going on with the thread at the time.

Persus:
You have a vote on me with no reasoning. Why are you voting me/why do you find me scummy?
Because the only attack I remember you doing was on Varee for "using his town auto as a shield" when he didn't bring it up except in response to a question I asked.
That is just scummy. Persus13.
Yes, Varee talked about it in response to questions, when he was specifically asked questions about the power. Other players brought it up. If Varee had brought it up it would be suspicious like you said, but he did not. You specifically attacked Varee for his response to my question. I didn't count Tiruin's question and Varee's response because those were the firsts posts of the game. MC's question was more about what Varee would do about him being confirmed town. As to why I "changed" my story, I hadn't noticed those two questions until I reread the thread and noticed them because 1. they weren't mine 2. they was no followup on them and 3. No one decided to use them as the basis of an attack.

Persus13: Why do you think that what I thought about Varee is still relevant? Also, what do you mean by saying that "Varee never talked about his power" and "He talked about it when people asked him to"? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
Where did I say Varee never talked about his power? As to why its still relevant, its because you kept twisting what happened Day 1 to make you look good instead of admitting you were wrong about Varee. And because that, you joining the 4maskwolf bandwagon, and your OMGUS vote on me are the only attacks on me you've done. As for why I'm saying Varee was not talking about his power, and doing it only when specifically asked about it, I'm talking about because that is in contrast to your attack on him for using it as an excuse. You accused him of something that wasn't true.

Also, another question to Persus13: Why are you so worried about my voting of Varee when I didn't even end up voting for him in the end on Day 1 and barely put any pressure on him? You've been going after me since halfway through Day 1 for a minor suspicion that I had at one point.
Answered above.

Jack A T
Persus13: Why arrange your votes the way you did in this linked post?
I was refreshing my Day 1 vote of TDS and I couldn't think of something to ask him. I voted Blitz twice to pressure vote about something he said that struck me as suspicious (also, I forgot he was a new player)

NQT:
Jack, you're telling me thst with 10+ powers you don't have a single information giving night action? I don't buy it.
I don't have an information giving night action either. How does claiming not to have one make Jack scummy?

GayArchea:
also there was some suspecting of Perseus13, some taunts directly to scum actually.
My name is Persus, not Perseus. Also given that I was the major reason behind UI's lynch, I'm not at all surprised that he thinks I'm scum. What sort of taunts?

Tiruin, Mastahcheese:
PFP TolyK is a brother to TDS.
How do you know this?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 23, 2014, 01:13:05 pm »

You guys are missing out.

Best. Par-tay EVAR

Or not. You won't get it if you aren't in it, but that means you're not a cool kid.
All the cool kids are there. Except the dead ones.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 23, 2014, 02:24:44 pm »

She has an infallible random inspect that I can invoke during the day.
Because I'm activating her power, we both see the results.

We explained this a while back ago.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 23, 2014, 02:32:37 pm »

Well maybe next time you could say that's how you know instead of just saying the result and acting condescending when I ask how you know that.

Flabort: Alignment inspects of brothers tell who you the brother is with?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 23, 2014, 02:34:34 pm »

I wasn't meaning to sound condecending, sorry.
I can't really convey tone over the Internet.
:-\
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 23, 2014, 05:18:45 pm »

TheDarkStar, TheDarkStar, No Lynch Testing to see if this will work.

TheDarkStar
1. What I mean by Varee using his power as shield is this: Because my power works whether or not I am actually town, it means that all similar powers are suspect. However, when I brought this up, Varee never changed what he said; he still talked/wrote as if he was confirmed town (or at least that was the impression I got; at this point, I find him less scummy). I asked him some questions that were never responded to (Varee: Please respond to them), and then I got distracted by 4maskwolf.
How did he talk as if he was confirmed town? What do you mean by that.

3. Why are you focusing on me so much? I've been your main focus for most of the game so far. You also only gave reasons for voting me after I pressured you to; before that, you simply had a reasonless vote.
You're the player I've found the scummiest in this game (although it doesn't help that some players are new and others aren't trying to scumhunt and instead focusing on their powers. And there's a contradiction in this sentence. You're making it out that my day 2 vote on you was reasonless while at the same time you are saying I've focused on you for much of the game. My day 2 vote was a continuation of my day 1 vote.

5. In response to Varee talking about his role: Well, yes, he talked about it in response to questions. Most people talk about things in Mafia in response to questions. Also, you've gone from "He talked about it once" to "He talked about it several times". You keep changing what you claim the evidence is:

In fact, Varee had only mentioned the power declaring him to be town when he was asked questions involving it (questions from both Tiruin and Mastahcheese). Otherwise his posts were dealing with whatever was going on with the thread at the time.

Persus:
You have a vote on me with no reasoning. Why are you voting me/why do you find me scummy?
Because the only attack I remember you doing was on Varee for "using his town auto as a shield" when he didn't bring it up except in response to a question I asked.
That is just scummy. Persus13.
Yes, Varee talked about it in response to questions, when he was specifically asked questions about the power. Other players brought it up. If Varee had brought it up it would be suspicious like you said, but he did not. You specifically attacked Varee for his response to my question. I didn't count Tiruin's question and Varee's response because those were the firsts posts of the game. MC's question was more about what Varee would do about him being confirmed town. As to why I "changed" my story, I hadn't noticed those two questions until I reread the thread and noticed them because 1. they weren't mine 2. they was no followup on them and 3. No one decided to use them as the basis of an attack.

Persus13: Why do you think that what I thought about Varee is still relevant? Also, what do you mean by saying that "Varee never talked about his power" and "He talked about it when people asked him to"? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
Where did I say Varee never talked about his power? As to why its still relevant, its because you kept twisting what happened Day 1 to make you look good instead of admitting you were wrong about Varee. And because that, you joining the 4maskwolf bandwagon, and your OMGUS vote on me are the only attacks on me you've done. As for why I'm saying Varee was not talking about his power, and doing it only when specifically asked about it, I'm talking about because that is in contrast to your attack on him for using it as an excuse. You accused him of something that wasn't true.

Also, another question to Persus13: Why are you so worried about my voting of Varee when I didn't even end up voting for him in the end on Day 1 and barely put any pressure on him? You've been going after me since halfway through Day 1 for a minor suspicion that I had at one point.
Answered above.

1. Quote:

3. You voted me with no reason given a while after Day 2 started; there's wasn't even a "I'm voting for him because of reasons I've previously said."

5. You should have noted that you had seen more things.

I voted before the 4mask bandwagon started, actually.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 23, 2014, 05:23:40 pm »

POST RESTRICTION!
Because I haven't actually agreed with them since early Day 1. Varee gives a slightly town read right now. When I originally made my comments, I thought "That's odd, I wonder if Varee's role is the same," and then when he said it wasn't, I pressured him a bit to make sure and then switched focus to other players (Toaster in one post and then 4mask for the rest of the day). Also, since it was not addressed to you, I'll ask it again:

Why do you think that what I thought about Varee is still relevant?
TheDarkStar: Why wouldn't it be?  Your past actions, whether or not you would still take them now, are relevant to evaluations of your play across the game.  While you did back off when you realized you couldn't get very far (I did forget that part, thanks for the reminder), you couldn't justify your actions well back then.  Now, your justification has improved, but your efforts to dismiss your earlier actions as irrelevant are somewhat off-putting.

I didn't justify my actions well at that time because it was a small thing that did not require a lengthy justification. I thought Varee's choice of words was odd, so I said something about it. What more is there to add?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 23, 2014, 05:27:18 pm »

Well maybe next time you could say that's how you know instead of just saying the result and acting condescending when I ask how you know that.

You seem stressed, Persus ._. MC's tone didn't come off as condescending here...
And I'll answer it for Flabort: No. It's explicitly mentioned in our Inspect as to that thingy there.
STRESS IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH. ALSO IT = LESSER WBCS. THIS INFORMATION MAY BE ERRONEOUS.

PFP- reading up.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 23, 2014, 07:08:10 pm »

You seem stressed, Persus ._. MC's tone didn't come off as condescending here...
And I'll answer it for Flabort: No. It's explicitly mentioned in our Inspect as to that thingy there.
STRESS IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH. ALSO IT = LESSER WBCS. THIS INFORMATION MAY BE ERRONEOUS.

PFP- reading up.
I knew y'all had a random inspect. The two of you declared TolyK was TheDarkStar's brother. I didn't need it spelled out for me that you have a random inspect. MC could just have said, "It's the random inspect". It doesn't matter anyway.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 23, 2014, 08:22:48 pm »

Not usually. Usually, alignment inspects don't even tell you that they're a brother, just third party.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Vote Count
« Reply #971 on: September 23, 2014, 08:27:28 pm »

Votecount
Spoiler: Darkling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Non-Darkling (click to show/hide)
(* = used 1 extension)
Day ends Wednesday, September 24th, 7:00 PM Alberta Time. (Approximately 24 hours from this post)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:40:07 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 23, 2014, 09:23:49 pm »

(Approximately 24 hours from this post)
I'll be posting soon >:I
WHY CAN'T ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY GRAVITY WORKS!? IT IS A NICE IDEA. BUT I'M NEGATIVE ABOUT IT.

...Blitz still has -1 votes, for some reason?
SBC: Didn't you talk about something regarding your votes and how there's a negative to yours?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 24, 2014, 12:11:42 am »

Voting summary(atleast from what i know)
SBC vote will just go to random people and it will reduce the vote number by 1 , it change everytime flabort post a vote. apparently it can go to same person moer than once.
Blitz: he have -4 vote from start
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 24, 2014, 06:54:43 am »

GayArchea:
also there was some suspecting of Perseus13, some taunts directly to scum actually.
My name is Persus, not Perseus. Also given that I was the major reason behind UI's lynch, I'm not at all surprised that he thinks I'm scum. What sort of taunts?
The taunts were mostly about how you managed to evade death due to swapping with Mastahcheese. "...Persus13 has the mastahcheese role, which gives him nine lives, the lucky bastard."
Unvote.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 78