Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 177213 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 2: Gather round yon campfire of cardboard
« Reply #945 on: September 22, 2014, 07:21:28 pm »

pfp

unvote all

Jack, you're telling me thst with 10+ powers you don't have a single information giving night action? I don't buy it.

Sheep, Sheep  if town don't vote then of course scum aren't going to be killed. Ambivalence about scum hunting is a big tell. Also, why should I care what info I share about Wolf? He's not town. I don't want people needlessly making non-town players stronger.

TDS, so you think the only legitimate reason to role block someone is if they have a day kill?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 22, 2014, 07:29:29 pm »

Varee:

@TDS: Umm what are the questions again? Also you are sounding pretty desprerate to defend your case against me? What up with that? My power and your result in the same thing doesnt mean there are the same, from what i understand you said that your power is "say i am town no matter what my alignment is"?

I thought what you were doing was odd, so I posted about it. The way you described your role was very similar to mine, but it's not really enough for a 2-day-long case. I haven't noticed anything else scummy, so at this point, I don't think you are scum; I haven't actually pressed a case on you in a long time.

Questions: Here they are: After looking through lots of pages, I can't find them; I must have missed posting them. Oh well.

PPE: Jack A T: I found Varee mildly scummy at one point, but there wasn't enough evidence to press a case that long. Persus is bringing up events from the beginning of Day 1 that aren't all that relevant right now.

Persus13: Why do you think that what I thought about Varee is still relevant? Also, what do you mean by saying that "Varee never talked about his power" and "He talked about it when people asked him to"? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 22, 2014, 07:35:17 pm »

TDS, so you think the only legitimate reason to role block someone is if they have a day kill?

No; the reasoning that 4mask gave was that because he wanted to survive for at least a day, he picked someone at random right at the start to roleblock and lower his chances of dying.

The post:

pfp

Toaster, Wolf, which one of you pestered Tiruin, tried to get all her roles nullified for a cycle, and why?
Given the power level of my abilities, I'm not even going to question how you know the exact power I used on her. Yeah, I did that, basically as soon as I got my role. I did it because why not: I had no idea who I was allied with at the time, and one less player who can kill me before I determine that is always a good thing.

4maskwolf

That's a rather scummy action - Tiruin can't daykill (and you didn't even stop to check, since you said that you did it as soon as you got your role), so why would you randomly block someone at the beginning of the day?

Also, another question to Persus13: Why are you so worried about my voting of Varee when I didn't even end up voting for him in the end on Day 1 and barely put any pressure on him? You've been going after me since halfway through Day 1 for a minor suspicion that I had at one point.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 22, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »

POST RESTRICTION!
Jack, you're telling me thst with 10+ powers you don't have a single information giving night action? I don't buy it.
NQT: Yes, I am telling you that I was not given a single investigative action.  I believe flabort said somewhere that he made each role before distributing them; I think I'm just a victim of bad luck.

PPE: Jack A T: I found Varee mildly scummy at one point, but there wasn't enough evidence to press a case that long. Persus is bringing up events from the beginning of Day 1 that aren't all that relevant right now.

Persus13: Why do you think that what I thought about Varee is still relevant? Also, what do you mean by saying that "Varee never talked about his power" and "He talked about it when people asked him to"? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
TheDarkStar, since I can vote now: Why do you get to declare your earlier attacks off-limits/irrelevant now?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 22, 2014, 07:44:52 pm »

Jack AT: it was a mostly just a simple case of misattributing claims of one person to another, and no other reason beside that. By the way Urist Imiknorris claims he that the Stonehenge (Ace Combat 4), has more abilities than even he would want to reveal.

TheWetSheep: It is the only way I can still win, if someone revives me. I may as well just try.
The deadchat has been sending scum useful messages such as "I like big butts and I cannot lie", "Message Relayed", and impersonations of TolyK, all given anonymously to scum.
also there was some suspecting of Perseus13, some taunts directly to scum actually.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 22, 2014, 07:48:43 pm »

Persus13:Why do you think that what I thought about Varee is still relevant? Also, what do you mean by saying that "Varee never talked about his power" and "He talked about it when people asked him to"? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
TheDarkStar, since I can vote now: Why do you get to declare your earlier attacks off-limits/irrelevant now?
[/quote]

Because I haven't actually agreed with them since early Day 1. Varee gives a slightly town read right now. When I originally made my comments, I thought "That's odd, I wonder if Varee's role is the same," and then when he said it wasn't, I pressured him a bit to make sure and then switched focus to other players (Toaster in one post and then 4mask for the rest of the day). Also, since it was not addressed to you, I'll ask it again:

Why do you think that what I thought about Varee is still relevant?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 22, 2014, 07:49:41 pm »

PFP TolyK is a brother to TDS.
ALSO I'M SAD. KILL ME.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 22, 2014, 07:52:53 pm »

ALSO I'M SAD. KILL ME.

Why should we kill you? Also, interesting; I did not expect that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 22, 2014, 07:55:46 pm »

ALSO I'M SAD. KILL ME.

Why should we kill you? Also, interesting; I did not expect that.
That's my negative voice, somehow echoing how I feel IRL though because sadness :v
THIS IS NEGATIVITY. IT IS IN CAPITALIZATION.
Also I'm PFP'ing but I remember this was something connected to TolyK, Varee and 4mask for some reason with claims on TOlYK's side but I can't think about it now.

So, Tiruin, you care more about using powers than lynching scum. Precisely how many scum have been killed by powers so far?
. . . . ?
I think you're really misinterpreting what I said. Been strangely extremely objective, you have.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 22, 2014, 11:16:29 pm »

Tiruin, that's very possibly true.

Gasp

Applaud

*ahem*

I would've wanted to keep that info until I knew who my brother-target's alignment was completely, though.

And NQT, I happen to have a laughably inefficient investigation power, and that's it (if I remember correctly). However, I can give people night info if I want to.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 22, 2014, 11:56:19 pm »

PFP
PERSUS13: I never said 100%. I just want to be more than 50% sure that they're scum.
Jack AT: No real reason, other than me having precisely 0 reads.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 23, 2014, 01:51:03 am »

But that's illogical!

Yes, indeed. There is much less than a 50% chance of someone being scum.

I would agree. This means that it's better than the odds if you think they're even 33% scum.

Also, we have an SK, I'm pretty sure - acting on a hunch, though, so feel free to disregard.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 23, 2014, 02:14:16 am »

POST RESTRICTION!
Because I haven't actually agreed with them since early Day 1. Varee gives a slightly town read right now. When I originally made my comments, I thought "That's odd, I wonder if Varee's role is the same," and then when he said it wasn't, I pressured him a bit to make sure and then switched focus to other players (Toaster in one post and then 4mask for the rest of the day). Also, since it was not addressed to you, I'll ask it again:

Why do you think that what I thought about Varee is still relevant?
TheDarkStar: Why wouldn't it be?  Your past actions, whether or not you would still take them now, are relevant to evaluations of your play across the game.  While you did back off when you realized you couldn't get very far (I did forget that part, thanks for the reminder), you couldn't justify your actions well back then.  Now, your justification has improved, but your efforts to dismiss your earlier actions as irrelevant are somewhat off-putting.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 23, 2014, 08:12:30 am »

Parse Restriction
I can confirm this!
Also, though Tiruin may not have seen it, something caused the power to bounce unexpectantly, and I also saw NQT as "Town with no evil intentions"
Did you get that part, Tiru?

@Jack: I figured it'd be ok to hit you because you weren't going off about having shotguns/bombs strapped to your chest/whatever like some other people (myself included) have been.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 23, 2014, 08:18:13 am »

Parse Restriction
I can confirm this!
Also, though Tiruin may not have seen it, something caused the power to bounce unexpectantly, and I also saw NQT as "Town with no evil intentions"
Did you get that part, Tiru?
:O
*Tiruin steeples fingers.
Maybe not.
FLABORT'S BYOR IS ACTUALLY GAME OF THRONES. SO MUCH UNDERLYING CONSPIRACY.

PFP
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 78