Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 176597 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #705 on: September 16, 2014, 07:59:45 pm »

Just FYI, Tiruin changed her votes AFTER I processed the ability, hence her ghost votes.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 16, 2014, 08:02:14 pm »

Tiruin
Ooo, like you are doing anything? I've got bloody exams to cope with and I still haven't answered Persus13's query regarding the list of reads.
I'm sorry you've got exams, but I'm merely saying that as you've chosen to drag out this day the onus is on you to do something with that extra time.

Now, what I've 'inflicted' is quite a notice, huh NQT (x3). Do you not consider the extra time--of which is a personal choice--useable for efficiency?
No. Long days sap player will and drain interest from the game. Three times you lot have extended and as far as I can tell each time Wolf was up for the lynch. Nothing much has changed. We've learned a few more things, which is good, but we're only going to learn more after a round of night actions. You're delaying the inevitable... and for what gain? The lynch happens late at night for me so I have to stay awake if I want to see it happen (always a good idea for responding to last minute accusations), you're ensuring I have another day of screwed up sleeping.

Also why the FoS? Detail your reasons.
Your knee-jerk last-minute extending is anti-game, regardless of your alignment. But really, I want to express a small degree of pressure to encourage you to make the most of the 24 hours. Why are you voting me?

Wolf
HOLY HELL WHAT THE FUCK!
Yeah it's pretty weird vote behaviour. Are you going to press an alternative case? I'd rather we were lynching the Lyncher, personally.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 16, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »

NQT (and Tiruin) :
Wolf
HOLY HELL WHAT THE FUCK!
Yeah it's pretty weird vote behaviour. Are you going to press an alternative case? I'd rather we were lynching the Lyncher, personally.

Same here, but I don't think that's happening at this point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 16, 2014, 08:05:09 pm »

POST RESTRICTION!
Quick post, while I catch up:
Unvote, vote Urist, unvote, vote Urist.  I don't particularly like voting for myself.

NQT: I know you hate extensions, but isn't the votes being wiped right before the day ends a good reason for an extension?

Superblackcat: Your vote was the only one to stay when all the votes were wiped.  Why was your vote the only one to stay when all the votes were wiped?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 16, 2014, 08:06:57 pm »

And more fuckery. Someone seems to have shifted my vote off you, 4mask, and put one on TDS while wiping the other one. What the bajeesus.

Tiruin: I immediately voted 4mask both because I had been voting him previously, and because he had the most to gain from the vote wipe.

SBC: Would you care to speculate on the significance of the fact that yours was the only vote not wiped?

4mask 4mask. Unvote all. 4mask 4mask. Let's see if this one actually sticks.

NQT: Are you seriously arguing that giving the town time to react to the SUDDEN VOTE SCREWERY is bad on a meta level, even though this bullshit all came out of left field? And what do you mean by "you lot" exactly?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 16, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »

UI, UI, Toaster

Why did you instantly assume it was 4maskwolf?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 16, 2014, 09:58:18 pm »

Look one post above yours.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 16, 2014, 10:29:47 pm »

For what it's worth, I'm voting 4maskwolf as before. Also, Unvote; SuperBlackCat, since his vote is unchanged and he needs to explain why.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 16, 2014, 10:49:42 pm »

For what it's worth, I'm voting 4maskwolf as before. Also, Unvote; SuperBlackCat, since his vote is unchanged and he needs to explain why.
SBC mentioned earlier that one of his roles caused his vote to be random. I assume it just revoted itself.

Tiruin, you better do some impressive scum hunting in the extra 24 hours you've inflicted on everyone.
We needed to discuss this. If she hadn't extended I probably would have.

Also, to everyone voting me or who has voted me for my role and abilities: I know that some of you must have shakeragian roles, some of which would probably get you lynched if they are revealed.  So stop being goddamn hypocrits and lynching me because I'm honest, because, as I've said, I'll be back, and this time you'll have no way of stopping me.  And I will get my revenge, because of something I have from a role I picked up.  That, and killing me does nothing to me other than piss me off, so I'd rather you not.

Could someone extend so we can get to the bottom of this new fuckery that is happening?
What happens if you are NKed?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 16, 2014, 11:07:46 pm »

Cheese is confirmed for being more or less a good guy.
However. Did you action me a second time?

I see that the votes are similar in nature to ours.

No, in ours people all just vote for the right candidate...

This is not quite what I expected.

NQT, what's wrong with extension given f'd up votes?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 16, 2014, 11:45:26 pm »

Ugh. I'll get to all of your stuffs tomorrow, I'm fricking tired.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 17, 2014, 12:14:00 am »

Sir Flabort uses random.org everytime he posts a vote count, and my vote is on whoever he gets. That person gets -1, hence why I've never voted, but have always been voting >: D

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 17, 2014, 12:23:29 am »

Why the hell am I voting myself....
I am sorry about random frecnh but you cant blame me more than you can blame the one who summited the role (look at Jack)
Also I dont think we can get to t he bottom of this vote fuckery due to the amount of role involve..
Vote Blitz ;unvote
Just to be clear am voting blitz as his power make him the least likely to be lynch and i want to stop voting myself.

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 17, 2014, 04:25:27 am »

Jack
NQT: I know you hate extensions, but isn't the votes being wiped right before the day ends a good reason for an extension?
Yeah maybe, though the votes were quickly restored to the same outcome as before and it's unlikely someone will fess up to wiping the votes (it was probably Wolf or an ally of his though). I wasn't convinced that Tiruin specifically would make good use of the extension. It was like 2AM so I was probably a bit grumpier than I ought have been.

Urist
NQT: Are you seriously arguing that giving the town time to react to the SUDDEN VOTE SCREWERY is bad on a meta level, even though this bullshit all came out of left field? And what do you mean by "you lot" exactly?
You're not town so I'm not sure I have to respond to your outraged all caps. Regardless, the vote went back to the target as it was before: players had reacted. By 'you lot' I mean, all the players who always extend Day 1 despite it being the day least needing of extending.

Persus
We needed to discuss this. If she hadn't extended I probably would have.
Yeah yeah. I was late to work today because I overslept after staying up for the end of the day. All this extending is going to get me fired.

Toaster
I'd rather we were lynching the Lyncher, personally.
Same here, but I don't think that's happening at this point.
Well of course it's not going to happen if you keep voting Wolf!

TolyK
NQT, what's wrong with extension given f'd up votes?
See my responses above. In brief: extending is boring, the vote returned to wolf within the end of the day anyway, my sleep pattern is under threat.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 17, 2014, 04:26:01 am »

Tiruin
Ooo, like you are doing anything? I've got bloody exams to cope with and I still haven't answered Persus13's query regarding the list of reads.
I'm sorry you've got exams, but I'm merely saying that as you've chosen to drag out this day the onus is on you to do something with that extra time.

Now, what I've 'inflicted' is quite a notice, huh NQT (x3). Do you not consider the extra time--of which is a personal choice--useable for efficiency?
No. Long days sap player will and drain interest from the game. Three times you lot have extended and as far as I can tell each time Wolf was up for the lynch. Nothing much has changed. We've learned a few more things, which is good, but we're only going to learn more after a round of night actions. You're delaying the inevitable... and for what gain? The lynch happens late at night for me so I have to stay awake if I want to see it happen (always a good idea for responding to last minute accusations), you're ensuring I have another day of screwed up sleeping.

Your knee-jerk last-minute extending is anti-game, regardless of your alignment. But really, I want to express a small degree of pressure to encourage you to make the most of the 24 hours. Why are you voting me?
...You do know that the orange part seems to have a very significant influence on your behavior, yes?
That's the basis your tone is coming from, and blaming me (where I counter with: How do you expect me to know your sacrifices for this game and why are you blaming me for it?) does not help.

Now. Stare at the purple part.
Inevitable, what? That 4mask is GOIN' DOOOOOWN?
Heck, I'm opposed to lynching 4mask. Check my vote record on him--that's one niche of yours, right?

Green only occurs if said player looks at the effort as tedious and irrelevant. In this context, the underlying suspicion of 'oh I don't pretty much care let's get this over with' comes to play. In your context, it is surprising that you would harbor such an attitude.

Tell me, between the normal text and the one in purple, are you actually invested in this game, or do you not actually care and just judge it by results?

Because it seems I've found a significant target for where my votes would lie.

PS: You sound stressy :-\ Pretty much rest, please.
Tiruin, you better do some impressive scum hunting in the extra 24 hours you've inflicted on everyone.

Anyone want to claim the vote wipe?
Underlined an earlier example of why I believe you're taking it pretty...overt.
Your self-sacrifice IRL is noble. But taking it into in-game blaming?
Shameful :\
Guess what! Days always end in my early AM. I come back to loads of posts. Many stuffs happen in between that I have no control of and then day end hits.

But do you see me complain? A notice to you to realize the subtle influences on your attitude.
I WOULD HUG YOU BUT YOU ARE MEAN TO ME. THIS IS MY NEGATIVE TONE.
Seriously dude, love you lots, but I don't love that attitude...

Err...I rather extended because of that lolvote thing.
Also for more talk.
The votes, I'd like to see as 'weight' on a scale. You can feel the pressure, but I can easily take them off. They are just as they've always been this game: tools. Non-stick, greased tools.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78