Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 176599 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #720 on: September 17, 2014, 04:51:12 am »

Tiruin
...You do know that the orange part seems to have a very significant influence on your behavior, yes?
That's the basis your tone is coming from, and blaming me (where I counter with: How do you expect me to know your sacrifices for this game and why are you blaming me for it?) does not help.
Not that significant. I always hate extensions even when I'm awake for the lynch. Imagine you were playing a boardgame and someone's taking ages to take their turn and after umming and ahhing for ages they just do what they were going to do in the fist place. That's the basic state of mafia. Everyone prevaricating. It's anti-game. I'm not blaming you for not being cognisant of my sleeping pattern, but I am expecting you to actually do some scum hunting.

Now. Stare at the purple part.
Inevitable, what? That 4mask is GOIN' DOOOOOWN?
Heck, I'm opposed to lynching 4mask. Check my vote record on him--that's one niche of yours, right?
Then why are you voting for me? UI has claimed an anti-town role. The game is full of time-wasters and obfuscators and lurkers. Lots of good targets.

Green only occurs if said player looks at the effort as tedious and irrelevant. In this context, the underlying suspicion of 'oh I don't pretty much care let's get this over with' comes to play. In your context, it is surprising that you would harbor such an attitude.
I do care, of course, but things rarely change after an extension and besides, I have no vote today so there's nothing I can do to actively swing the vote during the extension. A flip and a round of night actions is what this game needs.

Tell me, between the normal text and the one in purple, are you actually invested in this game, or do you not actually care and just judge it by results?

Because it seems I've found a significant target for where my votes would lie.
I'm very invested, that's why I don't want people making it boring!

Underlined an earlier example of why I believe you're taking it pretty...overt.
Okay, my reasonable point here is that as you were the one to extend you should be the one to make the most of the extra time. Do you disagree with that?

What do you think about UI claiming lyncher to TolyK who is apparently brothered to Varee with Wolf as an ally? Do you find that apparent four player chain at all suspicious?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 17, 2014, 04:57:07 am »

Varee
Vote Blitz ;unvote
Just to be clear am voting blitz as his power make him the least likely to be lynch and i want to stop voting myself.
And you didn't think that maybe voting for someone that could be lynched was a good idea? Are you even interested in finding scum?!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 17, 2014, 05:02:08 am »

Sheep, If you could vote who'd you be voting for right now?

Persus13 Okay, it's near enough the end of the day. Justify why your three votes are for the three scummiest players.

Blitz why aren't you voting scum?

Gay Archaea, why is TheDarkStar a good target?

TheDarkStar, why is Jack a good target?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 17, 2014, 05:11:30 am »

Tiruin
...You do know that the orange part seems to have a very significant influence on your behavior, yes?
That's the basis your tone is coming from, and blaming me (where I counter with: How do you expect me to know your sacrifices for this game and why are you blaming me for it?) does not help.
Not that significant. I always hate extensions even when I'm awake for the lynch. Imagine you were playing a boardgame and someone's taking ages to take their turn and after umming and ahhing for ages they just do what they were going to do in the fist place. That's the basic state of mafia. Everyone prevaricating. It's anti-game. I'm not blaming you for not being cognisant of my sleeping pattern, but I am expecting you to actually do some scum hunting.
Err, you do know that the lynch happens...when it happens, right?
That people's demeanors in Mafia are fluid, and not slabs of moveable concrete? Unlike a boardgame where most things are linear (except for chess, but there you can predict movement ;P)
Though I do get the attachment with being up for the crucial period of time...it may be unhealthy if you lack ways to reinforce what you're losing :\

Tiruin

Now. Stare at the purple part.
Inevitable, what? That 4mask is GOIN' DOOOOOWN?
Heck, I'm opposed to lynching 4mask. Check my vote record on him--that's one niche of yours, right?
Then why are you voting for me? UI has claimed an anti-town role. The game is full of time-wasters and obfuscators and lurkers. Lots of good targets.
Obfuscators? Like TolyK? Lurkers? Mm...though reading back, its quite hard to point out exacts using those as reference points.
Also stance on UI is shown below.

Tell me, between the normal text and the one in purple, are you actually invested in this game, or do you not actually care and just judge it by results?

Because it seems I've found a significant target for where my votes would lie.
I'm very invested, that's why I don't want people making it boring!
Well you could cut with some certain words being rude -_- That helps.
But nothing against you ._. You're an awesome NQT.

Underlined an earlier example of why I believe you're taking it pretty...overt.
Okay, my reasonable point here is that as you were the one to extend you should be the one to make the most of the extra time. Do you disagree with that?

What do you think about UI claiming lyncher to TolyK who is apparently brothered to Varee with Wolf as an ally? Do you find that apparent four player chain at all suspicious?
Ahh, now you make it much better! Yes, I don't disagree with that at all.
...Though people could also extend for the good of the everyone else :/

The four player chain seems to start with realizations, TolyK's vague hint-dropping all over D1...which he gives after the slightest pushing >.> and that we only knew primarily UI, and TolyK. It all began with TolyK, which somehow then got...confirmed(?) or acknowledged by the people in question.
So no. Not really that suspicious.
We've got 4mask//UI filling 2 of the 5 slots remaining, and given that TolyK is mixed with Varee who is mixed with 4mask, it'd not be an ideal note if either TolyK or Varee is scum. Combine that with a power that explicably says you're town--well.

...What's your view on that? Varee being a suitable lynch target?

Everyone:
I asked you all a question here:
Everyone: We have 24 hours to go. Who is your top scumpick, and who do you wish to see lynched today, if it is not your top scumpick. If you are not voting currently and have a vote, why aren't you using it?
I would like an answer.
Quote from: List in mention

BlitzDungeoneer
Jack A T
TheWetSheep
Urist Imiknorris
GayArchaea
Toaster
Persus13
NotQuiteThere

TolyK

4maskwolf
TheDarkStar
Varee

Superblackcat
Tiruin
Mastahcheese
Bottom is who I see as town.
Middle is who I see in descending order of 'not to be bothered with' due to many attributes in detail. Foremost being the 'role which says I'm town out loud' and 4mask being a brother-ally which doesn't really equate to scum at all, along with the note of 4mask being honest to the 5-man non-town note in the first post of the game.

Now the top is a slurry of uncertainty.

TolyK is...just weird. He's tied with Varee and 4mask, however.
BlitzDungeoneer is a null read, with nothing pinging me towards scum at all, though for the town-side, reads newbie.
Jack A T is leaning town due to how he phrases his words. It's edgy in a good sense and leads to quite pointed answers.
TheWetSheep is uncertain. Falling in with Blitz sans the newbiecard, needs more posts to get a read on, or more content.
Urist Imiknorris is a third-party. Blah blah TOWN WINCON D:, I've explained my stance towards such a measure (NQT must take note of this).
GayArchaea seems...in the uncertain part, there's a hint of mystique, but its a haze here.
Toaster is uncertain...Nothing particular comes to mind regarding his character, though I do like how he does his posts.
Persus13 falls in with Toaster, but the questioning and seeming curiosity regarding what is 'confirmed', with what I note as lacking backing is curious.
NotQuiteThere is also uncertain, but the rather particular interest in third-party focus has a note on it.

Do note that I'm not the type of person who objectively puts stances on things as if they can be easily defined out like that...especially in this game where my conventional method is broken off rails.

I'm ok with lynching any of the top (sans UI, as he's treated as equal to the rest).

Or y'all could lynch me :3 (though please don't NK me Town Vigs.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 17, 2014, 05:28:59 am »

EBWOP
THIS POST HAS ADDED NEGATIVITY.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 17, 2014, 05:37:13 am »

Varee
Vote Blitz ;unvote
Just to be clear am voting blitz as his power make him the least likely to be lynch and i want to stop voting myself.
And you didn't think that maybe voting for someone that could be lynched was a good idea? Are you even interested in finding scum?!
So NQT as far as I can tell you are not voting anyone either I mean who am I suppose to be voting?
Wolf for having bad power that mess with the game? Tirurin for extending and prolonging the day? Or maybe tolyk to prove he is immortal? I dont see anyone that is a good pick for lynch right now. It either policy lynch or Random lynch.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 17, 2014, 05:59:02 am »

Tiruin
Err, you do know that the lynch happens...when it happens, right?
That people's demeanors in Mafia are fluid, and not slabs of moveable concrete? Unlike a boardgame where most things are linear (except for chess, but there you can predict movement ;P)
Though I do get the attachment with being up for the crucial period of time...it may be unhealthy if you lack ways to reinforce what you're losing :\
I need to regain my everyday zen and live in the moment. Too much anticipation of the night has made me impatient. *Breathes deeply* there really is no rush *exhales*.

Obfuscators? Like TolyK? Lurkers? Mm...though reading back, its quite hard to point out exacts using those as reference points.
Also stance on UI is shown below.
Yeah TolyK is obfuscatory and GayArchaea and Blitz and maybe some others have hardly posted.

Well you could cut with some certain words being rude -_- That helps.
But nothing against you ._. You're an awesome NQT.
Well I wasn't intending to be rude, so I'm sorry for coming across as a bit sharp.

The four player chain seems to start with realizations, TolyK's vague hint-dropping all over D1...which he gives after the slightest pushing >.> and that we only knew primarily UI, and TolyK. It all began with TolyK, which somehow then got...confirmed(?) or acknowledged by the people in question.
So no. Not really that suspicious.
We'll see if it holds up when they start flipping I guess.

We've got 4mask//UI filling 2 of the 5 slots remaining, and given that TolyK is mixed with Varee who is mixed with 4mask, it'd not be an ideal note if either TolyK or Varee is scum. Combine that with a power that explicably says you're town--well.

...What's your view on that? Varee being a suitable lynch target?
I'd rather give people who are mod-confirmed as town the benefit of the doubt for the first day at least. So Varee is a poor choice. That said, killing him would potential remove three players if everyone was telling the truth (his Brother would die and the Brother Ally would instantly lose, right?)

Persus
Everyone: We have 24 hours to go. Who is your top scumpick, and who do you wish to see lynched today, if it is not your top scumpick. If you are not voting currently and have a vote, why aren't you using it?
UI has admitted he's an anti-town role so would probably make the best pick, but any kind of flip would tell us something at this stage. I don't have a vote.

Varee
So NQT as far as I can tell you are not voting anyone either I mean who am I suppose to be voting?
Wolf for having bad power that mess with the game? Tirurin for extending and prolonging the day? Or maybe tolyk to prove he is immortal? I dont see anyone that is a good pick for lynch right now. It either policy lynch or Random lynch.
I don't have a vote today, that's why I'm not voting. If your win condition was to see all the anti-town factions dead I'd expect you to think Urist Imiknorris was a good pick as he claimed lyncher and lyncher is an anti-town faction (as per the OP). I can only conclude from this THAT YOU'RE NOT ACTUALLY TOWN!

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 17, 2014, 06:10:34 am »

NQT:  I do see why you are angry, You really wanna do something during the night right NQT? maybe it for the good but it can also be interpete that you want mafia night kill to happen. While that is also unavoidable it doesnt mean that you need to go after people for extending the day.
If you come to the conclusion that I dont vote lyncher= am not town then I dont really know how to convinve you otherwise. UI target claim to be immortal So I rather have his lyncher try get rid of him than dealing with him after as already stated that lyncher target are usally town doesnt mean they have to be town.
But this all is mostly a theory as there no prove to be have as of now unless you count people that are backing each other and a provable info then by all mean.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 17, 2014, 06:49:24 am »

Varee
NQT:  I do see why you are angry, You really wanna do something during the night right NQT? maybe it for the good but it can also be interpete that you want mafia night kill to happen. While that is also unavoidable it doesnt mean that you need to go after people for extending the day.
Ah, I'm not actually mad. I'm just being dramatic. It would totally be admissible to ignore UI for now and focus on catching mafia who have a kill, but you're not even doing that. In case you hadn't seen:

Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, and Assassin)

Everyone
Town's wincon is furthered by lynching lynchers. It's not furthered by lynching brothers. Both UI and Wolf could be lying, but UI has claimed a anti-town role.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 17, 2014, 06:54:51 am »

NQT
am just pointing out that I dont trust you as much as I dont trust him. For all I know you could be a lyncher trying to get UI lynch. Ig what wold saying is true I dont really want my borther lynch also but everythign seem to be policy lynch right now.
Also I got an interesting thing I want to test now
Vote NO LYNCH ;unvote
hope this rid of ghost vote maybe possibly?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 17, 2014, 07:07:56 am »

Lyncher lynching a lyncher to a brother (with ally) who is (by your version, at least) brothers to a game-confirmed town player. What.

First of all. I'm not necessarily brothered to Varee.

Second of all, U don't die if your bro-target dies.

As far as I know. It's not a one-sided lover.

I doubt 4mask is lying due to that being an insanely strange wincon to claim. Unless he wants to kill me, in which case good luck. :p

Cheese, if anyone has role-swapping abilities, we could move the non-win-auto to someone scummy.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 17, 2014, 07:12:24 am »

Varee
If you call lynching scum a 'policy' lynch then that's the kind of policy I'd sign up to. Which part of this argument do you disagree with?

1. The town wincon is for all anti-town factions to die.
2. Urist Imiknorris has claimed an an anti-town faction (albeit one that allegedly turns into a pro-town if he fails)
3. If someone claims they're anti-town, then either they're that anti-town faction or something worse
C. The town wincon is for Urist Imiknorris to die.

TolyK
If your brother loses, then you lose. If they lose during the game, then you also leave the game. But sure, a brother to a town player wouldn't die if that player died, you're correct. Yeah, and I'm not saying the Brother relationship is two-way, I didn't mean to imply that if I did. But look, lyncher is, according to the OP, an anti-town faction, and so lynchers have to die.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 17, 2014, 07:16:56 am »

But here's the thing.
I'm fine with being lynched at some point. To death.
Because that's one of the ways I can get rid of my "can't win".
U think we can keep UI because:
a) if I die at night 4 realz, +1 town; else he might be useful, you see what U mean?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 17, 2014, 07:25:04 am »

I don't care whether you're fine with being lynched or not, the town wincon requires UI to die.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 17, 2014, 07:26:47 am »

Varee
If you call lynching scum a 'policy' lynch then that's the kind of policy I'd sign up to. Which part of this argument do you disagree with?

1. The town wincon is for all anti-town factions to die.
2. Urist Imiknorris has claimed an an anti-town faction (albeit one that allegedly turns into a pro-town if he fails)
3. If someone claims they're anti-town, then either they're that anti-town faction or something worse
C. The town wincon is for Urist Imiknorris to die.

I would say
1 lyncher is not exactly scum therefore I assume the term policy lynch apply.
2. even if UI claim that lynching tolyk is his wincon it might not be his only wincon. I wont cross out the potential ally/enermy off the list just yet.
3.Town wincon is for UI to die, well town wincon is not for wolf to die so see who cars about that. I dont believe that the game is only about wincon, atleast not in this power role game.
4. I dont want to vote people after the other all put their vote, there someting about my role that would be bad if am last in a lynch target line ..
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 78