Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 176555 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #615 on: September 15, 2014, 08:19:12 pm »

You can't move your vote from an unvote to an unvote.
I think I've explained that you can't unvote when you have no vote.
So unvote, unvote is not a thing.
If I have let it slide in the past, I shouldn't have.

OK, adding a not-voting section to the votecount.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 15, 2014, 08:32:49 pm »

- several inspectors (Cheese, NQT, Tiruin (?), from the top of my head)
- 1 confirmed (by Cheese) town (SBC)
TheDarkStar also claimed an alignment inspect.
Also, saying SBC is confirmed town is wrong. He's likely town but we don't know if he's confirmed town.
Yeah, I'll step on you now. :v
SBC IS CONFIRMED TOWN AND YOU WILL BELIEVE IT--ANYONE WHO BELIEVES OTHERWISE IS DOOMED TO-
yes.
He's CONFIRMED Town and anyone who says otherwise has pretty much missed Mastahcheese's point. Reiterated tons of times ago.
You're insisting that SBC is confirmed town, really? No one is confirmed town in this game until they flip, and even then the role-flip may be messed with. Do you really think that with so many roles you can be 100% certain of someone's alignment? Mastahcheese might have secretly gotten redirected, maybe Mastahcheese and SBC are actually scum and one of his abilities is faking his powers shown to you. No one is confirmed town. Are these scenarios slightly paranoid? Yes. Is it likely SBC is town? Yes. But saying he's confirmed town is NOT true.
I believe you have either missed my constant orientation towards SBC, or are on a tangent literally unable to comprehend the powers I, and by association MC, wields.
Let me reiterate.
SBC is, at this moment, confirmed town.
He cannot be redirected. He cannot be lied to.
If you wish to add blatant paranoia to the case, then be free to do so--I see the truth, however.
NOBODY CAN CHALLENGE THE GRACES OF THE ALL-FATHER. YOU DARE CHALLENGE HE, PEASANT?
On what grounds did you think this idea doubtful? What thoughts provoked an announcement of such measures? How far does doubt touch your mind that you are able to speak with such verbosity in this case?

*taps the last orange part*
How certain are you of that, friend? :)
How certain am I that SBC is not confirmed town? About 100%. It doesn't matter how reliable mastahcheese's inspect, I bet something counters, blocks, or does stuff to it. And even if there isn't that possibility you didn't even mention the scenario I brought up where mastahcheese is scum and one of his roles has the goal of giving fake roles to you. SBC is NOT confirmed town.

Why do I find it doubtful that SBC is confirmed town? Because I've read plenty of games where someone who was supposedly confirmed town to a lot people were scum. Just look at UI in Kingmaker 4, or 4maskwolf in CYOMasquerade.

In addition, if mastahcheese was scum, claiming that he has a superinspect, and blocks and then kills those who try and go after him is a pretty good way to get interested town of your tail. If his claim is true (which is more likely), then there has to be roles that counters him, because his role is pretty overpowered.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 15, 2014, 08:56:09 pm »

Let me just facepalm.
WHY DO YOU NOT BELIEVE.

Alright-let me state it in the clearest way possible. At the time of MC's inspect--SBC IS CONFIRMED TOWN. THIS MAY CHANGE IN THE FUTURE BUT AT THE MOMENT HE IS BLOODY FLIPPING CONFIRMED TOWN TO THE HIGHEST ORDER AND DEGREE, BY WHICH NO AMENDMENT TO HIS ALIGNMENT, AT THAT TIME AND CURRENT HAPPENING, MAY HAPPEN. HE IS CONFIRMED TOWN BY WHICH NO GODFATHER ASSOCIATION, THIRD-PARTY ALIGNMENT, MULTIPLE FIXATION TOWARDS ALIGNMENT, OR PRESENCE OF ANY OBFUSCATORY ROLL OR MILLER STATUS MAY BE A DETRIMENT TO.

Now READ THE FINE PRINT IN CAPITAL LETTERS. TWICE OVER.

Persus13; Persus13; Persus13
You could do well by just saying 'I don't believe MC.' Given that he relayed EVERY DARN DETAIL ABOUT IT.

In addition, if mastahcheese was scum, claiming that he has a superinspect, and blocks and then kills those who try and go after him is a pretty good way to get interested town of your tail. If his claim is true (which is more likely), then there has to be roles that counters him, because his role is pretty overpowered.
Yeah, he ain't. I know. I've dropped subtle hints. He did not err but even once.
His claim is true and you'll have to go through me to say its a lie.
BRING IT. I HAVE A SWORD AND KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 15, 2014, 08:59:14 pm »

Why do I find it doubtful that SBC is confirmed town? Because I've read plenty of games where someone who was supposedly confirmed town to a lot people were scum. Just look at UI in Kingmaker 4, or 4maskwolf in CYOMasquerade.
METAKNOWLEDGE WILL NOT HELP YOU HERE, PEASANT.
State the case in direct detail. You cannot judge it fully because you're an observer, instead of one who truly knows the ability--like how you say this 'just look', as results are plaintive compared to now.

You could just say 'MC may be lying', which you don't. Why aren't you straight up with your words? If such is the case, why aren't you even forwarding the notion of me alongside MC?
I mean, really. I thought there was a miscommunication that you may think 'he is confirmed town now but not perhaps later on', which presumes a convert--by which I also conclude the same, hence my rewording into him being confirmed town, with the underlying thought that it is inferred that that proof exists at the moment it is mentioned and not as a continuous effect henceforth.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 15, 2014, 09:04:06 pm »

I wasn't in Kingmaker 4.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 15, 2014, 09:21:27 pm »

State the case in direct detail. You cannot judge it fully because you're an observer, instead of one who truly knows the ability--like how you say this 'just look', as results are plaintive compared to now.

You could just say 'MC may be lying', which you don't. Why aren't you straight up with your words? If such is the case, why aren't you even forwarding the notion of me alongside MC?
I mean, really. I thought there was a miscommunication that you may think 'he is confirmed town now but not perhaps later on', which presumes a convert--by which I also conclude the same, hence my rewording into him being confirmed town, with the underlying thought that it is inferred that that proof exists at the moment it is mentioned and not as a continuous effect henceforth.

Uh, Tiruin, you seem somewhat... fanatical. What excactly is the case for SBC being town, and why are you defending someone else? It seems like a Tiruin/SBC/mastahcheese scumteam at this moment, actually, since you keep depending on each other. None of us will believe you for sure unless other people can check you, too.

PPE: Maybe she's a jester or has a post restriction? She's posting very oddly.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 15, 2014, 09:45:12 pm »

I wasn't in Kingmaker 4.
You're right, It was King of the Mafia 4

Let me just facepalm.
WHY DO YOU NOT BELIEVE.
Remove the not, and this was my exact same reaction to this post.

Alright-let me state it in the clearest way possible. At the time of MC's inspect--SBC IS CONFIRMED TOWN.
You've said this already multiple times. And I still take issue with it.

You could do well by just saying 'I don't believe MC.' Given that he relayed EVERY DARN DETAIL ABOUT IT.
No, I wouldn't do well by saying that, because I believe SBC is likely town. Just that he isn't confirmed town. So why are you voting me Tiruin?

Yeah, he ain't. I know. I've dropped subtle hints. He did not err but even once.
[/quote]
And I'm not saying its a lie. I'm saying ways it could be a lie to show you why SBC isn't confirmed town.

Do you have to RP as Joan of Arc? Because that's what I'm getting a vibe of.

Um, no. That's citing past examples to prove my point.

Confirmed town is normally subjective. For instance in a normal game of mafia, the cop knows someone is confirmed town while the rest of the town doesn't. But this isn't a normal game. There were, what 150 roles in this game? What if one role reverses inspect abilities and is held by scum? We don't know everything, so we can't know for 100% certainty that SBC is confirmed town.

Because MC lying is one of many different possible scenarios. I am straight up. My point is that SBC isn't confirmed town. I'm not trying to insinuate that MC is lying or that he is scum. It's a possibility, but that's not my goal. If you've noticed, my vote has stayed on TheDarkStar.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 15, 2014, 10:16:09 pm »

And I'm not saying its a lie. I'm saying ways it could be a lie to show you why SBC isn't confirmed town.

Do you have to RP as Joan of Arc? Because that's what I'm getting a vibe of.
[/quote]mMMmm, interesting fellow, you are.

...But no. This isn't RP'ing as Joan of Arc or anything along that notice. Personally, I'm a historian along that line and by no way will I damn her name, in a game or in any other reference towards her. Just having fun with RP is all.

What gave you the idea of Joan of Arc, however? Of all the notes I made in vague (French//Crusade//Saladin), you pick a very obscure and popular idea.
...That in no way jives with my RP.

No, I wouldn't do well by saying that, because I believe SBC is likely town. Just that he isn't confirmed town. So why are you voting me Tiruin?
Just pokes, is all. I'm working on the ideology of rapid response or emotional intel in the way I give my votes.

[/quote]Back to here--yes, I fully understand that. I've taken the matter in full perspective ever since Cheese dropped the hints between he and I. He's not 'confirmed town' in that we may believe he'll stay town (though only in the possibility of a convert, in the future time from now) but at the time of MC's claim, as well as the time he announced it, SBC is confirmed town, as of that time. :v

Did you take in the conditions in which the confirmation takes place?

Um, no. That's citing past examples to prove my point.
So what are these examples, actually?
Infer that I'm too lazy and/or sick and its exam time that I cannot be bothered to check your case for you by usage of your references, and that you linking, quoting directly or explaining it in your own words would suffice.

Confirmed town is normally subjective. For instance in a normal game of mafia, the cop knows someone is confirmed town while the rest of the town doesn't. But this isn't a normal game. There were, what 150 roles in this game? What if one role reverses inspect abilities and is held by scum? We don't know everything, so we can't know for 100% certainty that SBC is confirmed town.

Because MC lying is one of many different possible scenarios. I am straight up. My point is that SBC isn't confirmed town. I'm not trying to insinuate that MC is lying or that he is scum. It's a possibility, but that's not my goal. If you've noticed, my vote has stayed on TheDarkStar.

...I have already taken those ideas under research and personal observation. Now, put these factors against me saying what I'm saying, instead of assuming against direct evidence (though merely spoken).
Yes! It's a very nice point to speculate on but I'm saying straight out that he is confirmed town--as of this time. Note the discarding of any other mention by me not saying it, in the first place.

'We' is everyone else but me and MC. And "WE" say he's 100% confirmed, as of this mention.
Doesn't that paint a nice target sign on us?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2014, 10:22:14 pm »

EBWOP

Uh, Tiruin, you seem somewhat... fanatical. What excactly is the case for SBC being town, and why are you defending someone else? It seems like a Tiruin/SBC/mastahcheese scumteam at this moment, actually, since you keep depending on each other. None of us will believe you for sure unless other people can check you, too.

PPE: Maybe she's a jester or has a post restriction? She's posting very oddly.
Yeah we're totally scum :v
Could you expound on the ideologies on that case? What made you say the last part--I'm pretty sure I made nothing of that sort.
That's an...interesting observation of a probable scumteam. Could you detail why, though?
Also what is 'odd' here?
YOU DON'T HAVE A NECK TIE.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2014, 11:17:17 pm »

Tiruin... You're not actually making sense here, as in your logic is flawed.

But really? I don't care.

U will show you why..

Because Cheese is definitely an inspector (or has a chat with an inspector...) because otherwise he *couldn't have known* that I can't win.

Thus, either I'm also in the coalition, or he's telling more or less the truth for now.
If he has a chat with an inspector on the line (scum, mason, etc.) then he could be lying, but then he's not lying about his results (yet).

TDS, however funny it may seem, I really don't think they could be one scum team. At most two of them. Also, please, find better reasons. :p

In my percentage system, I'd give SBC a 96% town reading. Unless other factors.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2014, 11:19:18 pm »

Yeah? Where.
YOU'RE NEVER DIRECT.

Thus, either I'm also in the coalition, or he's telling more or less the truth for now.
If he has a chat with an inspector on the line (scum, mason, etc.) then he could be lying, but then he's not lying about his results (yet).
What coalition? -_-
I don't even know what assumptions you're adding onto this, so be direct for once.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 15, 2014, 11:21:39 pm »

But really? I don't care.

U will show you why..

Because Cheese is definitely an inspector (or has a chat with an inspector...) because otherwise he *couldn't have known* that I can't win.

TDS, however funny it may seem, I really don't think they could be one scum team. At most two of them. Also, please, find better reasons. :p

In my percentage system, I'd give SBC a 96% town reading. Unless other factors.
This post should probably be to me, not Tiruin. Also, I'd probably put SBC at around 90%. Also, how does knowing about your auto confirm MC as knowing SBC is town?
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 15, 2014, 11:47:16 pm »

Guys, this is turning into a massive ... crazy discussion, and no one is willing to provide any more information. So I think we should Shorten and see what the night brings us. We'll also get to see some night time roles in action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 15, 2014, 11:49:15 pm »

Rather, its stubbornness instead of scumhunting as I see it -_-
IT IS NOT GOOD TO DEPEND ON POWER ROLES PURELY.
Guys, this is turning into a massive ... crazy discussion, and no one is willing to provide any more information. So I think we should Shorten and see what the night brings us. We'll also get to see some night time roles in action.
Preference for night action instead of day discussion?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 15, 2014, 11:49:49 pm »

Unvote 4maskwolf, vote SBC.
Unvote SBC, vote SBC.

PFP :P
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 78