Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 176526 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #585 on: September 15, 2014, 11:26:38 am »

Sooo... some lucky git is going to win on Day 3.

When did he claim not to have the town wincon?
Plenty of places. Take this, for instance:

2) I've claimed to not be able to win (see below) as well as something else - that's not necessarily non-town.

Like you, he clearly does not have the death of all anti-town factions as his wincon. Also, okay sure, let's say Toly has to die for you to win, why are you taking his assurances of immortality without even trying to test them?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 15, 2014, 11:33:42 am »

TDS:  Clearly you should invite Shakerag.

NQT:
Toaster, Wolf, which one of you pestered Tiruin, tried to get all her roles nullified for a cycle, and why?

Not me.

Jack:  Kingmaker 4?  Really?  Don't drag that back up.

Persus:  I demand you pay me royalties for submitting me.

4mask:  If you're dead but still posting, are your roles (chiefly the vote fuckery) still affecting the game?

Can you tell us exactly how this vote fuckery works, per your role?

I need to go back and read this over, for I am lost and confuzzled.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 15, 2014, 11:36:11 am »

*facepalms*

Are we talking about things we submitted, but didn't get ourselves?
Yes.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 15, 2014, 12:11:42 pm »

I don't have Webadict...

NQT, I told him that we could technically both win at the end, but it would require careful planning. And that he couldn't lynch me D1 as hard as he tried.

Ooh, give U the win-on-third-day role!

Since we have moving roles, I'd like to say that I can't exactly be given a role...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 15, 2014, 12:21:55 pm »

When did he claim not to have the town wincon?
Plenty of places. Take this, for instance:

2) I've claimed to not be able to win (see below) as well as something else - that's not necessarily non-town.

Like you, he clearly does not have the death of all anti-town factions as his wincon. Also, okay sure, let's say Toly has to die for you to win, why are you taking his assurances of immortality without even trying to test them?

Ooh. I see. As for why I'm not testing his claim, I rather doubt the town would be up for lynching him D1 "because prove it." Besides, that's not the only way to test it.

Anyone with a rolecop: Could you pretty please inspect TolyK tonight? I'd like to know for sure what he's got.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 15, 2014, 12:31:21 pm »

I'd like to as well...

Except that U have a feeling you won't be able to, unless you're *really* good.

Yeah, 4mask, what happens with your roles/abilities after death?

Also, hold on. Who was the person who targeted Tiruin to manditorily say something?

Was it something like "I think I'm going to be lynched today"?

Also, Flabort, I'm guessing it's a very very rediculous manner, isn't it? XD <- don't ask
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 15, 2014, 12:42:22 pm »

- several inspectors (Cheese, NQT, Tiruin (?), from the top of my head)
- 1 confirmed (by Cheese) town (SBC)
TheDarkStar also claimed an alignment inspect.
Also, saying SBC is confirmed town is wrong. He's likely town but we don't know if he's confirmed town.
Yeah, I'll step on you now. :v
SBC IS CONFIRMED TOWN AND YOU WILL BELIEVE IT--ANYONE WHO BELIEVES OTHERWISE IS DOOMED TO-
yes.
He's CONFIRMED Town and anyone who says otherwise has pretty much missed Mastahcheese's point. Reiterated tons of times ago.

Another note for EVERYONE:
There are powers in play that can either partially or entirely obfuscate roles.
I know this because my roleflip cannot be obfuscated, due to a certain power I have.
Just something to point out as we go into lynch-time.
*high-five on that certain power* ;)

Tiruin
You added the second question for some reason--before I answer it, I'll ask first: Why? I'm sure you understand why I ask this degree of questioning to you, aye?
My asking of what 'Guard' did was implicit when I asked you if it allowed you to see who targeted your target. So in fact I haven't added a new question, I've just clarified my old question after you continue to be obfuscatory. So please answer the question: what does 'guard' do?
Oh you're the touchy dude, for some reason this game. I pretty much clarified myself on why I chose to question you instead of directly answer it Mr. Passively Aggressive Accusatory Obfuscatory. :V
It does what is directly on the tin. Why do you have to assume other details about it?

Next: See above. The invocation of the word 'lie' has a heavy meaning down here.
Who's saying who is lying about what?

Now, during that time I was on the ideas before knowing 4mask admitted that 'ohey, I'm wrong, and MC's statements have a point.' Basically, reverse the idea of 'I've caught lying-lying scum.' in the eyes of 4mask, and his auto.
Slow down and unpack your thoughts, I don't know why you think Wolf is scummy.
:I
Because of how he said MC was lying. I didn't pick up his reconsideration when MC restated how the inspect happened.
But then 4mask didn't give a following reply given that both cases contradict.

But why that sort of scumminess gets a pass at the moment from me [ie the unvote] is because of his claimed wincon--its a non-town one, meaning it is one of the 5, noted in the D-Start post of flabort.

...Also UI is a Lyncher--its a role that is predominantly town (err. third-party until target = ded, in which the target can be town or scum {right? Or is it only town? From memory of that flash mafia guide, the lyncher targeted 'town'...and that's it}), and then becomes town-aligned or town or whatever that is town, yet ...after the target is downed, is town.
Lyncher is an anti-town role, read the OP! We only have UI's word that he turns into a pro-town force on Toly's death. Why do you believe him?[/quote]
...Isn't that what happens when a lyncher lynches the target?
When you say 'why do you believe him', I do believe we're all believing he's a LYNCHER in the first place, right? Lyncher = third party; part of the non-town 5 people in the D-Start. And nobody's poking on that--and cannot poke on that unless they have abilities which pertain to the poking of that.

>_> <_< *re-re-re-reads OP*
Alignment: Lyncher
Wincon: You win when [player_name] is lynched.
Ok?
And Town can't win unless Lyncher is dead. He claimed Lyncher. He's like that one last wildcard to defeat that we all already know because he claimed it himself. Right. So what makes him more of a threat than Mafia? Nothing. Other than he's now an excluded principle to the list of priority targets.

How do you see him, NQT?

Also it brings a significant amount of focus onto him that UI seems...very muchly of a lesser target. I still can't get how 4mask may be 'more town than not' or...how I understand Basing on scumminess and not claimed alignment here.
4mask has consistently claimed not to know whether he's a brother to an anti-town player or not, but the numbers suggest not. Again, there's no particular reason to believe he's telling the truth, but UI is actively claiming an anti-town role. Why is wolf still a better target?[/quote]
Brother to an unknown. See above for my details on Lyncher vs [whatever else exists].

Flabort: Do Brother-type roles know who exactly they are aligned with? Do they know the alignment that they are matching before game-start but at role-sending?

Sooo... some lucky git is going to win on Day 3.
...How and why? Where?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 15, 2014, 01:24:39 pm »

Well, now I have to type up responses on an iPad. Great.

Toaster: it works exactly as you all have figured out: when someone unvotes or changes their vote, it leaves a "ghost vote" behind, which lasts until the person changes their vote again.

The vote fuckery, the nightkill reduction, the inspection irritation, and the role flip silliness all end when I die.

Cheese: I'm the one who obfuscates role flips, but I have a way around it.

Urist: you realize that gay Archea rolecopped me and has confirmed that lynching me won't do jack to mess with my day game, right. All it does is turn me into a untargetable, vengeful "ghost" as I like to call it.

TolyK: I'll ask Flabort about the ones that don't explicitly say they end on death, but since some of my autos say "while you are alive" I think that I'll still have my absurd number of votes while dead, since that doesn't specify.

I'll check with Flabort, and if that's the case, then I will willingly offer myself up for lynching, because it gets rid of all the negatives of having me around while maintaining most of the upsides.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 15, 2014, 01:27:07 pm »

Slight correction: the vote fuckery ability does not specify "while you are alive", so I'm waiting on Flabort to clarify that one too.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 15, 2014, 01:30:41 pm »

pfp
brothers know who but not what they are allied to.

ppe answer other questions later; also, consider that maybe not just the votes are being messed with...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 15, 2014, 01:34:32 pm »

Tiruin:
SBC IS CONFIRMED TOWN AND YOU WILL BELIEVE IT--ANYONE WHO BELIEVES OTHERWISE IS DOOMED TO-
yes.
He's CONFIRMED Town and anyone who says otherwise has pretty much missed Mastahcheese's point. Reiterated tons of times ago.

Unless you and Mastah are in cahoots and lying, of course.

(Don't use the word confirmed around me unless you want an argument)

4mask:  Does your roleflip screwiness in any way impact the alignment part of the flip?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 15, 2014, 01:36:07 pm »

Tiruin:
yes.

4mask:  Does your roleflip screwiness in any way impact the alignment part of the flip?
Technically? Trust me, I have a way around it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 15, 2014, 01:42:18 pm »

Well, now I have to type up responses on an iPad. Great.
And now I get to speak in OOC and hug you on your iPad. Awesome.
FEEL THE HUG THROUGH TEXT, YOU. FEEL THE LETTERS AND READ. READ! BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE SCREEN AFTER HOURS OF EXPOSURE, AND IN A LIT ROOM FOR THE GOODNESS OF YOUR EYES.

Tiruin:
yes.

Yeah, true. :/ That's the flipside of it.
But I've made it a two-sided coin instead of letting anyone guess at the ridges now!

(but...it's not an argument when I've proof that makes it black/white! :D
I mean, I know that argument quite well so...)
...So I'll just say its pretty direct.

pfp

ppe answer other questions later; also, consider that maybe not just the votes are being messed with...
:O
Thank you Awesome GM!

...I wonder if the orange part is something connected with an ability.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 15, 2014, 04:31:03 pm »

Kabloey
pfp

:O
Thank you Awesome GM!

...I wonder if the orange part is something connected with an ability.
I'd say it's a greater than 50% chance.
Bordering on 100%.
*High-fives back*

(Also, as a semi-serious/semi-humorous note, if me and Tiruin had a scum-chat, I don't think we'd be having as many problems communicating with each other as we are. :P )
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 15, 2014, 04:41:14 pm »

PFP
Cheese: Ah, but what if you are faking those problems, while you are secretly co-or donating them with Tiruin?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 78