Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 176488 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #555 on: September 14, 2014, 03:16:51 pm »

So many posts, so little time. I'll have an actual post up tomorrow.

TolyK:
Hehehe.

U can tell them, go ahead.

Alright. I have information that today's lynch will be an unexpected one.

I'm fairly sure.
Do explain.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 14, 2014, 05:24:42 pm »

Tiruin
Um. No?
Next: See above. The invocation of the word 'lie' has a heavy meaning down here
Your response here was even more indecipherable than usual. Could you answer these two questions clearly:

1. Why is Wolf a better target than a Lyncher?
2. What does your 'Guard' power do?

TolyK
I have an auto that prevents me from winning, as well as another one.

I'm not sure I want to claim my other one, but I'm pretty sure I'm not counted as malicious.
Two things: one, your posting restriction appears fake; two, your not a town asset and you've claimed not to have the town wincon. As fair warning, given your current trajectory you're likely going to be a target for night powers/lynches.

SBC
So who is town?
Me
mastah
Tolyk
Varee
TDS
4mask
TolyK and Cheese have both claimed non-town. Toaster has claimed town. GayArchaea has claimed Town-Survivor. I'm town.

Wolf
Which makes me wonder why you framed my ability like you did.  Were you trying to get the user of the ability lynched?
No, I just suddenly remembered that Tiruin had claimed to have been targeted by Pester and I hadn't yet squirrelled out who had that power. Thanks for your honesty.

GayArchaea, you've not posted much. I understand this game is gonzo extreme, but right now who you think is the most suspicious player?

Blitz Do you even have a vote?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 14, 2014, 08:23:05 pm »

Tiruin
Um. No?
Next: See above. The invocation of the word 'lie' has a heavy meaning down here
Your response here was even more indecipherable than usual. Could you answer these two questions clearly:
YOU ARE SUSPICIOUSLY HANDSOME.
1. Why is Wolf a better target than a Lyncher?
2. What does your 'Guard' power do?
You added the second question for some reason--before I answer it, I'll ask first: Why? I'm sure you understand why I ask this degree of questioning to you, aye?
Though the first is something present from before.

Guard mastahcheese
Does that allow you to see who targets Cheese?

Why is Wolf, a claimed-Brother, a better lynch target than Imiknorris, a claimed-Lyncher?
[/quote]
Um. No?
Next: See above. The invocation of the word 'lie' has a heavy meaning down here.

Now, during that time I was on the ideas before knowing 4mask admitted that 'ohey, I'm wrong, and MC's statements have a point.' Basically, reverse the idea of 'I've caught lying-lying scum.' in the eyes of 4mask, and his auto.

Check the posts along this area.

...Also UI is a Lyncher--its a role that is predominantly town (err. third-party until target = ded, in which the target can be town or scum {right? Or is it only town? From memory of that flash mafia guide, the lyncher targeted 'town'...and that's it}), and then becomes town-aligned or town or whatever that is town, yet ...after the target is downed, is town.
Also it brings a significant amount of focus onto him that UI seems...very muchly of a lesser target. I still can't get how 4mask may be 'more town than not' or...how I understand Basing on scumminess and not claimed alignment here.

Which reminds me about a significant detail in a post I should've put but forgot because:
a. Exams
b. Sickness.
c. STORMY WEATHER INHIBITS INTERNET POSTING.

4mask: Given MC's notes about his power and your own notes on his power--does the fact that 'someone stole your votes' mean that you still suspect MC, or not?
What is your outlook about him?

TolyK: How are you 'not able to 'win''?
What is winning, to you?

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 14, 2014, 09:51:06 pm »

GayArchaea, you've not posted much. I understand this game is gonzo extreme, but right now who you think is the most suspicious player?
I honestly do not suspect anyone at the moment to be scum. I could just say 4maskwolf. but I do believe the fact that he has an ability that will only allow one NK per night, the fact that he'll be able to post and vote after his death, and the fact that while he's alive he'll mix up the death role results.
I may have to look back some more and try to actually scum-hunt. The less days there are, the more likely I am to survive.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 14, 2014, 11:13:58 pm »

NQT:
1) I have already said that my "restriction" only gives me a bonus - it's not necessary, but it's good to have "on".
2) I've claimed to not be able to win (see below) as well as something else - that's not necessarily non-town.
3) I've already said that killing me is useless due to my "pew pew -> not dead".

I've grown tired of being active.

So have you, but it really should be done...

Tiruin: @winning
I have an auto that doesn't allow me to win the game (it adds a part to my wincon that says along the lines of "... & you have to remove ability x to win").

UI: The lynch is likely to be a random one today, purely random, but I don't quite know who...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 14, 2014, 11:31:05 pm »

I honestly do not suspect anyone at the moment to be scum. I could just say 4maskwolf. but I do believe the fact that he has an ability that will only allow one NK per night, the fact that he'll be able to post and vote after his death, and the fact that while he's alive he'll mix up the death role results.
I may have to look back some more and try to actually scum-hunt. The less days there are, the more likely I am to survive.
The name of the role in question is, in fact, Shakerag did it. The other role I personally sent in was The Flabort's BYOR role that causes annoyance and aggravation to everyone else, which has two powers that people here already know about and one that they know about but hasn't been attributed to me: the inspection stuff, the pester ability, and the vote fuckery.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 14, 2014, 11:44:28 pm »

PFP
NQT: Yes. Yes I do.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 15, 2014, 12:46:47 am »

POST RESTRICTION!
I shouted my wincon because I wanted to prove so, or maybe I wasn't thinking too straight.

I'll admit that I told a half-truth with the first claim. The death of all anti-town factions is still a necessary part of the wincon;
It's just I also am a very selfish person and would like to make sure I live. (essentially a survivor)
GayArchaea: Just to be clear, do you need to be alive to win with the town?  Or are the town and survivor parts separate (that is, you win with town or if alive at the end of the game)?
GayArchaea: Please answer this.

This was after I pointed out that it may be untrustworthy. However, I didn't get anything when questioning him, so IDK out his scumminess. I'll check him tonight (I have an alignment checking role), unless he has something that protects him from this.
TheDarkStar: I still don't see where he was using it as a defense, as opposed to merely answering questions about it.

I've decided to dump some of the information I have onto this game.  This includes all 42 roles of mine that were accepted, my rejected roles, and some significant extra information flabort gave me when rejecting my rejected roles.
Spoiler: Accepted Roles (click to show/hide)
Persus13 clearly has The FHPBYOR Role That Cannot Vote For Only One Player At a Time, and Must Vote For Multiple Players At Once.
All three of the special rules are due to roles I sent in, I believe.
When I sent a second wave of roles in to replace the rejected Wright and Ford (this wave got flabort to limit the number of roles per person), flabort sent me some very interesting reasons for rejection of some of the second wave roles:
*Flabort told me that the additional Canadian Government roles would be rejected due to additional ones making around three existing roles unbalanced (the PM stating this was on the 24th).  (This clearly includes the Canadian Government Department-hunting role, and I believe it is likely to include Public Works, Finance, and/or the PCO.)
*More importantly, The FHPBYOR Role That Adds a Role Trading System to the Game was rejected for being completely redundant.  This indicates that we have a role trading system we do not yet know of.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 15, 2014, 02:13:38 am »

Such wow.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 15, 2014, 02:21:11 am »

Damn post lags.

Agreed.

Anyways, that is a lot of useful information. I only sent in two roles, so I can't do that.

I was "loved" today.
I can at some point (but not now) move at least one role around, so it's likely less of a system and more an "individual roles" thing.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 15, 2014, 06:57:37 am »

Only 14.5 hours until the day ends!

Really?

It looks to be so, indeed.

Well then... Facts.

15 players, of them:
- 2 publicly-proclaimed townies (TDS, Varee)
- 1 self-proclaimed Brother-ally (4mask)
- 1 self-proclaimed TolyK-lyncher (UI)
- 1 self-proclaimed and confirmed (by Cheese) unknown who can't win (TolyK)
- several inspectors (Cheese, NQT, Tiruin (?), from the top of my head)
- 1 confirmed (by Cheese) town (SBC)
- 1 claimed Town-survivor (Archae)
- claimed town (Toaster, ??)
- 5 "bad guys"

Also, a lot of roles, including:
- Canada-hate-role (?)
- Must-vote-multiple combo (Persus)
- Jack's other roles (see reply #this-3)
- stuff I don't remember at the moment

I think lynchee  should be the person who would give us the most information on flip, or the most scummy (if there is one - take out a revive, for instance) or possibly even a no-lynch D1 with the goal of information gathering N1. That is in d descending order.

References:
stuff

Pfp (!)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 15, 2014, 07:33:41 am »

Damn post lags.

Agreed.

Anyways, that is a lot of useful information. I only sent in two roles, so I can't do that.

I was "loved" today.
I can at some point (but not now) move at least one role around, so it's likely less of a system and more an "individual roles" thing.

*Tiruin hugs TolyK
That said...
*Tiruin ALSO SLAPS TOLYK.
You could do well with saving the snippets of info for a massclaim instead of giving it in the format you've got now...which is mostly useless. :/

Only 14.5 hours until the day ends!
Well then... Facts.

15 players, of them:[...]
- 5 "bad guys"
[...]
I don't think 4mask is a bad guy :v
He's a non-town, yeah, but that's the same with UI. They don't have the town wincon, but whatevermorallevel that can be attributed to the two are pretty much on par with 'town = gud'.

...Why do you say they're bad guys? Also why do you keep on trickling random information for later on, TolyK?
I'm under suspicion that it may be used as a guise to cover up a scummy plan, if able/any.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 15, 2014, 08:09:02 am »

Uh. What?
I said there were 5 bad guys in total...
And 4mask is not counted as one of them, if I'm correct
So... What?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Finalizing roles and such.
« Reply #568 on: September 15, 2014, 08:32:24 am »

Votecount
Spoiler: Darkling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Non-Darkling (click to show/hide)

Day ends Tuesday, Sept 16, approximately 7:00 PM (roughly 36 hours from this post). One extension remains in the day.
(* = used 1 extension)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 15, 2014, 08:35:29 am »

*Looks at votecount*
*resigns self to his fate*
I'll see you all tomorrow as a ghost, then. As Archea confirmed, I can post and vote while dead, so hah.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 78