Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 176441 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #495 on: September 12, 2014, 10:12:56 pm »

Oh, before anyone flips out through any notice or such--do note my interaction with MC, please. :v
THINGS ARE CRAZY. ASSUMPTIONS EQUAL CRAZY.

Now, before anyone flips out after reading all that, I'm...really standing by here and confirming everything MC says before anything is enacted on him. Because he seems to have roles that synergize/mirror my own :^
He mentioned 3 abilities. I'm checking his posts and I found them pretty equal.

Also if anyone kills me, it spreads out to 6 other random targets. :v
...So yeah.

tl;dr: I know the 3 abilities, at least by thorough guessing, that MC has hinted. I stand by him in the alignment inspect--he speaks the truth. No 4mask, you can't stop it even if it says you can, because I saw it too.
Next, nobody else touch MC, unless you want to kill him :3
Finally, yeah, the resurrect works, however it has a cooldown of a cycle and a half or so. So yeah, my joyous references to the Crusade have merit--knowing the Crusade IRL...There were tons of things that were pretty mystical, even until now for historians and theologians (also Saladin ♥), but its obviously known that the knights easily died...

Now, y'all can speculate us as a scumteam or a tied team--I advance the notion on anyone who considers it a probable aspect to pursue and to present the case as early as now. Consider that I stood up for him after the few posts he has and the many subtle guesses present, put that in your solution.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 12, 2014, 10:21:05 pm »

I can add a player to the game. There's no hint about alignment in the description, so I assume that they become town. Due to spectators being able to take limited action (voting for stuff only), how about choosing a player for them to either vote or control to indicate that they want to play?

PPE: Tiruin:

Oh, before anyone flips out through any notice or such--do note my interaction with MC, please. :v
THINGS ARE CRAZY. ASSUMPTIONS EQUAL CRAZY.

Now, before anyone flips out after reading all that, I'm...really standing by here and confirming everything MC says before anything is enacted on him. Because he seems to have roles that synergize/mirror my own :^
He mentioned 3 abilities. I'm checking his posts and I found them pretty equal.

Also if anyone kills me, it spreads out to 6 other random targets. :v
...So yeah.

tl;dr: I know the 3 abilities, at least by thorough guessing, that MC has hinted. I stand by him in the alignment inspect--he speaks the truth. No 4mask, you can't stop it even if it says you can, because I saw it too.
Next, nobody else touch MC, unless you want to kill him :3
Finally, yeah, the resurrect works, however it has a cooldown of a cycle and a half or so. So yeah, my joyous references to the Crusade have merit--knowing the Crusade IRL...There were tons of things that were pretty mystical, even until now for historians and theologians (also Saladin ♥), but its obviously known that the knights easily died...

Now, y'all can speculate us as a scumteam or a tied team--I advance the notion on anyone who considers it a probable aspect to pursue and to present the case as early as now. Consider that I stood up for him after the few posts he has and the many subtle guesses present, put that in your solution.

Isn't standing up for him, without any evidence that other people can see, something that scum/tied people would do, too?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 12, 2014, 10:29:39 pm »

Isn't standing up for him, without any evidence that other people can see, something that scum/tied people would do, too?
...Presumably, yeah.
However I did state the grounds of which I stood up for him by. If scum, I wouldn't...err, obviously be outed like that, nor would I want to--whenever I play scum, I go subterfuge. This, ain't subterfuge (also considering that we can resurrect.. -_-). Next, tied people. I wouldn't go the same path in being tied by outing myself.
'Tied' could, however, apply in this scenario. We seem to have mirror skills and a mirror theme. Fragility, and yet Elasticity. Though I had no idea there was someone akin to me in this game given my alignment and my abilities present.
Oh goodness xD I just...MC: You can't vote, right?  :3
Ok, I'll just be laughing here to myself at the moment. Yeah, I now have truly guessed all 3 abilities that he claimed.
Anyways, yes, I understand you only have my word and his contending with how to consider us, but realize that...
1. I'm pretty harmless unless provoked [ie I can't do mostly anything]
2. There's a mirror theme between MC and I. However, I didn't know about this. Unsure on his side.
3. I know he's pretty harmless unless killed.
4. Yeah, people can act post-death. But I believe this only extends to us 2? It's...I'm emphasizing the 'fragility' aspect of this.
5. Everything else I said before this post is true. Except the capitals. Think of the capitals as that crazy voice in your head whenever you have visions of glory.

Hmm. Poke me aside, Cheese.
> 1 is an auto.
> 1 is an ability.
> 1 is a...role. As in its the only [thing] pertaining to the role.

I can add a player to the game. There's no hint about alignment in the description, so I assume that they become town. Due to spectators being able to take limited action (voting for stuff only), how about choosing a player for them to either vote or control to indicate that they want to play?
My first impression = That Priest role from Supernatural ._.
TDS IS A SUMMONER. MAGICK! MAGICK! IT IS BAD!

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 12, 2014, 10:46:59 pm »

This is my latest theory on the shakerag vote mess up auto, It might be one of thoses turn on and off power, It wont count the vote after it turn off but the yellow vote that is already there remain.

GAME THEORY!
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: Does Anyone Even Read What Jack Posts?
« Reply #499 on: September 12, 2014, 10:52:22 pm »

POST RESTRICTION!
With 5 non-town (mafia-brother, as I've heard? The lyncher, and the 3-manteam as far as I read?), we've got 2 CONFIRMED town.
Tiruin: Do you believe that the announcements of towniness are safe to depend on, particularly with TheDarkStar's claims about his announcement power?
Tiruin: Please answer.
Varee is using his town-claiming role as a defense after I've pointed out that it's worthless.
TheDarkStar: I really don't see this.  All I see is him saying, when asked, that his alignment announcer announces his alignment and is not like what you claimed.  I don't see him hiding behind it, or even bringing it up without being specifically asked about it.  Can you explain this case?
TheDarkStar: I know you just unvoted, but still.  Explain how answering questions when asked counts as continuing to use the announcement as a defense, or give me evidence that he was actively hiding behind it.  Also, please explain how this "add a player to the game" power you just mentioned works exactly.

@Jack: I asked him that to see if he'd do his best to avoid being useful, or actually try to promote scumhunting. He failed.
mastahcheese:  Can you give an example of what Toaster could have done to properly, in your eyes, respond to your question?

Fine. Someone stole my votes anyway. My last game of mafia and I get screwed by the mod by being given insta-lynch-for-having abilities and an uncertain wincon...
4maskwolf: Is there anyone you suspect of having taken your votes away?

Varee: What do you think is the best way to handle the third party claims so far?

BlitzDungeoneer: If you were forced by a non-player to investigate someone tonight, who would you target based on current available information?

Could someone please summarize what the fuck is going on in this game?  As far as I can tell, everyone's speaking weirdly, nobody knows how voting works, and SuperBlackCat's been confirmed by several people to have been superinspected and come up town.  Also, third party claims and minimal standard scumhunting.  Is this about right?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 12, 2014, 11:18:20 pm »

By golly, he's right!

I think standard scum hunting will be at a minimum the entire game, to be honest.

I sure do!

Also, uh. Not Quite Sure how to phrase this, but...
4mask is basically town given he's allied with a brother who is brother to a confirmed townie.
I can claim how I know this the next day, but lynching 4mask is not a good opotion!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 12, 2014, 11:20:59 pm »

I can claim how I know this the next day
TolyK: Argh.  Why can't you claim how you know this today?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 12, 2014, 11:22:24 pm »

I can, but I don't currently want to. If a lot of people want me to claim today I will.

Yes siree!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 12, 2014, 11:23:12 pm »

Tolyk: and why should anyone believe you as if your power are as you have claimed, there no reason for you to be truthful because even you lied there not much we can do as you are"unkillable".

Jack: I guess there nothing we could really do about these claim, maybe we should lynch one of them before the trend of "claim a random third party and you are safe" start going out of control....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 12, 2014, 11:27:47 pm »

Why should they believe him?

I don't know

U don't either...

Because I'm not scum, at the very least, and lynching a pro-town is not beneficial to town?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 12, 2014, 11:45:35 pm »

POST RESTRICTION!
With 5 non-town (mafia-brother, as I've heard? The lyncher, and the 3-manteam as far as I read?), we've got 2 CONFIRMED town.
Tiruin: Do you believe that the announcements of towniness are safe to depend on, particularly with TheDarkStar's claims about his announcement power?
Tiruin: Please answer.
I'M BLIND, NOT DEAF.
Warcraft Reference ftw.
Anyway, it depends. Given my observation of my own powers--I can say mastacheese is totally sane and should be depended on in that scenario. For TDS/Varee, I would lie on unsure--however I'd be able to discard them at this early stage as a suspect until later on; they will be 'safe to depend on' in the aspect of scumhunting at the moment right now, so we can work by easy process of elimination.

Could someone please summarize what the fuck is going on in this game?  As far as I can tell, everyone's speaking weirdly, nobody knows how voting works, and SuperBlackCat's been confirmed by several people to have been superinspected and come up town.  Also, third party claims and minimal standard scumhunting.  Is this about right?
Everyone =/= not everybody playing D:<
Ok.
I speak in CAPITALS which has any sort of level of negativity in them.
Mastahcheese somehow has a restriction which has the same color as you and/or Parser.
Jack A T has a restriction in light green or somesuch.
TolyK is just RPing...which means he's using the italics and the underline speaks as a cover up. He can easily post without it. In my opinion, its another shenanigan he's using as a cover story (as some posts where he uses the italics and the underlines are pretty...useless :\)
There exists a restricting power that requires the target to have a cyan word in their next post else they lose all powers until the next day (I believe I was the first to be targeted by it; then NQT. Unsure if it is NQT-owned, however, given his hints)
We have 5 non-town roles in game.
SUPERBLACKCAT IS TOWN.

Also...I did say earlier that scumhunting would be unconventional, when I explained to NQT regarding the ratio of powerrole to player.

Why should they believe him?

I don't know

U don't either...

Because I'm not scum, at the very least, and lynching a pro-town is not beneficial to town?
YOU. HALT. STOP WITH THE WHIMSICAL WORDS AND GET TO THE DARN POINT.
What he said. It's annoying pretty much when you put lines which don't say anything at all.
Because you remind me of these red and green dudes. By which I mean I wish I can shoot you in the knee to get you talking right, as whatever you're hiding isn't even obvious in normal text.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 12, 2014, 11:47:12 pm »

So who is town?
Me
mastah
Tolyk
Varee
TDS
4mask
Can we get some more town claims?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 12, 2014, 11:47:31 pm »

Wait, Tiru, when did I lie?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 12, 2014, 11:50:46 pm »

You said mastahcheese lies with his inspect.
IT MAKES ME SAD.
...But then you've TolyK vouching for you...

I'm confused on the brother-thing, honestly. Right, so you're a brother ally.
Alignment: Brother
Wincon: You win when [player_name] wins.

Alignment: [alignment_type]-Ally
Wincon: You win when [alignment_type] wins.

But th-...yeah, just noticed.

Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, and Assassin)

So why is Mastah lying, and why did you 'reveal' outright that manner of your own powers in association with his?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 12, 2014, 11:52:57 pm »

You said mastahcheese lies with his inspect.
IT MAKES ME SAD.
...But then you've TolyK vouching for you...

I'm confused on the brother-thing, honestly. Right, so you're a brother ally.
Alignment: Brother
Wincon: You win when [player_name] wins.

Alignment: [alignment_type]-Ally
Wincon: You win when [alignment_type] wins.

But th-...yeah, just noticed.

Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, and Assassin)

So why is Mastah lying, and why did you 'reveal' outright that manner of your own powers in association with his?
Mastahcheese is not lying, I later retracted my statement after he explained his power more fully. I believed that I had caught a scum in the act of bullshit, so I called him on it.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 78