Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799400 times)

Frannny

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #3810 on: August 14, 2020, 12:56:13 pm »

Sorry bro heres a new link https://discord.gg/phP8eEh
Even if your only gonna make a handful of sprites any help is gladly appreciated

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: August 14, 2020, 05:00:21 pm »

Probably not even a majority? The only ones of the major four that sorta' tracks with lovecraft is maybe tzeentch in general and some of the body horror aspects of slaanesh.

And Slaanesh seems a lot more like Hellraiser stuff than Lovecraft.

Edit: Pretty hopeful for this project. It sounds cool.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:54:42 am by Iduno »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: August 14, 2020, 08:03:40 pm »

I'd like to be cautiously optimistic, but as the Good Book tells us, Hope Is the First Step On The Road To Disappointment.

At least this attempt doesn't seem to be engaging in any of the Classic Blunders; one of the reasons I've been so reluctant to move beyond filed-off-serial-number fluff diagramming even though I have the time and some inclination to try right now is that I'd be engaging in at least two of them were I to actually try anything - "1-person dev team" & "programmer teaching themself a new skill" (Unity/C#).

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: August 15, 2020, 05:22:56 pm »

Is the current version of CM available for download any different than it was 2 years ago?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: August 15, 2020, 10:50:28 pm »

Is the current version of CM available for download any different than it was 2 years ago?
Nope.

FAA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: August 25, 2020, 05:15:26 am »

What does it mean when my troops have negative HP? How can I fix them then? Some have like -68% HP.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: August 25, 2020, 06:35:42 am »

I think that means they've achieved integeral immortality, and your best operation plan is to throw them into every conflict you can until they reach overflowlightenment and produce The Biggest Number. Good luck!

More seriously I seem to vaguely recall that just being a bug. Not sure if there's any fixing it, you can try letting them sit around for a bit and seeing if it clears up by itself.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

FAA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: August 25, 2020, 09:34:53 am »

I see.

Also, is there a way to make money in this game? I tried selling gene pods but no one would buy them, default budget only gives me about 20 a month and missions give me nothing at all. I tried replacing governors with my people, but it only cost me money and angered the Imperium. Ships are extremely expensive and I cannot afford any losses.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: August 25, 2020, 01:13:17 pm »

I thought both the Mechanicus and Inquisition bought Gene Seed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: August 25, 2020, 05:34:52 pm »

The inquisition demands geneseed to check for heresy.

The cogboys require geneseed to long storage and eventually new fundings.

You arent supposed to sell it! Are you out of your mind! Thats like seventeen different kinds of heressy on doing so.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: August 25, 2020, 07:14:29 pm »

I see.

Also, is there a way to make money in this game? I tried selling gene pods but no one would buy them, default budget only gives me about 20 a month and missions give me nothing at all. I tried replacing governors with my people, but it only cost me money and angered the Imperium. Ships are extremely expensive and I cannot afford any losses.

That is kinda not the point.  You're supposed to bash your chapter into the Emperor's Enemies until you've bleed out your last, not horde resources like some stinking Tau Merchant Caste.  You totally shouldn't just sit there and hit next turn until you have enough for a new ship, with few repercussions for non-action versus the enemies of the Emperium.

Also look at your budget.  You only need Space marines, and no new ones, right?  So why are you spending so much on training, Brother?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: August 25, 2020, 07:22:07 pm »

Yes but have you considered FORTIFICATION!?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: August 26, 2020, 10:18:34 am »

You arent supposed to sell it! Are you out of your mind! Thats like seventeen different kinds of heressy on doing so.

Canonically that's true. Mechanically though, when you've got way more geneseed than initiates lined up, it can be a useful tool.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: August 26, 2020, 10:43:54 am »

Well, I guess in the sake of freedom and roleplay you could be able to do it but it should also carry conscuenses from being declared heretic to a new chaos sm warband being inadvertly founded by you.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: August 26, 2020, 11:27:26 am »

Canonically that's true. Mechanically though, when you've got way more geneseed than initiates lined up, it can be a useful tool.

It was also an option in previous builds to trade/gift to planetary governors, at the very least.  They presumably sell it on the black market.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 288