Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799184 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #3780 on: July 21, 2020, 12:57:07 pm »

Code: [Select]
+++Imperial Date 0555020.M03+++
+++Initializing+++
#Citizen, your inquiry has been received by the astropath thx63543#
#Processing inquiry#
#.#
#..#
#...#
#.#
#..#
#Result: Inquiry successfully processed#
#ETA: Citizen, you can expect an answer within seven terran standard decades#
#Meanwhile an Inquisition agent has been dispatched to your location#
#Please await and fully collaborate#
+++Concluding+++
+++Though of the day: Full laborium duties and no recreational activities makes Jhark a valuable asset for the Imperium+++
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheIvoryDisaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: August 01, 2020, 04:16:10 pm »

I am a C# backend developer with some experience in Unity (minimalist UIs). I'm published on the Android market and automate software for a living, so I think I'm more than capable of taking on the coding aspect of the project-- and by the project, I mean rebuilding in Unity. I have some experience already with procedural world generation and ship to ship combat.

But, if people are still even interested in seeing this revived, I won't do it alone. I will need someone to volunteer to be the designer and take charge of the game design documentation and figuring out how good mechanics should work (I will of course help) and we may also need an artist, or least someone to be in charge of managing the different art assets.

Who is interested? Message me here and JOIN MY DISCORD so I know to check back here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: August 01, 2020, 04:18:50 pm »

Many have tried. I wish you best of luck finding a team!

TheIvoryDisaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: August 01, 2020, 04:22:50 pm »

Ergan it almost seems like you wanted to throw your hat in the ring there for a second. I swear I felt it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: August 01, 2020, 04:36:06 pm »

Heh, it's a nice thought but I've never worked on a video game before, and I'm not an artist.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: August 01, 2020, 08:13:54 pm »

Im a programer, a rusty one but programer nevertheless. And could help in some exent I guess.
I have some experience already with procedural world generation and ship to ship combat.
Wow! A programer and naval combatant, interesting curriculum. :P
Currently I have no power here, so latter or tomorrow I will join the discord server.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 08:29:48 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheIvoryDisaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: August 08, 2020, 09:00:20 am »

We are quickly growing an impressive team for the project. As more people step in to the discord to say hello, it appears that there may even be more than one Chapter Master rebuilt in the near future. Please use this new invite link (limited to 10 people) if you'd like to come say hello.

https://discord.gg/SVv6Cmd

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: August 08, 2020, 02:04:29 pm »

We are quickly growing an impressive team for the project. As more people step in to the discord to say hello, it appears that there may even be more than one Chapter Master rebuilt in the near future. Please use this new invite link (limited to 10 people) if you'd like to come say hello.

https://discord.gg/SVv6Cmd
If you try to build more than one, you're gonna end up building less than one.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: August 08, 2020, 02:37:20 pm »

The thing is that by chances two teams building up two versions coincided. One is more of a faithful remake with improvements and another is a remake with a new take on the game.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: August 08, 2020, 03:08:07 pm »

and the issue was neither technical nor staffing, but cease desist and DMCA notices

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: August 08, 2020, 03:57:03 pm »

and the issue was neither technical nor staffing, but cease desist and DMCA notices
The solution is obvious: don't use WH lore/art. Resort to generic/public domain instead. (For instance substitute chaos gods with lovecraft's great old ones... which were the likely inspiration anyway)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: August 08, 2020, 04:05:16 pm »

The chaos gods Q, Mr Eaten, Squats, and The Worm In Waiting
(not Malal, don't be silly)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: August 08, 2020, 04:07:22 pm »

yeah that why interstellar army simulator* was a success right

*fixed name
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:40:13 pm by LoSboccacc »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: August 08, 2020, 06:16:39 pm »

yeah that why interstellar army simulator* was a success right

*fixed name

I'm not sure that is sarcasm or not.  Is Interstellar Army Simulator actually a thing?  I found it with a google search, but haven't heard much about it recently.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: August 08, 2020, 06:25:18 pm »

It was Chapter Master with the infringing names filed off.  Along with a "mod" from a "third party" which was supposed to let you play in the 40k universe.

I never got it to work, myself, which is a shame.  I don't need aquilae on everything to have fun with a strategy-management sim.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 288