Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800390 times)

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #3075 on: April 11, 2016, 07:04:38 pm »

Did anyone ever get together a 100% working edition of Duke's last version of Interstellar Army Simulator with the 40K mod? I'd like something to play to tide me over to the next working remake release/put up in the first post, and because I haven't really looked at this thread in a while the download in the OP is hopelessly out of date.

100%? Without the crashes and bugs? I don't think so.

I really wish Duke had finished the heresy route before leaving the development, or at least a stable version.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: April 11, 2016, 08:23:17 pm »

So eventually you will be able to go heretic too if you want to?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: April 11, 2016, 08:41:38 pm »

There was the start of it in Duke's version, but it was very crash heavy if you attempted it.

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: April 11, 2016, 09:28:38 pm »

If you went Heretic, "your chapter master name" Heresy would start and then be able to corrupt your chapter, to corrupt your chapter you would make feasts with a chaos tainted relic.

But you could taint your chapter before going Heretic aka meeting the Chaos Lord by presenting any chaos or even daemon relic in a feast.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: April 11, 2016, 09:37:24 pm »

Then it's 'fortify and wait for the inquisition'
I'm a bit dirty 'cos my 'best game' where I filled every STC slot ended up being one with a fleet-based chapter, which has rather broken recruitment.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: April 12, 2016, 05:27:52 am »

There was the start of it in Duke's version, but it was very crash heavy if you attempted it.
That sounds as a feature instead of a bug. Obviously the chaos influence twisted the game code and made it crash.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: April 12, 2016, 08:23:29 am »

Whenever you choose the "My Chapter is ready to join Chaos" option the Lord doesn't have dialogue.
Also,Custom chapters can't host feasts on my end which are necessary for corruption. Anyone else got the same issue?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:17:18 pm by SkeletusAurelius »

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: April 12, 2016, 01:22:19 pm »

Whenever you choose the "My Chapter is ready to join Chaos" option the Lord doesn't have dialogue.
Also,Custom chapters can't host feasts on my end which are necessary for corruption. Anyone else got the same issue?

The Chaos Lord missing dialogue is something I never encountered, but being unable to host feasts I experienced several times.

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: April 12, 2016, 05:46:21 pm »

Question! I've happened across a platform-dependent bug with the help of a friend. Has anyone here run the latest 0.2 version sucessfully and if so what operating system did you run it on?

It's either platform-dependent or literally nobody has run it yet or complained about it not working. I'm hopeful it's the former!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: April 12, 2016, 08:35:15 pm »

Win10x64, working fine for me.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

veryangryenglishman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: April 13, 2016, 05:49:49 am »

Win 8.1 x64, also works for me.

I did notice that a few of the images that could be used for the marine editor were slightly out of line - the helmets were ever so slightly (not enough to be a high priority) and the Mark VI armour was quite a bit out, but I really like this way of equipping soldiers.

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: April 13, 2016, 08:14:41 am »

Win 8.1 x64, also works for me.

I did notice that a few of the images that could be used for the marine editor were slightly out of line - the helmets were ever so slightly (not enough to be a high priority) and the Mark VI armour was quite a bit out, but I really like this way of equipping soldiers.

Could you e-mail me a screenshot?

Thanks for the help you guys, seems this specific problem is unrelated to the other problem I found. But for further releases I'll package an additional DLL that should resolve the issue I found myself by testing on a fresh install of Win10.

Anyway, I'll stop hijacking the thread for a bit!

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: April 13, 2016, 08:28:57 am »

Change of plans, can send more names today.

veryangryenglishman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: April 13, 2016, 12:03:35 pm »

I've sent 5 screenshots with explanations which I hope will describe what I'm seeing as well as possible.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: April 13, 2016, 12:04:28 pm »

IMO continue hijacking the thread. It's a fun change from Journier who generally only posts if we poke him too much.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 288