Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799762 times)

TrashMan

• Bay Watcher
  • PURGE THE UNCLEAN!
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2715 on: November 23, 2015, 06:21:53 am »

IAS is such a blatant attempt at working around the copyright rules I don't think it hold in front of any lawyer.

Create a patreon for cute cat/dog pictures/videos.
Or a "making of" video where you work on the code and explain what you are doing.

Then ppl can donate you for that product/service.
My custom chapter: (prepare to cringe)
http://wh40kfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Knights

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: November 23, 2015, 09:16:16 am »

Oke

This is getting weird.

Gifting artefacts isn't increasing my disposition with factions.

And a giant or orkfleet is centered at a star system with 3 planets and the orks aren't moving or invading

// And now they suddenly conquered the entire system in 1 turn

mayby a tyranid fleet ?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:13:54 am by phoden »

TheGreatZobom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: November 23, 2015, 01:19:01 pm »

Infringe copyright based on what? There is nothing else in the game code that even mention to a 40k title... The final product that you gonna sell need to be a full working independant game... then you can launch any free mods that you want... star trek, star wars, 40k, doesnt matter, you just can't make money out of selling the mods or any kind of propaganda from these mods to sell your final product...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: November 23, 2015, 01:56:10 pm »

When players talk copyright infringement like it's either their problem to worry about or solve, the Emperor weeps.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
  • 91st Special Action Regiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: November 23, 2015, 02:26:48 pm »

No one making this game has the resources to fight against that kind of lawsuit, and if they lose they will likely lose everything they have. Would any of you risk that for a game? Its only human to fear loss, and none of the ways you are suggesting are foolproof against copyright infringement.

The truth of IAS is its CM with a different name and lacking 50 or so images. All the names, sprites and coding is exactly the same as CM except you have to add some images in to make it display properly. The majority of all art work is copied from GW anyway and a lot of the UI is also copied from GW games. No matter how you dress IAS, without deleting ~70% of content you are never going to out of the red zone.
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: November 23, 2015, 02:40:28 pm »

Update on the Pre-Heresy sprites?

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: November 23, 2015, 02:42:53 pm »

Has anyone ever made a full guide to chapter master.

at turn 425 so about 35 years but still not a single world that likes me enfough to give me tithes.

Any guides how to quickly raise disposition?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: November 23, 2015, 03:01:50 pm »

Disposition has been whack since the Duke era. He specifically said he fixed it more than once but it rarely reports the correct disposition. One more thing to wait on for the code clean up.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: November 23, 2015, 04:15:10 pm »

Disposition has been whack since the Duke era. He specifically said he fixed it more than once but it rarely reports the correct disposition. One more thing to wait on for the code clean up.

I know sometimes it shows zero and stuff but I mean a way to get good disposition.

If you save a world from an orc invaison currently since raiding and attacking does -2 you get 2 dispoition ,1 per battle.

2 disposition ,  you save a world and the govenour from an orkish ,tyranid , traitor.
Unless you put full in puty and cooperation you'll need minimum if you purge the govenours about 21 battles mayby less if you buy defenses for the planet , but defenses cost 1k req.

and that also only gives barly 1 disp.

Normaly orkz overrun the system I in but for once I did it , i understood that its riskier but better to let smaller groups of marine fight to gain exp quicker allowing more elite troops.

But for the first time i'm mainly fighting cults. I think it probaply a chaos lord hiding somewhere but 1 world has already turned daemonic. and my marines are more busy running around purging than any real fighting since I wiped out the orkz and tyranids succesfull ( I know outside sector waaagh probaply coming)

I made the astral claws chapter (custom banner and stuff).

So I made sure my honor guard had no pre-set stuff so when I would be at 1 k marine i could begin shipping of vets to my legion cohort (renamed honor guard) since their HQ and don't count as marine marines allowing you to be as the astral claws and get a lot of marines.

But ofcourse ships , troops equipent. Recruitment we all know how recruitment goes if its not 100% from 1 planet.

Also for some reasons gifts isn't making anyone happen so I sit there hoping the inquidition ill finaly let me buy exterminatus and blow up those dam demon worlds.

Oh I forgot the necrons are in apprantly a mass awakening 2 worlds right after eachother.

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: November 23, 2015, 04:21:22 pm »

Heresy has been unleashed.

Literally a trial of modding situations, how easy it will be, etc etc etc, but still, adds a bit of flavour. Let me know what you all think.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/92744rjhr91k9tn/Heresy.zip

Instructions included
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: November 23, 2015, 04:25:27 pm »

Literally a trial of modding situations, how easy it will be, etc etc etc, but still, adds a bit of flavour. Let me know what you all think.

Instructions included

So does this add the older armors and sprites or just re-texturing? of the mk 6 -7 -8 etc

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: November 23, 2015, 04:28:01 pm »

At the moment, re-texturing. As I said, I only accidentally discovered how to add new armours, and per armour its a lot of work so it will be a while until I get all the armour variants sorted as new armours. I thought the community would rather have something than nothing during this period.

TrashMan

• Bay Watcher
  • PURGE THE UNCLEAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: November 24, 2015, 10:56:37 am »

Here, the pack with a bunch of weapons:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kj3zv53z55sl0hh/CM_Weapons_Pack.rar

Everything is ready for use, except termi and DN weapons.
They are not positioned and are all clumped into one image, so you'll have to cut/paste

Multi-melta, more armors and other stuff will come later.
My custom chapter: (prepare to cringe)
http://wh40kfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Knights

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: November 24, 2015, 12:05:54 pm »

Instructions included

They are not positioned and are all clumped into one image, so you'll have to cut/paste

That is pretty cool, but I need to ask if the current version of the game is still prone to all those crash? I hope the cleaned up version comes soon.

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: November 24, 2015, 12:58:28 pm »

Thanks muchly, will be incorpoating these for the next update!

Unfortunatly im not working on bug fixing, im not in that loop :(
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 288