Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798878 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1290 on: March 13, 2015, 03:13:20 am »

RE: ships, I really think you should be able to salvage spoils from destroyed enemies. I don't think Marines would refit xeno scum ships for their own usage, but acquiring requisition relative to your available Techmarines might be okay. Of course, it bring the problem of rewarding success and punishing failure around again. Maybe fighting valiantly against impossible odds and dying should bring some recognition and reward.

RE: heresy, I wants it, either going rogue or full-blown kAoS. Imperial punishments go from 100 to 0 though, either they wage war against you or are buddies. Inquisition should declare you penitents within the game too or require something else, instead of right away declaring war. Unless you really do something extra bad.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 17, 2015, 05:28:52 pm »

RE: ships, I really think you should be able to salvage spoils from destroyed enemies. I don't think Marines would refit xeno scum ships for their own usage, but acquiring requisition relative to your available Techmarines might be okay. Of course, it bring the problem of rewarding success and punishing failure around again. Maybe fighting valiantly against impossible odds and dying should bring some recognition and reward.

RE: heresy, I wants it, either going rogue or full-blown kAoS. Imperial punishments go from 100 to 0 though, either they wage war against you or are buddies. Inquisition should declare you penitents within the game too or require something else, instead of right away declaring war. Unless you really do something extra bad.
When boarding is finally implemented you'll be able to set one of several goals for boarding parties.  One of them is capturing enemy vessels- when/if you manage to capture one you'll then have the option to either salvage the hell out of it or try and man the thing.  I'm also planning on having an Inquisition audience when your loyalty goes too low, where they give the option of a penitent crusade.

Priority number one is improving stability, especially since 0.6537.  If this patch looks like it's fixed a lot of that I might add in more new stuff.

Major Changes:
None.

Other Changes:
There are now only 5 Imperial Battlefleets, subject to more tuning.
Under-construction ships no longer appear as fractions under the initial battle report.
Daemon Worlds may no longer be taken back by the Imperial Guard.
Daemon Worlds are no longer colonized.
The Salamanders and Iron Hands battlecries have been fixed, finally.
Perils of the warp may once more transform psykers into Greater Daemons of Khorne.
Within Unit Role settings, the 'Gear' and 'Mobility' item lists are now correctly named.
You may no longer assign Mobility items to unit roles that are assigned Terminator or Dreadnought armor.
Item armor/experience restrictions are now properly applied to items within unit role settings.
Mass Equipping will no longer remove Artifacts already equip.
Chapter Management now displays the correct number of Wolf Priests for Space Wolves.
Relic Blades and Eviscerators now show in the marine display.
Power Fists have been updated and improved in the marine display.
Fixed a bug that was detecting more fleets orbiting stars than there actually were.  Most of the recently reported fleet bugs should be gone.
You may no longer equip armor artifacts to xenos hirelings.  Other types of artifacts remain unaffected.
If you have Techmarines and Librarians set to be part of the command squad, and they are assigned to a company, they will join that column of marines.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 17, 2015, 05:36:32 pm »

Perils of the warp may once more transform psykers into Greater Daemons of Khorne.

This kind of bugs me. Khorne loathes psykers. I get it would be weird to only have three of the Greater Daemons manifest but this feels wrong from a fluff standpoint. While this is totally me pushing my glasses up on my nose, could you alter the possession text specifically for Greater Daemons of Khorne, so it's less possession and more "manifests through a warp portal and tears the Librarian's head off"? That's a little more in keeping with his attitude toward them.

If you have Techmarines and Librarians set to be part of the command squad, and they are assigned to a company, they will join that column of marines.

Good, I hope this has positive effects on their survivability.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 17, 2015, 05:40:53 pm »

This kind of bugs me. Khorne loathes psykers. I get it would be weird to only have three of the Greater Daemons manifest but this feels wrong from a fluff standpoint. While this is totally me pushing my glasses up on my nose, could you alter the possession text specifically for Greater Daemons of Khorne, so it's less possession and more "manifests through a warp portal and tears the Librarian's head off"? That's a little more in keeping with his attitude toward them.

I feel much the same way.  There's been several complaints that with the lack of 'Greater Daemons of Khorne out of nowhere' that perils weren't as perily.  I might come up with a more elaborate solution in the future but for now I'm just reverting it to how it was.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 17, 2015, 06:02:28 pm »

Was I misinterpreting transferring Psykers this whole time? For the longest time, I've been unable to transfer all Psykers without doing shenanigans first. I assumed it was a bug that I had to select two Lexicanum or Codicery before I got the option to transfer them to different companies than the HQ.

Reading back over previous patch notes, one is "Librarians can now be transferred to the various companies."

So was I misunderstanding, like, XP requirements for transferring Command characters (I thought there were none)?

Because as of this most recent version, I still have to select two or more lower rank Psykers before transferring them. However, I only have to single select Librarians to transfer them. I know this may seem like a minor thing, but I start every new game by assigning out most of my Librarians to companies and have noticed this quirk since integrating them into the company command squads was possible.

Also, any possibility of getting some sort of v-sync up in this Imperium?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:01:46 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 17, 2015, 07:53:45 pm »

I don't think you were supposed to be able to transfer Librarians.

They're separate, they're part of the Librarium. Thus why Techmarines transferred just fine, as did Chaplains and Apothecaries.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 17, 2015, 08:28:05 pm »

I don't think you were supposed to be able to transfer Librarians.

They're separate, they're part of the Librarium. Thus why Techmarines transferred just fine, as did Chaplains and Apothecaries.

There's a toggle in Chapter Settings that lets you move them. Whether they're integrated into the command structure can go either way according to the fluff.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 17, 2015, 10:52:43 pm »

Because as of this most recent version, I still have to select two or more lower rank Psykers before transferring them. However, I only have to single select Librarians to transfer them. I know this may seem like a minor thing, but I start every new game by assigning out most of my Librarians to companies and have noticed this quirk since integrating them into the company command squads was possible.

There is a bug where the lowest item in any of the the chapter management windows will have a duplicate ghost unit under it.  You can see it clearly in the last two vehicle for the various chapters, which feature the same behavior you are mentioning.

Try selecting the topmost of the lowest Psyker, and are they movable normally?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 18, 2015, 01:01:06 am »

Good, I hope this has positive effects on their survivability.

Except Khorne daemons do possess people just as any other so it's not like it's a fluff breaking thing, and Khorne really hates Sorcerer's mostly, older fluff used to have Psykers be allowed but never use their powers, and the more they worshipped the powers they lost over time.

It'd be breaking the fluff standpoint if they never possessed, and Khorne daemons are summoned through by psykers a plenty, even Khorne recognizes that you need those connected to the Warp in order to break open the warp!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:03:01 am by ZebioLizard2 »

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 18, 2015, 06:28:23 am »

How do you feel about inter-chapter politics? If i remember the badab affair correctly ambivalence or support from other chapters certainly has a effect on the inquisition.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 18, 2015, 09:39:19 am »

It'd be breaking the fluff standpoint if they never possessed, and Khorne daemons are summoned through by psykers a plenty, even Khorne recognizes that you need those connected to the Warp in order to break open the warp!

It's the difference between using a psyker to enter the material realm (which all daemons do) and a daemon of Khorne possessing/skinriding a psyker (which they don't do. They kill them.) That's why all I really want is a descriptive text change. The end result is the same, dead psyker.

Doesn't seem that way. I have to do to the transfer two-step for both Lexicanum and Codiceries.

And I don't think this is really related to the ghost vehicle issue, which has been there since Day 1. But I can mess with it when I get home to see if that last vehicle acts in the same way as psykers do.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:59:11 pm by nenjin »

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 18, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »

There is a bug where the lowest item in any of the the chapter management windows will have a duplicate ghost unit under it.  You can see it clearly in the last two vehicle for the various chapters, which feature the same behavior you are mentioning.
I've been aware of the ghosting bug for some time, but I thought that it only happened with vehicles?

How do you feel about inter-chapter politics? If i remember the badab affair correctly ambivalence or support from other chapters certainly has a effect on the inquisition.
Inter-chapter politics will be a thing eventually.  Most games you won't encounter too many other chapters, except under special circumstances.  It's when you take the rival chapter or battle brothers advantages/disadvantages that you'll be interacting with a random one a lot more frequently.

It's the difference between using a psyker to enter the material realm (which all daemons do) and a daemon of Khorne possessing/skinriding a psyker (which they don't do. They kill them.) It's the difference between using a psyker to enter the material realm (which all daemons do) and a daemon of Khorne possessing/skinriding a psyker (which they don't do. They kill them.) That's why all I really want is a descriptive text change. The end result is the same, dead psyker.
Sounds about right.  Maybe I'll have the Psyker explode into gore or something instead.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:41:55 pm by DukeFluffy »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 18, 2015, 03:57:36 pm »

I've been aware of the ghosting bug for some time, but I thought that it only happened with vehicles?

I have not seen it occur outside of vehicles. In all the Chapter Management lists relating to HQ units, every entry is unique. I think he was just suggesting they might be related.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:59:38 pm by nenjin »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 18, 2015, 05:50:07 pm »

I don't know if this is a known issue for a while now or not but, I think vehicles need some sort of crushing/melee attack.

I uncovered an ancient ruins which had 5 Daemonettes, vs. 3 full companies with their compliments of Rhinos.

3 of the Daemonettes died as they moved closer to melee combat (although only due to heavy weapons. I don't know if they're strong as hell or what, but I didn't even get messages for my bolter fire, just my heavy weapons and Stormbolters from the Rhinos.

The remaining two engaged my Rhinos in close combat, at which point the Stormbolters stopped firing. Heavy weapons picked off another Daemonette...and then I went probably 30 turns just hitting the enter button, before my heavy weapons fired again.

I dunno if a lot of misses and no damage attacks just aren't being printed, but it was the oddest fight I've seen, as half of my army simply did nothing while it was going on. It's even odder than watching Tau Stealth Suits dodge 294 bolter shots 4 turns in a row :P But if Stormbolters have a limited range, one would think they'd have a crush attack for their treads at least.

Firetrout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 18, 2015, 09:10:50 pm »

I dunno if a lot of misses and no damage attacks just aren't being printed, but it was the oddest fight I've seen, as half of my army simply did nothing while it was going on. It's even odder than watching Tau Stealth Suits dodge 294 bolter shots 4 turns in a row :P But if Stormbolters have a limited range, one would think they'd have a crush attack for their treads at least.

I interpret that as that since treads don't turn on a dime, the daemonettes are just walking around them until someone got a line of sight that didn't involve blowing up another Rhino.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 288