Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798505 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #3450 on: September 20, 2016, 09:20:06 am »

I shan't apologise for my snark. I have been burnt one too many times.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: September 20, 2016, 09:39:14 am »

Yeah, every jerk has a heartbreaking story.  ::)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: September 20, 2016, 09:48:54 am »

Actually my story is one of sunshine and hope.
My jerkishness is just me using tough-love to help teach some important life lessons to all my new friends.

Such as 'It is just as wrong to cry icecream as it is to cry wolf'.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: September 20, 2016, 09:58:47 am »

Actually my story is one of sunshine and hope.
My jerkishness is just me using tough-love to help teach some important life lessons to all my new friends.

Such as 'It is just as wrong to cry icecream as it is to cry wolf'.

It might be cool to be able to cry the wolfes or icecream out of your eyes.
That is some fenrisan wolf-priest tier shit.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: September 20, 2016, 01:07:08 pm »

Only admins can delete accounts on here, by the looks of things, so he might have PM'd Toady to remove his account. What a silly pansyburger.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: September 20, 2016, 01:22:48 pm »

Frankly I think it is embarrassing that our community is that toxic.  This isn't reddit or 4chan, we should be able to joke around without discouraging the hopeful creative types.

The guy came in here completely unselfishly, and was pretty much shat upon.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: September 20, 2016, 01:51:50 pm »

Frankly I think it is embarrassing that our community is that toxic.  This isn't reddit or 4chan, we should be able to joke around without discouraging the hopeful creative types.

The guy came in here completely unselfishly, and was pretty much shat upon.

he came advertising a game he said he had 300k line of code he wrote, then asked if anyone wanted to partner up to work at Duke's code, went on a tirade when was asked to show something, asked what was wrong but didn't listen.

the day this forum pampers prima donna is the day I'll leave. it's getting too much pc enough already for my taste but I still value interacting with the old timer around here.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: September 20, 2016, 02:37:22 pm »

sigh.  cant pull the 'old timer' card with me, LoSboccacc.

I'm as crass and cranky as anyone, but we still shouldn't be shits to people.  This thread is much MUCH better than some of the rest of Other Games, so it might not in reality be the best example of the problem.   

And I'll confess, scrolling back through, it doesn't look like anyone was actually rude to the guy since Tack's post on page 277, so we can all blame him for us not having a CM remake now.

But I'm still a bit put off -- not just about this, but about the anonymous forum in general.  This isn't a matter of being overly PC, no one here is fighting for social justice or anything like that.We can be crude and joke around, but we shouldn't be any different than we would be at the pub, right?

We're all here as guests of Bay12, and we should try to make sure that they have a decent and welcoming community so people stay, enjoy their game(s), and donate to the cause.

And I'm not the enforcer of that, you know?  And I don't want to be.  I want to joke around and be rude to guys like you and Nenjin, because you're grownups and can take it.  And in general, we lay off on the noobs until they get their feet under them. Like I said, there was exactly one rude post to the guy three pages back, and even after that Tack was pretty decent to him.

But the reality is, my Ignore list is now almost 40 users long, maybe this just isn't the place for me anymore.  It has been some good times since 2006, but I think there are fundamentally unresolvable problems with anonymous forums.

I think I'm out guys. I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet up, but I'm through with anon internet chatting.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: September 20, 2016, 03:00:28 pm »

To be honest, because he kept removing his posts after a while I can't go back and see what he said but what I did read while he was still posting he really didn't have anything interesting to say or show. Honestly I sort of think the implication that you can't allow your words to remain or that you'll dictate what people do with words you post openly in a public space is more "toxic" than anything he got in return.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: September 20, 2016, 03:20:23 pm »

Mates, there was one dick post. Chill your beans and move on. I solemnly swear to keep up the jokes and quit the bitching.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: September 20, 2016, 04:56:46 pm »

Mates, there was one dick post. Chill your beans and move on. I solemnly swear to keep up the jokes and quit the bitching.

You cut me to the quick.

Not really.

Getting hostile with people then editing out all his posts when he doesn't like the response it garnered doesn't make me fall all over myself with guilt.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lyk.D9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: September 20, 2016, 06:03:29 pm »

If you delete every one of your posts after getting a reply or two to them on a public forum, especially if you're here to share anything, ask for help, etc. then you deserve to be shat upon.
Especially since he kept it up afterwards. Stop showing mercy to the weak, if he can't handle seeing his old posts because they embarrass him then he shouldn't post anywhere until he handled his posting problems or changed his style of posting, he seemed to be willing to do neither.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: September 20, 2016, 07:37:26 pm »

I can't remember having a problem with him, but I can't remember much, so I'll follow popular opinion and say he was an un-fun balance of entitled and hedgy.

One dick post.
Kind of disappointed that wasn't mine after puke pulled me outta the crowd.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: September 20, 2016, 09:14:21 pm »

Don't worry Tack. FWIW, I still think you're a total dick. :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: September 20, 2016, 09:55:33 pm »

Damn straight. Long as we can all live in the delusion that it comes from a good place.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 288