This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125628 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - New thread!
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2014, 10:01:06 pm »

I added a "basic stuff" spoiler. I'm currently trying to figure out what degree of common sense I should assume; #2 may have been unnecessary.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2014, 11:07:03 pm »

Found another generated mineshaft while excavating the main chamber. Haven't explored it at all, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2014, 12:34:51 am »

Work has progressed quite well on the rail line, however we seem to have run out of rail, maybe we shouldn't have made a double line right away?
Neverwhere is around 500 meters west of our old entrance so the line should go diagonal at some point, or do we want to just make the line go straight to titan?
Because the line from Neverwhere to Titan runs diagonally, when our line reaches underneath the old entrance there will be an additional 800 meters of rail needed to reach it.
DwarrowDelf's line is only 350 meters away from ours, or 250 meters away from our old entrance, so an easier option would be to build up to it then transfer. However I guess we want to reach our entrance so I'll assume we want to continue the line as it is.
The line is already 200 meters short of the old entrance so we need an additional 1000 rails, not counting making the line double, also not counting rails we could pull up from the preexisting double line.
I could make more rails fairly cheaply, however maybe we could go mineshafting? There are a lot of rails out there, I got half a single chest from the shafts around dumathoin.
I found a passage going between DD's line and ours, It's about halfway along the line. I have switched off the lever at that point to stop your cart, then just hop off and walk 400 meters (i know the sign says 250 meters, oops).
From there take the line north untill it stops, then get off again and go West for neverwhere or East for Titan.
Lastly I must point out this, our line is at level 11 while neverwhere's line is at level 24, our line is also about 100 meters east of the old entrance, as we get close maybe we should think about where to put the entrance, then dig down to meet the other end of the line?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:45:03 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2014, 06:31:53 am »

Work has progressed quite well on the rail line, however we seem to have run out of rail, maybe we shouldn't have made a double line right away?
Neverwhere is around 500 meters west of our old entrance so the line should go diagonal at some point, or do we want to just make the line go straight to titan?
Because the line from Neverwhere to Titan runs diagonally, when our line reaches underneath the old entrance there will be an additional 800 meters of rail needed to reach it.
DwarrowDelf's line is only 350 meters away from ours, or 250 meters away from our old entrance, so an easier option would be to build up to it then transfer. However I guess we want to reach our entrance so I'll assume we want to continue the line as it is.
The line is already 200 meters short of the old entrance so we need an additional 1000 rails, not counting making the line double, also not counting rails we could pull up from the preexisting double line.
I could make more rails fairly cheaply, however maybe we could go mineshafting? There are a lot of rails out there, I got half a single chest from the shafts around dumathoin.
I found a passage going between DD's line and ours, It's about halfway along the line. I have switched off the lever at that point to stop your cart, then just hop off and walk 400 meters (i know the sign says 250 meters, oops).
From there take the line north untill it stops, then get off again and go West for neverwhere or East for Titan.
Lastly I must point out this, our line is at level 11 while neverwhere's line is at level 24, our line is also about 100 meters east of the old entrance, as we get close maybe we should think about where to put the entrance, then dig down to meet the other end of the line?

We don't need to link up with Neverwhere's Titan line.  We can build it to our entrance, and build a station there.  We'll walk to the Titan line.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2014, 06:58:33 am »

How about a short spur line leading to Dwarrow's line then, It's only a short distance and would make travel much easier then trying to navigate to neverwhere's rail station...
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2014, 07:16:30 am »

A few questions:
Whats an OP?
Can i play?
How many people are citizens of df?
What server is it?
<insert commonsense question here>

Its been so long since i played minecraft

I was a rather successful mercenary in the day on another server. I made a stack of ingame currency hiring my skills out to the various towns, civs, crooks and everyday people on a large server
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2014, 07:28:03 am »

Thank you very much.

Just incase i am allowed to play my username is insanegame27
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2014, 08:12:36 am »

To answer your question, we currently have 15 people, with two more people wanting to play.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2014, 10:40:51 am »

Hmm. You're not an escaped lunatic, so it should be fine.

Be sure to thoroughly read the OP, and follow all the rules.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2014, 01:10:58 pm »

Didn't we set it to minimum post count of 100?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2014, 01:17:31 pm »

Did we?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2014, 01:49:25 pm »

Did we?

I thought we did.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2014, 02:22:28 pm »

Urist, can I get my ST pick back?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Introduction...
« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2014, 02:23:24 pm »

I am not sure what to post here, but I'll just post here bause tahujtd suggested I did.

So yeah. Hey there! I am an avid player of both Minecraft and DF, and joined the stronghold recently. I have already helped out a bit with the main hall, or whatever that was called, and I hope to be useful further than that. XD
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2014, 02:58:53 pm »

Is latias1290 your in-game name as well?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89