This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125601 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - New thread!
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2014, 02:23:36 pm »

Alright, I've started hauling things out of the old spot and taking them to the boat dock.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2014, 02:42:39 pm »

Where are we making the fortress, anyway? There's a good spot south of the boat dock, although just extending the current boat dock into a tunnel is also an option.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2014, 03:11:43 pm »

PTW. Still looking into joining this.

What should I look for if I'm after a CPU that runs both DF and Minecraft? (PM responses please.)

Can you change your sig to this thread?

Will do right now- thanks for the reminder.

Edit: Annnnd done. Wish you luck in surviving what sounds like a dog-eat-dog server- show them never to judge a dwarf by height or standing but by their sheer determination to hew the earth!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:17:17 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2014, 03:43:28 pm »

Grabbed what I could, but I'm locked out of almost every chest. I have no idea who locked them, but they'll have to come for whatever's in them themselves. I wasn't able to get anything but my own personal belongings and a lot of stone.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2014, 04:16:06 pm »

I still need the co-ordinates.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2014, 06:29:46 pm »

Talking about canals, what do you guys think about the canals I built?

We found that you can get boats up/down with a three-block-long 'waterfall' without it breaking easily, and I assume you could spiral that for any large increases (or disembark and go up some stairs), and some mossy bricks/cobble would work well at the sides of the canals for decoration. I also noticed some people had decorated with some arches and such, too.

Corners may need widening or made less sharp and so might junctions, but otherwise it seems fine in terms of getting boats places.
I love the canals, however won't they freeze on the ice mountains?
Queue epic carved underground canals.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2014, 07:06:14 pm »

We've found a very deep mine during  mining expedition. It seems someone has stripped a fairly wide area, centered around our base. The tunnels don't cover everything by any means, but some of them are thousands of blocks long.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2014, 07:11:02 pm »

Is there a possibility of using said mines to our advantage? We could use them as a sort of base of operations if we fill in the area.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2014, 07:22:48 pm »

It means we have literally no ores.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2014, 07:43:32 pm »

HUAAAH
* II slams his face on the desk
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2014, 07:46:19 pm »

...Or we could just move again.

Falseness! Those mines are by no means exhaustive, and don't cover even a small portion of our territory to the south. Plus they're y=30something at the highest.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2014, 08:24:57 pm »

...Or we could just move again.

Falseness! Those mines are by no means exhaustive, and don't cover even a small portion of our territory to the south. Plus they're y=30something at the highest.

The stripmined area seems to be small, but there are tunnels that go a long ways (at least 3000 blocks, since I went that far). We'll have lots of iron, and we should have enough places to look for diamonds. We might want to go further than usual if we want veins, though.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2014, 08:26:57 pm »

Level 30 at the higest? So that's all the iron/coal/gold/diamond gone, but that's ok theres still infinite cobble which is all a dwarf needs.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2014, 08:36:06 pm »

Level 30 at the higest? So that's all the iron/coal/gold/diamond gone, but that's ok theres still infinite cobble which is all a dwarf needs.

I hope It seems to really only be in a small area; we'll miss most of it if we mine in other directions. However, we should start mining around there and see what we find.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2014, 08:37:35 pm »

I thought iron generated to slightly above water level.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 89