Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: the magic academy: a sugestion game  (Read 4598 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: the magic academy: a sugestion game
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 09:21:25 pm »

It isn't idiocy, they are legitimate suggestions that can add to the game and story. Eric was originally only planned to have two cats, a black one and a white one as they were planned characters, now he has several more cats and due to that, several more characters were spawned.

Considering it idiocy results in bad storywriting, the players are just as much a part of the story as you are.

And feel free to snicker~ It's a funny story~ Going for personal attacks doesn't help your case~

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 09:24:00 pm »

i wasent trying to attack anybody idiocy was just the best descriptor i could come up with in hindsight i should have said sillyness
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 09:27:49 pm »

The nice thing about having a textbox that you need to manually click post before it posts what you plan on saying is that you get plenty of time to review what you are going to say before you post it~

You also have a portal to hindsight before you even post~ Click preview if you feel like you may not be saying the best thing~ View it from the people who will read its' perspectives, if you wouldn't like something being stated towards you that you plan on stating towards others, then it prooobably isn't the best of things to say.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 09:32:12 pm »

The nice thing about having a textbox that you need to manually click post before it posts what you plan on saying is that you get plenty of time to review what you are going to say before you post it~

You also have a portal to hindsight before you even post~ Click preview if you feel like you may not be saying the best thing~ View it from the people who will read its' perspectives, if you wouldn't like something being stated towards you that you plan on stating towards others, then it prooobably isn't the best of things to say.
indeed to the empathy mobile

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 09:33:05 pm »

Words.
To be fair, reading through a lot of what you say is rather painful and frustrating when you have to work out specifically which part is related to which other part. M'not saying you need perfect grammar, but at the very least make it understandable.

And, shhh, Kevak. Every suggestion I make is an attempt to be an idiot. Why you people even still go along with what I suggest is a mystery that will never be solved. HOWEVER, Audioworm does have a point, and in all honesty when people consistently make asinine suggestions (or refusing to leave a room despite pretty much every force in the game and out of it trying to get them to leave *cough*ahem*cough*) does get rather frustrating. :T

But, see below:

Guys, kinda offtopic, but how come we're not taking this guy's games seriously? I think we should at least give him a chance.

Because it really wasn't presented in a serious way, and most of what Tuypo1 posts is ridiculous/silly.

Edit in regards to the above: Typing in another text program first, then pasting it here works too.
Take a closer look at this text!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 09:36:19 pm »

I'm starting to wonder if tuypo's style of posting can't be helped? Like he's posting from a flip phone or something?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 09:38:57 pm »

hm hard to tell whats related to what interesting

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 09:42:39 pm »

Another great use for the Preview button is checking for punctuation. Make sure that people can understand what you are saying. Wherever there is a pause in your head when you read something you write, put a comma or a period there. It makes it a lot easier for us to read and people will take your games seriously if they actually understand what you are writing. You don't /Need/ capitalization, however it is generally recommended if you are running a game. However commas and periods are sorta necessary unless you plan on running the game in haiku. And then still, haiku can be helped with both commas and periods~

I'm starting to wonder if tuypo's style of posting can't be helped? Like he's posting from a flip phone or something?
I have done several extremely long updates for "Who Are You?" from my phone, as in the some of the earlier massive textwall ones for Luna and Kira. Phones have punctuation buttons.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 09:44:30 pm »

Another great use for the Preview button is checking for punctuation. Make sure that people can understand what you are saying. Wherever there is a pause in your head when you read something you write, put a comma or a period there. It makes it a lot easier for us to read and people will take your games seriously if they actually understand what you are writing. You don't /Need/ capitalization, however it is generally recommended if you are running a game. However commas and periods are sorta necessary unless you plan on running the game in haiku. And then still, haiku can be helped with both commas and periods~

I have done several extremely long updates for "Who Are You?" from my phone, as in the some of the earlier massive textwall ones for Luna and Kira. Phones have punctuation buttons.
that doesnt really work for me i dont take breaks when im reading i read as a block of text. maybe thats why i write as a block of text

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2014, 09:47:58 pm »

Almost forgot, welcome back, Kevak.

Now.

Determine what the weather is currently like, what skills we have, our current inventory, what we look like, what the receptionist looks like, what the school's general appearance from the outside is, any contacts other than Alfred, our favorite color that is totally grey, our favorite food, and what classes we're even supposed to be taking and/or teaching.

Quote from: Tuypo1
Words.
Do you >Talk< like a block of text? My guess is no. If all else fails, go read some novels and see how they do it.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 09:50:05 pm »

Now.

Determine what the weather is currently like, what skills we have, our current inventory, what we look like, what the receptionist looks like, what the school's general appearance from the outside is, any contacts other than Alfred, our favorite color that is totally grey, our favorite food, and what classes we're even supposed to be taking and/or teaching.

Words.
Do you >Talk< like a block of text? My guess is no. If all else fails, go read some novels and see how they do it.
yes i do talk like a block of text only time i dont block of text is when i greentext as for the things you asked ill get to writing that

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 09:51:11 pm »

Now.

Words.
yes i do talk like a block of text only time i dont block of text is when i greentext as for the things you asked ill get to writing that
Please go record a several sentence statement on Vocaroo. I sincerely doubt you speak without pausing.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2014, 09:52:31 pm »

>Implying you can't just greentext your updates

>Implying everything is a run on sentence
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2014, 10:01:23 pm »

the weather is sunny its always sunny around the academy thanks to the wizards spells outside the weather field though it is lightly raining.
we have no skills thats why we have come to the academy.
our inventory consists of:
clothing
a heap of money
a top of the line laptop running windows 7
a notebook
you look like a 12 year old bruce wayne a very square chin attractive but prepubescent so dont go getting any ideas after a year or so you can have him chase after girls (girls only Bruce is completely heterosexual).
the receptionist is attractive like really attractive the most alluring woman youve ever seen she must get hit on constantly she is flawless and has a perfect body.
the school looks like a big arse university nothing outwardly interesting about it.
Alfred is the only person you know.
yep grey, grey and black.
i dont know about food my favorite is rice so lets go with rice.
you dont know what classes your taking you havent even enrolled yet thats what you need to talk to the receptionist about.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2014, 10:03:35 pm »

"I need to enroll so I can learn to call lightning forth from the skies!"
Count cash.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:11:21 pm by Lyeos »